Express boarding if only part of your party has it?

SAmome

If you are cruising out of Port Miami they are very strict about access to the Express line. I have had it the last three times I sailed on Freedom and they checked my SetSail Pass to verify it had Express on it both outside the terminal and inside the terminal. This was consistent on all three of these cruises. I don’t know if this is the same at other ports. 

8 hours ago, SAmome said:

3 of the 5 of us got it; all driving to the port together.  Can we all get in the Express boarding line b/c majority have it?  Or all go in the regular line.  We plan on sticking together.

No,  all of you need to go in the regular line

• Like 1

14 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Did the other two in the group check in fully online?

Yes but I think the two w/o it used the website to upload photo and not the app to self take photo.

Same last name but multiple cabins.  Not minors. If we separate it will be to "test" the difference lol.

1 hour ago, SAmome said:

Yes but I think the two w/o it used the website to upload photo and not the app to self take photo.

Same last name but multiple cabins.  Not minors. If we separate it will be to "test" the difference lol.

I've quit a couple of years ago uploading photo. They keep taking a new photo anyway. I doubt it makes any difference that I can tell if you upload a photo or not before you check in at the terminal. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Simple to just stay together in the general line.  

A week ago Sunday, boarding Harmony in Galveston, seven of our family group were in suites and the other four in balcony cabins. The suite people used the "Suite and Pinnacle" line at the terminal and the others took the regular line - the regular line folks were on board 15-20 minutes before the suite folks. The suite area was nice but otherwise, no advantage at all in using it compared to the regular check-in line.

ETA: to the actual topic of this thread, two of the suite people (minor children) had the "express" indication on their set sail passes - no one else did. Very odd.

Edited by joepeka
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2024 at 3:47 PM, SAmome said:

3 of the 5 of us got it; all driving to the port together.  Can we all get in the Express boarding line b/c majority have it?  Or all go in the regular line.  We plan on sticking together.

2 rooms express 2 rooms non.  They let us in the door with the express sign to get into the building (I am pretty sure because it wasn’t that busy), but the express checkin would not let the non express group go thru their line.  There was almost no difference. This was for Freedom with a 11am checkin time.  We were about 15 - 20 min early and the ship was boarding.

Edited by Cherful59