Filthy balcony on Iona

I think that there should be a prize for the first person who has used the word ‘pubes’ in a cruise review. Could this be the winner or have I missed a previous one? 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 21

1 hour ago, wetterthanwater said:

Just disembarked Iona and my goodness.. my balcony was filthy! Covered in pubes and other dirt.

I've seen cleaner pavements. 🤣

20240621_192356.thumb.jpg.ba4fdb570bea9c143497d747283e3018.jpg

20240621_192351.jpg

You've just disembarked and you're complaining about pubes left on your balcony. 😏

Perhaps you would like to rephrase that?  LOL.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

I think that there should be a prize for the first person who has used the word ‘pubes’ in a cruise review. Could this be the winner or have I missed a previous one? 🤣 

Assuming the cruise was at least 7 days, were they there on the first day?. If so were they reported and what was the outcome of said report. If not there at the beginning. ????🤔

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, wetterthanwater said:

Oh these pubes were baked on and were a pre-exisiting condition. Clearly the balconies haven't been hosed down in a while.

I've mentioned it in the after cruise survey - but not to the steward. He was busy enough and it looked like a wider issue.

So you didn't report it in a time frame that could have remedied the baked pubes issue, but reported on the world wide Web. In the shape of pube critic.🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

Having also just come off Iona (report to follow) I have to agree about total cleanliness and hygene. Basically the ship was grubby! There was food on the floor in both Horizon and theQuays. The cabin(inside) we were in did not have the floor cleaned in the seven days. N-one hardly washed hands and nobody queried it. Several people put containers under the milk/water/orange juice dispensers and a sheet with a very small spot of blood (mine from a scratch) was left on the bed!. Not a good advert for P&O. I should also say that the original poster is coming in for some very uneccessary sarcastic comments from some on here.

Grow up.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, wetterthanwater said:

Oh these pubes were baked on and were a pre-exisiting condition. Clearly the balconies haven't been hosed down in a while.

I have pre existing conditions but can assure everyone they are not mine .🙃

Question..Does anyone declare pre existing pubes on their travel insurance ? 🤔

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Funboy said:

I should also say that the original poster is coming in for some very uneccessary sarcastic comments from some on here.

Grow up.

From the tone of the original post (including the 🤣 emoji), it suggested to me that, like most (but clearly not all) of us on this forum, the OP has a sense of humour. Difficult to have an entirely serious conversation about pubes 😂 

• Like 4

I was going to post that picture on one of the P&O Facebook groups, but then remembered the lynching I got for calling the food "school dinnery" last year. Should I have mentioned it to the cabin attendant? Yes. But he does hard enough job, as well as whatever P&O are paying him a pittance to do in the hours he is not cleaning the rooms. 

I admit to not scientifically analysing the hairs, but if it looks like a pube, curls like a pube, has the length of a pube... it's probably a pube. 

I don't want to misrepresent anything so here is another, a bit closer. 

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-22 at 20.39.15.jpeg

I was on Iona two weeks ago (and no, that wasn’t my balcony!) and my steward kept my balcony and cabin absolutely spotless - but I do appreciate that some stewards are better than others. I also had no complaints about the cleanliness of the ship in the areas I went. 

I do think that if my balcony was in that state then I would have immediately asked the steward if he could arrange for it to be cleaned and then if no joy after a day, I would have reported to reception as there’s no point waiting until you get home to moan as it’ll likely remain like that for the next occupants.

What a shame for you tho as having a balcony is so lovely when sailing in and out the fjords.

Edited by Angel57
  • Like 8

Brilliant thread.

But I have to admit, our Iona deck 9 conservatory balcony a week ago did leave something to be desired by the end of the cruise. There were small drains on the floor and ‘hair’ seemed to have come up out of them, and collected. Maybe I ought to have taken a photo.  I didn’t say anything to the steward as she already had so many cabins she was ‘full on’ till late lunchtime.  Next time I’ll photo it, and mention at reception if it needs cleaning, as we’ll be on her for 2 weeks then and it ought to be hotter, so I may not always be in shoes out there! 

oh and no, again, it was not my hair/pubes 😂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

I have pre existing conditions but can assure everyone they are not mine .🙃

Question..Does anyone declare pre existing pubes on their travel insurance ? 🤔

We are all assuming they are pubes. They could be from somebody's beard. Perhaps a chap,or a Lady with a pre existing moulting condition.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wetterthanwater said:

I was going to post that picture on one of the P&O Facebook groups, but then remembered the lynching I got for calling the food "school dinnery" last year. Should I have mentioned it to the cabin attendant? Yes. But he does hard enough job, as well as whatever P&O are paying him a pittance to do in the hours he is not cleaning the rooms. 

I admit to not scientifically analysing the hairs, but if it looks like a pube, curls like a pube, has the length of a pube... it's probably a pube. 

So you will tell the world after the event, but not the cabin steward at the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wetterthanwater said:

If it was too big a job for the cabin steward to handle himself he would have reported the complaint to his/her  manager, and you could have followed it up if it remained unresolved.

• Like 2

Seriously all those "hairs" cannot be pubes, or even beard. There are too many.  They look extremely odd and I agree that is a filthy balcony.  Having always had an inside, I have no idea how they could get that dirty.

Edited by jeanlyon

24 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Seriously all those "hairs" cannot be pubes, or even beard. There are too many.  They look extremely odd and I agree that is a filthy balcony.  Having always had an inside, I have no idea how they could get that dirty.

Yes. They look like dog hairs!