Bed by bath or veranda

12 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

Looking to book on the Reflection, either of 3 cabins 8331, 7299, or 7129. How do I figure out bed placement? 

Thanks!

Go to S-Class Cabin Information Compilation section above the topics section.

• Thanks 1

You can look at the deck plans on cruisedeckplans.com.  If you see the square symbol indicating there is a convertible sofa bed, then the bed is by the bathroom.  (7229 and 8331 have bed by the door, 7129 has the bed by the window). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

You can look at the deck plans on cruisedeckplans.com.  If you see the square symbol indicating there is a convertible sofa bed, then the bed is by the bathroom.  (7229 and 8331 have bed by the door, 7129 has the bed by the window). 

Thanks that’s what I was looking for! I seem to have a brain fog🤪

13 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Stateroom 8331 had the bed by the balcony, along with 7129.  7229 has the bed by the bath/door.

Posted (edited)

OK, don't flame me here, I am just curious.  I see the question above asked commonly and always wondered.  Do you prefer the bed by the window or prefer nearer the bathroom?  Why?  Nearer the bathroom is more convenient during the night...nearer the window can see out better during the day....is there a more obvious reason I am missing?

Edited by PKB

33 minutes ago, PKB said:

OK, don't flame me here, I am just curious.  I see the question above asked commonly and always wondered.  Do you prefer the bed by the window or prefer nearer the bathroom?  Why?  Nearer the bathroom is more convenient during the night...nearer the window can see out better during the day....is there a more obvious reason I am missing?

Are you normally in bed during the day to see out better? 

We like bed by the bath as it opens up the space leading out to the balcony.  Others like bed by the balcony to open up space to get dressed near the hanging closet.  I've had both, but I think it's a personal preference.

33 minutes ago, PKB said:

If you like to invite friends/family to your cabin, bed by bath is better for entertaining. Particular to  E-class IV cabins, the bi-fold doors are close to the bed so the bed by bath arrangement gives the cabin a more spacious layout, imho.

16 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Actually 8331 has bed by balcony since 8329 and 8331 have the symbols with couches next to the balcony

1 hour ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Actually 8331 has bed by balcony since 8329 and 8331 have the symbols with couches next to the balcony

You are correct, I looked at 8321 vice 8331 .. 

6 hours ago, PKB said:

well , after 22 Celebrity cruises we had the bed by the veranda only twice and loved it until the 2nd time. To get to the bathroom in the night we needed to drag the little table into the corner by the closet so we don't trip over it and pivot the TV back against the wall so we don't walk into that either.  so forgot the table one night this year and hubby trips over it knocking the vase of flowers to the floor. Of course it smashed and he got glass in his hand. Blood on carpet , counter and down the cupboard door. Then when I woke again later I didn't have shoes near the bed and had to make my way bare foot over the carpet whilst praying I wouldn't get splinters of glass in my feet. Poor room steward had extra cleaning that morning!!

15 hours ago, PKB said:

Bed by the window. My wife uses a walker and having the space at you enter the cabin makes it much easier. Once folded the walker fits easily between the end of the settee/couch and the wardrobe.

Create extra space by moving the oval table to fit against the wall half under the dressing table. You can still easily sit in front of the mirror and use half the table.

We always prefer bed by bath.. It makes the rest of the room seem more roomy &  useful,  although bed by bath can be a bit tight for use of closet on some ships.

On one of our EDGE cruises , we had bed by the Inf Veranda. We.had to keep bi folds open ( as we do anyhow) to have room for far side of the bed..Husb had to step onto inf veranda floor to get in and out..

these cabins are long and narrow..but we manage...

Another Q, what's better?  Travelling feet first or head first?  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hcat said:

i don't think I have ever noticed any difference.  most of the time I think our feet have been pointed toward the side of the ship vs fore and aft. 

11 hours ago, hcat said:

For me, feet first.  The TV is mounted on the forward bulkead and the bridge cam view is correctly oriented.

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

For me, feet first.  The TV is mounted on the forward bulkead and the bridge cam view is correctly oriented.

that makes sense!

we did not like the bed orientation of the Sky suite on BEYOND....bed  faces out to the water but  you move sideways.