Elite Mini Bar Australian Princess

So all the laundry talk got me invested into looking at the Elite perks on Princess and I am now especially curious on the mini bar.

I did find posts on the other boards but all the photos are UK based cruises.

I am wondering does anyone have photos of what they include in the Australian Princess departures like on Coral Princess?

For instance, do they include Aussie beers?

41 minutes ago, Mycruiseobsession said:

So all the laundry talk got me invested into looking at the Elite perks on Princess and I am now especially curious on the mini bar.

I am wondering does anyone have photos of what they include in the Australian Princess departures like on Coral Princess?

There are posts on this board, but you might need to dig. Typically, the mini bar is made up of mini spirit bottles, soft drinks/mixers and some beers. We have had mosty generic Euro beers, but have some various US beers and VB. If you want to change out any items you ring room service and they will try to accommodate your preferences. That would include cans of whatever beers are available on the ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Were there only six bottles of spirits? I have always received 12, plus the items you show in the fridge.

That's the way I  found it and then had room service add the missing ones and swap what I didn't want. 

• Like 1

Just now, boeckli said:

That's the way I  found it and then had room service add the missing ones and swap what I didn't want. 

When I cruise with my husband he insisted on keep the mini bar as it is, but when I went on the World Cruise on my own, I was able to customize the selection. 🙂 The alcohol swapped to gin and the soft drinks swapped to tonic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

In the past I've seen Fat Yak.

His lordship discovered that beer on P&O in 2016. Frankly I think it sounds like an overweight cruisling running off the mouth! 🤣 Apparently it tastes all right. Beer's not my thing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, a nice perk which has become somewhat unnecessary due to getting the plus package.

Definitely agree. On Royal Princess in April, we were entitled to two as we were in a Suite.We didn’t use one, and left behind in Suite. On our next B2B cruises we are going standard fare as we will have mini bar plus sizeable OBC. Pay as we go!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, boeckli said:

From Majestic Princess December 2023

RX043963.thumb.jpg.f6776b6e96408b13de8283ac8cdf124e.jpg

RX043964.thumb.jpg.0f2b58ffa9988561539e56d04b899a48.jpg

RX043965.thumb.jpg.ae88cb09d6412d7476c04696de2ea905.jpg

Thank you for these! 

And wow I can't  believe  they even let you swap items for other preferences! 

That's definitely a nice perk!

I don't know if we will always get the plus package as I find I waste it. So this would be good for me, hubby not so much 😝

Just now, Mycruiseobsession said:

VB.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

Were there only six bottles of spirits? I have always received 12, plus the items you show in the fridge.

We've been getting 8 spirits plus 10 other drinks, most of which we don't like. We swap them all for bottled water which saves us having to order it through the app or pick it up at one of the bars. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

When I cruise with my husband he insisted on keep the mini bar as it is, but when I went on the World Cruise on my own, I was able to customize the selection. 🙂 The alcohol swapped to gin and the soft drinks swapped to tonic.

There are so many things I can say here but I don't know your husband and besides, from you other posts over time he seems like a good bloke.  What I did really want to do is commend you on your courage (not sure that's the right word but it's 6:31am and I have a head cold so my brain is a tad foggy) and fortitude to do a world cruise on your own.  There are times when I think that I would love to do that but then I think, who'd kiss my forehead and wish me sweet dreams each night. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

but then I think, who'd kiss my forehead and wish me sweet dreams each night. 

You are right, the room stewards rarely do a turn down service now.

• Haha 6

47 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

There are so many things I can say here but I don't know your husband and besides, from you other posts over time he seems like a good bloke.  What I did really want to do is commend you on your courage (not sure that's the right word but it's 6:31am and I have a head cold so my brain is a tad foggy) and fortitude to do a world cruise on your own.  There are times when I think that I would love to do that but then I think, who'd kiss my forehead and wish me sweet dreams each night. 

Don't think I would consider cruising without His Lordship. Afterall, who would do the coffee run every morning? 😮

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bubbeh said:

Yes - my husband is a good bloke. 🙂 Unfortunately mainly through self-imposed inactivity over several years, he now has limited mobility. For the last few years when we have been on cruises, he hasn't got off the ship at all so it was pointless for him to go on a world cruise. Even though I paid nearly double, he said he would rather stay at home. I didn't try to talk him into going. With his mindset, if he went, he would have been 'Mr Grumpy'. He has now decided he doesn't want to cruise any more (although we have booked a couple of 7-day cruises). I don't push for these cruises. It has to be his decision.

I loved the solo world cruise. My choice was to go on my own or don't go. In 2017 I went on a 21-night Antarctic cruise and coped OK.

On the world cruise I got to know so many people that I didn't really miss my other half. One advantage was having the bathroom to myself.🙂 

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 4

RE: Yes, a nice perk which has become somewhat unnecessary due to getting the plus package.

The plus package does not work for us so we are happy to have the mini bar setup which we swap for what we like.

• Like 2

If must be known, since Plus came around our stash of mini spirit bottles is growing. They are small enough not be an issue to carry off the ship, and we will consume them whenever. Between water, soft drinks, and beers - whatever is left is pretty much consumed on the train on the way home.

The photos are representative, and doubled in a suite. We have been getting 8 x mini spirit bottles. If you get an early cruise in the season from a recently relocated ship, we scored Alaskan Brewery beers on Majestic last October.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

If must be known, since Plus came around our stash of mini spirit bottles is growing. They are small enough not be an issue to carry off the ship, and we will consume them whenever. Between water, soft drinks, and beers - whatever is left is pretty much consumed on the train on the way home.

The photos are representative, and doubled in a suite. We have been getting 8 x mini spirit bottles. If you get an early cruise in the season from a recently relocated ship, we scored Alaskan Brewery beers on Majestic last October.

We do similar with the minibar, without the drinking them on the way home, of course.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

We do similar with the minibar, without the drinking them on the way home, of course.

The spirits make it home, and sometimes the beers. The softies and water are refreshing on our 3hr jaunt home.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

loved the solo world cruise. My choice was to go on my own or don't go. In 2017 I went on a 21-night Antarctic cruise and coped OK.

On the world cruise I got to know so many people that I didn't really miss my other half. One advantage was having the bathroom to myself.🙂 

I've found that when I travel solo I make more of an effort to be more sociable and talk with others, in some ways it's easier than as a couple. I also always make a point of talking to people who are on their own, whether I have company or not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jean C said:

I've found that when I travel solo I make more of an effort to be more sociable and talk with others, in some ways it's easier than as a couple. I also always make a point of talking to people who are on their own, whether I have company or not.

On my solo world cruise, I had meals at share tables in the dining room. I encountered the same people time after time and we became quite friendly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jean C said:

I also always make a point of talking to people who are on their own, whether I have company or not.

Hope we travel on the same cruise one day cause I usually travel solo but am a bit of a shrinking violet and rarely make the first move.  Am happy to join a group/other solo when invited.

20 hours ago, Ondine said:

Hope we travel on the same cruise one day cause I usually travel solo but am a bit of a shrinking violet and rarely make the first move.  Am happy to join a group/other solo when invited.

That would be lovely 😊I'm by no means outgoing by nature but make a real effort when travelling or when I spot someone equally reserved 🙂

• Like 2