How likely is it to be denied boarding?

My wife has had a cough for several weeks but doesn’t feel ill or have any other symptoms. We believe it could be from allergies or asthma, but don’t know for sure yet. She has been to the doctor a couple times and not been diagnosed with bronchitis or anything else.

How can we make sure she isn’t denied boarding? Would a note from a doctor help?

I cruised with someone who was very honest on the COVID questionaire in place at that time and disclosed that he had a cough. He had to go through a brief extra screening with medical personnel prior to boarding. They cleared him without delay. That was in 2021 when they still kind of cared about it.

Ever since I had covid in 2020 I've had a cough. Nothing to it. I just cough a lot more than I used to. Not feeling bad, nothing comes up. Just cough. I call it my covid cough and just live with it. I can also smell a certain green leafy substance better than ever. Could hardly smell it before. . This works well for me since I am in law enforcement. Ha..

• Like 1

I have allergies and in the summer they’re worse, causing a tickle in my throat. I also sneeze occasionally due to the allergies. But I never worry about being denied boarding. You’ll be fine.

If anybody asks about your cough, tell them "I'm determined to quit smoking, and a cruise is the best way I can think of."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1