Impressions from Crystal Symphony from Istanbul to Monaco:

travelberlin

I am very pleased to see that other cruisers are starting new threads on their cruises because mine is coming to an end. Today we are anchored in front of Portofino. A lovely, expensive town in Liguria. I was last year quite near to this town with an Azamara ship. We were in Santa Maria Liguria and were supposed to come to Portofino. But the weather changed and we went to Genoa instead because our ship couldn’t tender anymore but had to dock. Azamara did a great job at that time.

i went to Portofino because I wanted to find some nail salon. The reason is that my nail polish having done at the Symphony did not last more than 4 days. At those prices plus 20% gratuity (that “for our convenience “ is automatically added to the bill) I have expected more. Unfortunately I didn’t find a nail salon in Portofino. I imagine the rich and famous come with their own manicurists. 

Today 2 beautiful ships have anchored in front of this port. The Serenade of the Seas which is doing a World Cruise and  our Symphony. I am glad that I am able to appreciate the beauty of other experiences and I have not become someone that thinks only luxury is the best. 

IMG_4477.thumb.jpeg.bab374c1f5de7c693d5d40101eec4359.jpeg

And the Serenade of the Seas..,

IMG_4479.thumb.jpeg.c9b6e0ae41f34a8c3a4dda63c178db2e.jpeg

• Like 4

It has been a wonderful cruise with many impressions. Today it was interesting at lunch time at the Market place with a nice lunch. While I was having  lunch, I saw someone who looked like Elton John touching some food on the buffet (the pao de queijo,  a nice cheese, casava bread). Paranoid like I am at buffets of people touching food with their bare hands, and because this gentleman looked like Elton John and we had some entertainer imitating Elton John, I thought it was him. I have said to the waiter there is this person touching the food and he said to me “he is the chef” . Upsss… I kept laughing by myself quite a while after that 😂

I had a lovely dinner at Waterside and now I am enjoying my last after dinner drink at the Cove listening to the wonderful violinist. I am alone, I think the others are still having dinner. It is such a privilege…I might even make it to the show at 9.30. I am afraid that I was not there many times. 9.30 is too late for me. 

The best on board the ships are the crew members. They are so special. The ones I knew from the Old Crystal and the ones who are new. Thank you to all of them! 

Thank you also to those of you Cruise Critic members who have accompanied me reading or commenting on this thread. I am sorry it became a monologue since no other Cruise Critic member seem to be on this cruise. All seem to be on the Serenity…

I had a lovely time but now I am looking forward to my next adventure. I am flying to Switzerland, where I will meet my husband for our annual hiking in Switzerland. My husband is biking from Passau to Wien along the Donau right now. Also a great adventure. 

Enjoy your cruises and have a great time in whatever you are doing now. The picture is the sunset this evening. Bye, bye 👋 

IviIMG_4482.thumb.jpeg.89b6ae42d1de4d4a1eb488b911b1ecd3.jpeg

• Like 17

Thank you so much for your enjoyable posts. We haven’t been on Symphony for some years so it was nice to hear from you. We were diffident to return to Symphony after Albert’s passing. For us he was synonymous with the ship. Maybe will try it next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you again for your kind comments. I hope we meet one day onboard one of the ships. On the mean time I am sharing with you a picture of a Lamborghini as seen today in the elegant and wealthy Zürich. Some how Switzerland is the only place where I keep making pictures of cars. I wonder why 😃.

IMG_4513.thumb.jpeg.243e403c7d2fb068b736eebeb2a76c77.jpeg

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

Thank you again for your kind comments. I hope we meet one day onboard one of the ships. On the mean time I am sharing with you a picture of a Lamborghini as seen today in the elegant and wealthy Zürich. Some how Switzerland is the only place where I keep making pictures of cars. I wonder why 😃.

IMG_4513.thumb.jpeg.243e403c7d2fb068b736eebeb2a76c77.jpeg

Don't be tempted, Ivi

It suffers from restricted view, no balcony and the shower is a joke.

For the money, you'd think they could do better. Best spend your money on another Crystal cruise would be my advice.
Adrian

😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 5