Princess/Carnival loyalty merger

mark316

11 minutes ago, mark316 said:

Does anyone have any idea when Carnival and Princess will combine loyalty like Royal and Celebrity have acknowledged?

Haven’t even heard a rumor of this. I would expect a Princess / Hal combine would be more likely since they have a lot more in common 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mark316 said:

Does anyone have any idea when Carnival and Princess will combine loyalty like Royal and Celebrity have acknowledged?

Royal and Celebrity’s loyalty programs are not merged or combined. They are still separate programs with different loyalty benefits. The two programs have had reciprocity for years so a Diamond on Royal was at Elite level on Celebrity but not all levels had the equivalent reciprocity. The recent changes gave all the levels equivalent reciprocity and added Silversea but the benefits are of each level are still different. The programs are not combined. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I don’t expect that to happen although it would be nice. It could take me over the top for Carnival. Since the grandkids are older we haven’t done much Carnival. They voted for Princess last time (Alaska)

I’m sorry but I think I posted incorrectly. My intention was if you had 20 sailing days on carnival and 14 on princess, the next time you sailed on either line, they would acknowledge both. 34 days sailed no matter which line you sailed on.

2 hours ago, mark316 said:

19 minutes ago, mark316 said:

I’m sorry but I think I posted incorrectly. My intention was if you had 20 sailing days on carnival and 14 on princess, the next time you sailed on either line, they would acknowledge both. 34 days sailed no matter which line you sailed on.

I think you misunderstood the reciprocity that's currently being offered between RCCL and X loyalty programs.  There is status matching, but you earn points with loyalty program of the cruise line sailed only.  The loyalty programs are still separate entities and the points earned do not comingle in a combined loyalty program.  The loyal programs were never combined.

Screenshot 2024-07-19 191404.jpg

• Thanks 1

On a different note, I think this is a win for RCCL and X.  It gives incentive for passengers to cruise the other brand.  It's especially favorable for cruisers who move from RCCL to X because X cruises cost more which is more revenue.

I do see it being a problem for CCL because Princess also counts cruise segments.  Other brands under the CCL umbrella do not.  We all know some people plot ways to move up with Captain's Circle.  It was pretty evident in the thread about the loyalty acceleration thread.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mark316 said:

It won't happen.

1 hour ago, mark316 said:

never

Even if they did, most people that sail on Carnival probably think that Princess is much to tranquil for their taste. 😄 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, 555 said:

Even if they did, most people that sail on Carnival probably think that Princess is much to tranquil for their taste. 😄 

Maybe some, but Carnival is not as loony as it reputation makes it out to be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

I think it is coming sooner than later. No direct knowledge just speculation based on the recently announced P&O ship transfers and the prior Costa transfers. 

That's a good point.  Have they announced what they're going to do with P&O Australia passengers who continue to cruise?  IIRC, they have status on Princess, but obviously the old P&O ships aren't going to them.  Will they keep status with Princess under those circumstances?  Would they be given dual status with Princess and Carnival?  Or will they be totally transferred to Carnival?  I think it's worth keeping an eye on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mark316 said:

I don't think this is happening. If it is even being talked about you would have to be a true insider to have any idea of the ideas that may be discussed. If it happens it happens. If it doesn't it doesn't. Don't plan your cruises based on loyalty levels. 

10 hours ago, mark316 said:

And no cruise line does this. 

I hope everyone realizes that the entire purpose of "loyalty programs", regardless of the entity setting one up, is to get your data and then use that data for some purpose.  That purpose is usually so they can sell you more of something and also so they can sell that data to various data brokers.  The purpose isn't to "reward" frequent users of the product, although that's the lure used to get you to sign up.  

It would be interesting to know if cruiser data is shared between lines at the CCL level.  I'd think it probably isn't, which is why CCL management would much rather have separate programs for Carnival, Princess, HAL, and Cunard so they get four streams of cruiser data rather than only one.  They can slice and dice that data by all sorts of demographics and individually target come-ons to get just the mix of passengers they want.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

It would be interesting to know if cruiser data is shared between lines at the CCL level.  I'd think it probably isn't, which is why CCL management would much rather have separate programs for Carnival, Princess, HAL, and Cunard so they get four streams of cruiser data rather than only one.  They can slice and dice that data by all sorts of demographics and individually target come-ons to get just the mix of passengers they want.

Yes it definitely is getting shared between sister lines. I have received promos from Cunard with my Captain Circle number and referencing that I am a Princess cruiser and this promo is targeted towards me.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/legal/legal-privacy 

Edited by Coral
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, mark316 said:

THAT will absolutely not happen

If you've sailed on any of the other Carnival lines, Holland gives you one star when you book your first cruise in HAL rather than earning it after your first completed cruise on with them. That at least gets you a drink coupon, potential for extra OBC and the ceramic tile. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SeaFairy707 said:

If you've sailed on any of the other Carnival lines, Holland gives you one star when you book your first cruise in HAL rather than earning it after your first completed cruise on with them. That at least gets you a drink coupon, potential for extra OBC and the ceramic tile. 

I did not get that when I sailed on HAL. I know others haven't also. I think it is inconsistent.

• Thanks 1