Celebrity Suite Guarantee

Jeal

We usually book a Concierge cabin but we are considering booking a Guarantee Suite on the Equinox. We need some guidance on what is the lowest suite category we could get with a guarantee booking and which perks would be included and what wouldn’t be included in the lowest suits level. 
Thank you for any insight you can provide to us. 

Posted (edited)

Lowest would be a sky suite.  You’d get the larger room, a butler, access to the Retreat and Luminae.  The perks (liquor package, Internet) come with you from your original booking 

Edited by dcbiker97
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dcbiker97 said:

... The perks (liquor package, Internet) come with you from your original booking 

This looks to be a new booking, not a move-up.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

It is a new booking. I wanted to make sure I knew what I was booking and was

prepared for getting the lowest cabin in the category. 
Are drinks and internet included in all the suite cabins? 

Edited by Jeal

We did this recently on the Reflection and were assigned an Aqua Sky Suite. We met a couple who also did the suite guarantee on the same cruise and scored a Celebrity Suite!! I would do it again.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, buzz031 said:

We did this recently on the Reflection and were assigned an Aqua Sky Suite. We met a couple who also did the suite guarantee on the same cruise and scored a Celebrity Suite!! I would do it again.

Those worked out well.  That is often not the case and on S class there are Sky Suites under the buffet, pool and gym.  Some of those of ok but some are subject to noise from rolling carts in the buffet, deck chairs being moved, and thumping from treadmills.

The one S class suite guarantee we booked we ended up under a section of the buffet where the carts started rolling around 3 a.m.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you for all the input. jeylane- thank you for the warning about the noise. Luckily that isn’t an issue for us - my husband hears nothing without hearing aids and I’m not bothered by noise at night. 
Good news buzz031. Thanks. 

Edited by Jeal

About 90% you will get a SS 2 and possibly an Accessible.    Much of the Guarantees are filled using upgrades to upper Suites are filled with Upgrades.   I have however been assigned a SS2 and later bid for an Upper Suite and won. 

Expect the worst cabin in the class and be happy with anything above that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

Those worked out well.  That is often not the case and on S class there are Sky Suites under the buffet, pool and gym.  Some of those of ok but some are subject to noise from rolling carts in the buffet, deck chairs being moved, and thumping from treadmills.

The one S class suite guarantee we booked we ended up under a section of the buffet where the carts started rolling around 3 a.m.

Just did a suite guarantee on the Eclipse. Got assigned a sky suite under the buffet. Been there before, never again. Bid on every category I could to get out from under there. Ended up costing me more to upgrade via bidding than it would have if I’d have picked my sky suite starting out. Live and learn 😊. If noise is not an issue then go for it.  

3 hours ago, Jeal said:

Yes, you will get premium beverage package and internet with a guaranteed suite booking.

3 hours ago, Jeal said:

We usually book a Concierge cabin but we are considering booking a Guarantee Suite on the Equinox. We need some guidance on what is the lowest suite category we could get with a guarantee booking and which perks would be included and what wouldn’t be included in the lowest suits level. 
Thank you for any insight you can provide to us. 

The last suites to book and the most likely one you will receive would be an accessible sky suite.  These come with all the same Retreat benefits as a regular sky suite and the biggest difference is in the accessible features, the most notable of which is that it features a shower without a tub and the shower bottom is open to the whole floor of the bathroom.  Many people who do not need the accessible shower obtain extra towels to build a 'water damn' around the bottom of the curtain to prevent water from going all over the bathroom floor. 

The basic rule when signing up for a guarantee is you need to be willing to accept the worse room in that category. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

The last suites to book and the most likely one you will receive would be an accessible sky suite.  These come with all the same Retreat benefits as a regular sky suite and the biggest difference is in the accessible features, the most notable of which is that it features a shower without a tub and the shower bottom is open to the whole floor of the bathroom.  Many people who do not need the accessible shower obtain extra towels to build a 'water damn' around the bottom of the curtain to prevent water from going all over the bathroom floor. 

The basic rule when signing up for a guarantee is you need to be willing to accept the worse room in that category. 

Water damn, lol. That was the bathroom in the former SS, now AQ suite on the back corner of the Connie last year (aka the Parrot Suite due to the 6 large immovable ceramic parrots surrounding the desk.) The massive bathroom has* a tub, and the shower with a 5-inch-high lip is in a separate corner, but water runs from under the shower door straight across the entire room, in front of the sinks, to the drain on the other side. Which is right next to the sole electrical outlet. Stand onna wet towel while blow drying my hair? Nah, just let it air dry and live to bathe another day!

*Recent cruisers say it's not been updated from its dark wood/green marble decor, nor has the leak been fixed. The tub was always full of our sopping wet floor towels...

Edited by sofietucker

We did not have that issue in our Aqua Sky Suite on Millennium.  We were in the one adjacent to the Penthouse suite on deck six.  I assume during Revolutionizing her, this was one of the things they fixed.

IMG_1122.jpeg.d21c1895bff9ac5a732257a59ea802ba.jpeg

• Like 2

Yep, same room, same deck, diff. ship. I see they kindly put outlets in a logical place. (But the wall tiles layout, aaiiee my eyes) Will be back on her in the fall, midship SS--the accessible one as it was the last one left... You know those "last ones" are last for a reason, so I guess we'll find out, lol. I do plan to run down and see if the parrots are still there; a former guest had given them names. The April reno list published on this site didn't seem to indicate that it would be redone.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, dcbiker97 said:

Lowest would be a sky suite.  You’d get the larger room, a butler, access to the Retreat and Luminae.  The perks (liquor package, Internet) come with you from your original booking 

Since booking a guarantee is not a move up, they would get the premium drink package and wifi just like all suites.

9 hours ago, Jeal said:

YES

We put a deposit down on a February cruise on the Equinox for a suite guarantee. I was told a sky suite at minimum. I was surprised when I logged into my Celebrity app last week that I already had a room assigned. We were assigned an aqua suite. I really was expecting to not know until at least final payments were made and move up offers etc. we’re sorted through.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brennanavery said:

We put a deposit down on a February cruise on the Equinox for a suite guarantee. I was told a sky suite at minimum. I was surprised when I logged into my Celebrity app last week that I already had a room assigned. We were assigned an aqua suite. I really was expecting to not know until at least final payments were made and move up offers etc. we’re sorted through.

You should be under the carpeted area of the OVC. Great suite location.

• Like 2

Thank you for all the information. We went ahead and booked the Suite guarantee. We are okay with whatever cabin we get assigned. As I get older I find myself much more willing to just go with the flow. Life has recently thrown our family a curveball and, believe me, that changed my outlook about what to get stressed about and what to let go. Which cabin we get is very low on the list on what’s important. I’m going to enjoy every aspect of The Retreat and, especially, the desserts in Luminae. 

• Like 5

Building on this...what are the preferable Sky Suites in Equinox to minimize OVC noise?  We were also thinking of booking a Guarantee but paying an additional $200 to pick our suite and avoid OVC noise seems like a bargain.  First time cruising Celebrity and I appreciate the help!

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Building on this...what are the preferable Sky Suites in Equinox to minimize OVC noise?  We were also thinking of booking a Guarantee but paying an additional $200 to pick our suite and avoid OVC noise seems like a bargain.  First time cruising Celebrity and I appreciate the help!

We had a corner aft on Eclipse deck 11 and loved it. If I were going to choose a sky suite in that class, it would be a corner aft. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2024 at 5:05 PM, bobmacliberty said:

Deck 12 the Aqua Sky Suites would be my 1st choice (2114-2123) they are under the carpeted area. Then deck 11 aft corner suites. Many of the aft Sunset Sky Suites are nice.

Might want to avoid deck 12, because of the outdoor Oceanview bar above. Less issues if cold weather cruise. Also avoid Sunset Sky Suite with the window washer parked on the side of the deck. Though I dont think the washer is a big deal. Also some corner suites have smaller balconies. On deck 12, I think Starboard side is quieter. We had 2133 once it was very noisy.

See post #17