Bringing wine on board

LimeyUK

Generally, the wine that they give you is not exchangeable for anything on the regular wine list. That’s because they cannot resell it in the dining room or the other bars. It’s only used for the giveaway.

Precisely why we always ask to have it removed from our cabin along with the contents of the mini bar when meet our steward. It is of little value to us. Too old to drink cheap bubbly or wine for that matter 

cheers

18 minutes ago, Kamfish642 said:

If you purchase a bottle (s) of wine on a Celebrity excursion during the cruise, will the bottle(s) be confiscated upon boarding until last night of the cruise?

Just turn them in at security.  Yes, last night of the cruise, just as if you'd purchased from onboard "duty free".

1 hour ago, Kamfish642 said:

If you purchase a bottle (s) of wine on a Celebrity excursion during the cruise, will the bottle(s) be confiscated upon boarding until last night of the cruise?

In most cases yes but sometimes they miss it. I bought 2 bottles of Baileys in Costa Rica and security didn't say a word. In hindsight should have purchased from ship duty free as price was the same. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kamfish642 said:

I have never had a bottle of wine confiscated.  YMMV.  You can always try it and the worst that can happen is they will give it back on the last night.

Or sail Princess.  You can bring it on board.

Wine and booze is different.  They are more likely to confiscate booze.

Edited by NMTraveller

We did wander aboard with an unusual bottle of Pimiento (an Allspice concoction) one time in the Caribbean.  This version was, unusually, creamy and green, and I guess security thought it looked more like some kind of avocado skin lotion than it did a liqueur.  Told us just to take it with us.

• Haha 2

On 7/21/2024 at 4:58 PM, Kamfish642 said:

I’ve carried wine onboard at port stops on many occasions. It’s never been taken off me. Just waved through by security. 

34 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

I have had it taken from me.  If you have a drink package it is to their advantage to let you keep it as it saves them money when you drink your own. 

How would they know if you have a package?

They don’t always have a table set up where you would drop your wine after coming on board from a shore excursion, but sometimes they do. They are more likely to have one on a typical “ spring break “ Type cruise. Less likely in Europe when they have had shore excursions to wineries.  In any case, if you are asked to drop your wine off, they would see on your Seapass card if you have a package or not.

11 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

They don’t always have a table set up where you would drop your wine after coming on board from a shore excursion, but sometimes they do. They are more likely to have one on a typical “ spring break “ Type cruise. Less likely in Europe when they have had shore excursions to wineries.  In any case, if you are asked to drop your wine off, they would see on your Seapass card if you have a package or not.

Oh so obviously when you go through scanner they don't see card but if told to drop off alcohol at the table they would see it. I remember in Costa Rica I bought 2 one litter bottles of Baileys and wasn't stopped but should have left it with them as I had to drop off in cabin then go martini bar so sometimes it can be inconvenient.

5 hours ago, gold1953 said:

I have had it taken from me.  If you have a drink package it is to their advantage to let you keep it as it saves them money when you drink your own. 

no idea but to their advantage

On 7/21/2024 at 2:45 PM, NMTraveller said:

Wine and booze is different.  They are more likely to confiscate booze.

I like folks that know the difference in the two…beer is another category..

You want some beer, some wine or some booze?  My neighbor says that all the time..

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

You want some beer, some wine or some booze?  My neighbor says that all the time..

Sounds like a great neighbor.  😁

If you are on a B2B can you bring on 4 bottles and perhaps 2 would be confiscated at boarding and then retrieved at the beginning of the next voyage? Also we walked right onboard with a bottle of Irish Whiskey purchased in St. Kitts no problem.