Web Version?

Yehootu

We have several cruises planned and all are loaded in the app. When I go to the web version in my personalizer and attempt t sign in, I get this message " This booking is already claimed". I've tried logging out of the app to see if that makes a difference and it doesn't. Any ideas on a work around?

32 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

We have several cruises planned and all are loaded in the app. When I go to the web version in my personalizer and attempt t sign in, I get this message " This booking is already claimed". I've tried logging out of the app to see if that makes a difference and it doesn't. Any ideas on a work around?

It has always done that.  You tried to link booking?  You can click cancel and it will open a new screen to log in or move down to login using booking number.  That usually gets you in.

Cumbersome and clumsy website way to log in.

Also, if login with booking number, name, dob doesn’t work, try your DW info.

Also, you try your back button with that response to log in.  Someone suggested, didn’t work for me.

41 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You can click cancel and it will open a new screen to log in or move down to login using booking number.  That usually gets you in.

Mahalo, cancelling and relogging in worked. You're right a clumsy way to get in, but what makes sense in Princess ITT anyway.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Yehootu said:

Mahalo, cancelling and relogging in worked. You're right a clumsy way to get in, but what makes sense in Princess ITT anyway.

The answer is in your question.

You mention you have several cruises booked and all on the App. So, when you log in to the Medallion App, unless you specify which cruise booking you wish to access, how otherwise could it know which cruise you want to work on? Your booking number links you to a specific sailing. Don't see it as clumsy, just specifying between multiple bookings.

Posted (edited)

Whenever I try to use the web version I use the "login" feature rather than the booking number. Of course it always bombs out and sends me back to the booking number page again. I simply repeat my attempt to log in normally and it goes right through on the second try. No idea why it's like that but it has been that way for me from the beginning. I never fiddle around using the booking number.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

Fellow teachers would come to me and ask for help with their computers.  Disclaimer:  I am NOT a techie, more of a random hit and miss technique.  (BTW...I was a science teacher, but when it came to computers, the Scientific Method went out the window).  

This has worked so well for Princess.  I keep doing things until I get it right.  Ran across this issue more on my upcoming cruise.  Hit and miss worked so well.

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Whenever I try to use the web version I use the "login" feature rather than the booking number. Of course it always bombs out and sends me back to the booking number page again. I simply repeat my attempt to log in normally and it goes right through on the second try. No idea why it's like that but it has been that way for me from the beginning. I never fiddle around using the booking number.

Same for me...I *always* use my login credentials instead of booking #.  I don't know why it works for me and so many people have issues.  I'm sure it has *something* to do with the initial data transfer from the website database to the first app...it has worked ever since.

3 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

The answer is in your question.

You mention you have several cruises booked and all on the App. So, when you log in to the Medallion App, unless you specify which cruise booking you wish to access, how otherwise could it know which cruise you want to work on? Your booking number links you to a specific sailing. Don't see it as clumsy, just specifying between multiple bookings.

Nope, when trying to log into seperate bookings. All the same. Everyone will have all their bookings show up on the app.My question dealt with the Web Version accessed from the web personalizer. Maybe reread the question.. Clumsy is a nice way to put it.

Princess should have left well enough alone and allow the Personalizer to do "all the leg work".  But no....they had to develop a web version of the app to use on a computer.  IF and WHEN you can get in, it works okay.  

Try my click, cancel, sign in to pop up....should work.  (I know, over simplified).  But if you cancel enough times, it does (should) eventually allow you sign onto the web version.

18 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

Nope, when trying to log into seperate bookings. All the same. Everyone will have all their bookings show up on the app.My question dealt with the Web Version accessed from the web personalizer. Maybe reread the question.. Clumsy is a nice way to put it.

We're not among those who have more than one cruise coming up at any given moment.  Good for you if you are able to do that! Yes, that would seem clunky. 

11 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Try my click, cancel, sign in to pop up....should work.  (I know, over simplified).  But if you cancel enough times, it does (should) eventually allow you sign onto the web version.

Might be local boy, but I listened to first reply and figured it out. Mahalo!

2 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

We're not among those who have more than one cruise coming up at any given moment.  Good for you if you are able to do that! Yes, that would seem clunky. 

Retirement is great. I made plans for my Mom up to her passing at 94.She said for years, " You think I'll make it to that one?" Always good to have something in the future to look forward to. Hope someday you'll be at that point.

Aloha

14 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

There are some on Cruise Critic who are very reliable posters.  Glad you could work your way in.

You *might* say that "Some of us just don't have anything better to do!" 😀

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

You *might* say that "Some of us just don't have anything better to do!" 😀

Absolutely one of the requirements to be a frequent poster on Cruise Critic.  I'm in front of my laptop frequently.  

16 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Same for me...I *always* use my login credentials instead of booking #.  I don't know why it works for me and so many people have issues.  I'm sure it has *something* to do with the initial data transfer from the website database to the first app...it has worked ever since.

I have always used my log in not booking, never an issue until now. Log in worked fine until two weeks ago now I need to use our booking number and log in to each cruise separately. Resetting doesn't work, I try to have it reset through my email and the site tells me email is invalid 😂 but they manage to send me plenty of emails to upgrade. Very frustrating, maybe I will call maybe not.