Hurricane Beryl will affect Western Caribbean Cruises will your itinerary be affected?

Per John Heald..

Hurricane Beryl update.
I have had many people ask about their cruise next week and for cruises through July even. They are asking me “ what will happen?” Will there be new ports? When will Carnival let us know?
The answer is that the Fleet Operations Center, the ship’s Captains and the Beards all work together on this. They will never make any itinerary changes days in advance. That’s because we want to try and give guests the cruise they booked so they track the path of the storm and wait as long as possible, safely of course, before making any changes.
The only changes so far are on the current cruise of Carnival Liberty which will be doing the scheduled ports in reverse order which is often common place in these kind of situations.
So that’s the update for now and if there are any changes we will contact you in the usual way and I will also be here to help all I can.
Cheers
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We board the Breeze on Saturday, going to Costa Maya (Monday the 8th) and Cozumel (Tuesday the 9th).  Haven't heard anything from Carnival, but barring damage to those ports when Beryl blows through, we should be good.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rdtpm64 said:

We board the Breeze on Saturday, going to Costa Maya (Monday the 8th) and Cozumel (Tuesday the 9th).  Haven't heard anything from Carnival, but barring damage to those ports when Beryl blows through, we should be good.  Fingers crossed!

Yeah, we leave Sunday and doing western route. Unless there is some significant damage, I don’t see us missing those ports.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rdtpm64 said:

Based upon the latest (and these things can change hourly). I know this for a fact, I would not bet the ranch on this happening, but it is WAY too early to determine when and where or if it will hit.

• Thanks 1

I’m currently on the Enchanted Princess doing an itinerary. Today was our first port day in Costa Maya. Rest of the trip was Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, sea day, then back to Florida. At this point, we’re skipping Belize, going to Cozumel a day early, a sea day, then Nassau.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I’m currently on the Enchanted Princess doing an itinerary. Today was our first port day in Costa Maya. Rest of the trip was Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, sea day, then back to Florida. At this point, we’re skipping Belize, going to Cozumel a day early, a sea day, then Nassau.

Very typical to juggle ports and skip one here or there.  We went to Cozumel between two hurricanes (Wilma, I believe) that trashed the island and pier and stalled for over the island for 24 hours and dumping 2+ feet of rain.  As a side note, as we were riding back to the ship in a taxi (the day before Wilma hit), I asked the cabby if he was worried and he said, no senor they always turn….

13 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Hurricane Beryl steaming towards the Western Caribbean.  Will your cruise itinerary be changed? What have you heard from the cruise line?

hurricane beryl.png

Sometimes when I see these hurricane "cones" I think of Get Smart.  Anyone else?

Get Smart cone of silence 2 on Make a GIF

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Sometimes when I see these hurricane "cones" I think of Get Smart.  Anyone else?

Get Smart cone of silence 2 on Make a GIF

OMG - the cone of silence.  That was always hysterical to me!

• Like 2

Hi guys!

I’m new here! I’m commenting to keep updated on the situation and possible change of ports if any gets destroyed too bad, been on 25 cruises and never been in this situation. Supposed to be cruising on the horizon July 27 going to Jamaica, grand cayman, and Cozumel. 

24 minutes ago, Kaitlin95 said:

Hi guys!

I’m new here! I’m commenting to keep updated on the situation and possible change of ports if any gets destroyed too bad, been on 25 cruises and never been in this situation. Supposed to be cruising on the horizon July 27 going to Jamaica, grand cayman, and Cozumel. 

If this storms stops any of those ports in late July, that would be something. 

• Haha 1

Yes that is what I’m afraid of, this hurricane taking out all those ports! Not sure where we will go if that happens. How do you reply directly to a comment? Is it the quote button? 

2 minutes ago, Kaitlin95 said:

Yes that is what I’m afraid of, this hurricane taking out all those ports! Not sure where we will go if that happens. How do you reply directly to a comment? Is it the quote button? 

quoting your post to show you how it works when you use the quote button

• Haha 1