Where can you find your dinning time in the app?

When I called to switch my dinning time from early to late CSR told me late time was full so Iasked to be wait listed. When I asked how I would know if request was honored I was told you could check the app for assigned dinning time.

Darned if I can find it, Clicked little person icon for my sailing and I can see my cabin assignment and arrival time but i don't see dinning time antwhere.iit's not on my set sail pass either. Am I doing in the wrong spot on the app?

19 minutes ago, turtle1947 said:

When I called to switch my dinning time from early to late CSR told me late time was full so Iasked to be wait listed. When I asked how I would know if request was honored I was told you could check the app for assigned dinning time.

Darned if I can find it, Clicked little person icon for my sailing and I can see my cabin assignment and arrival time but i don't see dinning time antwhere.iit's not on my set sail pass either. Am I doing in the wrong spot on the app?

You're in the right place but there appears to be a recent glitch that is preventing some people from seeing it on some sailings.

I have 1 Anthem, 1 Freedom and 1 Allure booked. I can only see the dining on the Freedom booking (see screenshot below). Others have reported being unable to see it on Oasis and Quantum class ships but can see it on other classes so it may (or not) be related to the class of ship.

Screenshot_20240619-140613.thumb.png.30eaeaca4c9e580a311033573522ee5e.png

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Others have reported being unable to see it on Oasis and Quantum class ships but can see it on other classes so it may (or not) be related to the class of ship.

Yep (as you know), I’ve never once seen mine, all Oasis class.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

You're in the right place but there appears to be a recent glitch that is preventing some people from seeing it on some sailings.

I have 1 Anthem, 1 Freedom and 1 Allure booked. I can only see the dining on the Freedom booking (see screenshot below). Others have reported being unable to see it on Oasis and Quantum class ships but can see it on other classes so it may (or not) be related to the class of ship.

Screenshot_20240619-140613.thumb.png.30eaeaca4c9e580a311033573522ee5e.png

I was not able to see dining for our recent Liberty sailing.  It would have been great to be able to see it prior to boarding to try to get our dining changed back to early seating instead of my time dining that they had moved us to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle1947 said:

Am I doing in the wrong spot on the app?

Use the online planner instead of the app and on the dining tab scroll all the way to the bottom where the MDR should be listed. If you can make reservations you have been switched to MTD, if you can’t you are likely still on the waitlist. 

43 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Use the online planner instead of the app and on the dining tab scroll all the way to the bottom where the MDR should be listed. If you can make reservations you have been switched to MTD, if you can’t you are likely still on the waitlist. 

That was not the case with our recent dining fiasco.  We had early seating when I booked the cruise and it showed that on the booking invoice.  Our cruise documents also said we were in early seating.  Once we boarded, our sea pass cards said my time dining.  We did not have a reservation button to make any reservations in my time dining.  Ship overbooked over 200 passengers in early seating and arbitrarily moved a bunch of people to MTD.  Tried many ways to have it fixed, including having the concierge try to help.  She asked to look at my app and was very surprised to see we couldn't make reservations.  About day 5 of our 9 day cruise, a reservation button finally appeared in our app, even though we were eating in early seating with the help of the head waiter.

3 hours ago, turtle1947 said:

Click on the calendar icon to pull up the day's schedule then scroll down until you get to dinner time. Any restaurant reservation will show up there.

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

That was not the case with our recent dining fiasco.

That is a very rare edge case - in such a scenario, going to the MTD host and booking would be the way to go.

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That is a very rare edge case - in such a scenario, going to the MTD host and booking would be the way to go.

Why would we go to the MTD host to book if we don't want MTD?  We wanted the dining we had booked.

None of the hosts would help any of the people who were displaced, other than tell us to come and stand in line at 5:30.  They would then fill the tables that were empty from no shows in early seating.  Some nights the wait was 45 minutes, which was totally unacceptable.

11 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

None of the hosts would help any of the people who were displaced, other than tell us to come and stand in line at 5:30.  They would then fill the tables that were empty from no shows in early seating.  Some nights the wait was 45 minutes, which was totally unacceptable.

Sorry to hear you had such an awful experience. We had the same thing happen on Allure last October (everything said early seating but we were switched to MTD).

It was blamed on IT and they handled it extremely well in our case. We were told to show up at 5pm every night we wanted to eat in the MDR & we would be seated quickly. All 3 times we went, the wait was 5-10 minutes. We had different servers each time but all we cared about was having a 2-top which we did.

Posted (edited)

I currently have 2 cruises booked. Both were booked for early dining.

In the app:

Wonder - September ‘24 not in app

Utopia - January ‘25 - shows in app early dining

On our Allure B2B in April/May we had confirmed bookings for early dining on the first leg and late dining on the second. On our cruise cards they were reversed. We did get them fixed but shouldn’t have had to. I even had email confirmations for our booked dining times. The MDR staff were all very helpful.

Edited by perfect match