New to Celbrity

You will be Elite + .  There is no beverage package for Elite + or drink coupons.  There is a daily Happy Hour from 5-7 at most bars.  Drinks are from a limited menu.  You will also have 240 free internet minutes, free premium coffees, 2 bags of wash and fold laundry plus some other discounts and perks.  I suggest you go to the Celebrity website look up the Captains Club benefits.  At the end there is a link that will show you all the benefits for each tier.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jelayne said:

You will be Elite + .  There is no beverage package for Elite + or drink coupons.  There is a daily Happy Hour from 5-7 at most bars.  Drinks are from a limited menu.  You will also have 240 free internet minutes, free premium coffees, 2 bags of wash and fold laundry plus some other discounts and perks.  I suggest you go to the Celebrity website look up the Captains Club benefits.  At the end there is a link that will show you all the benefits for each tier.

not just premium coffees (hot and iced) but premium teas and hot chocolate - basically anything in the Al Bacio that doesn't include alcohol. A limited number choice of coffees is also available from any bar that has an espresso machine and from Al Bacio 2 in the right hand entrance to the buffet of some ships. Also in the MDR. During the Happy Hour you can also pick up water and sodas in opened bottles/cans. The actually brands vary from bar to bar.

10 hours ago, george35 said:

We D+ on rcl & are going to take our 1st with celebraty, what status will we receive and what drink pkg. We are sailing in Dec.

george35

I like and cruise on Celebrity often, but the perks as a D+ on RCI far exceed the benefits you get as an Elite + on Celebrity. 

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I like and cruise on Celebrity often, but the perks as a D+ on RCI far exceed the benefits you get as an Elite + on Celebrity. 

Many would disagree but since the OP will be on Celebrity there will be an opportunity to see the differences.  

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I don’t care for this benefit sharing myself..

Fair enough and not at all challenging your position, but it is not a new thing as it has been in place for a number of years.  Only recently, as you are aware, it has been reconfigured to just equalize the reciprocity.  And it is not just RCCL getting Celebrity benefits, it works visa versa as well. 

I guess it just is what it is.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

3 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Fair enough and not at all challenging your position, but it is not a new thing as it has been in place for a number of years.  Only recently, as you are aware, it has been reconfigured to just equalize the reciprocity.  And it is not just RCCL getting Celebrity benefits, it works visa versa as well. 

I guess it just is what it is.

Other lines are doing it as well.  VV is matching my Celebrity status.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Liao said:

Other lines are doing it as well.  VV is matching my Celebrity status.  

Yes. There has been discussion within the industry with other possibilities.  The question is if it is one time offer to attract new business or if it will be sustained over time.  MSC has been in that mix as well.

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Many would disagree but since the OP will be on Celebrity there will be an opportunity to see the differences.  

Probably more accurate to say the D+ perks I use most cruises on RCI (5 drinks, 2 free days WiFi, BOGO speciality restaurant) far exceed comparable Elite+ perks on Celebrity.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Probably more accurate to say the D+ perks I use most cruises on RCI (5 drinks, 2 free days WiFi, BOGO speciality restaurant) far exceed comparable Elite+ perks on Celebrity.

I know this has been a heated debate and certainly not trying to stir that pot, but having cruised extensively on both lines, and now with the equal tier reciprocity, IMO (and I stress that) I agree that the RCI benefits through Diamond+ are the better ones.  Zenith changes that and IMO is better than Pinnacle.  And FWIW, we are by actual cruise points D+ with RCCL, and Elite with Celebrity, with 50+ cruises combined on both.

9 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I know this has been a heated debate and certainly not trying to stir that pot, but having cruised extensively on both lines, and now with the equal tier reciprocity, IMO (and I stress that) I agree that the RCI benefits through Diamond+ are the better ones.  Zenith changes that and IMO is better than Pinnacle.  And FWIW, we are by actual cruise points D+ with RCCL, and Elite with Celebrity, with 50+ cruises combined on both.

I agree that the benefits change at the Zenith level. My best chance of reaching Zenith is by reaching Pinnacle on RCI, but that is still aways a way, although I am well over half way there. Since I like and cruise on both lines frequently, it is going to be awhile until/if I reach Pinnacle. I would rather enjoy both cruise lines than focus on only one of them to chase a higher status quicker. 

10 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I would rather enjoy both cruise lines than focus on only one of them to chase a higher status quicker. 

Agreed…a bag of laundry isn’t much of a sway to me..

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I agree that the benefits change at the Zenith level. My best chance of reaching Zenith is by reaching Pinnacle on RCI, but that is still aways a way, although I am well over half way there. Since I like and cruise on both lines frequently, it is going to be awhile until/if I reach Pinnacle. I would rather enjoy both cruise lines than focus on only one of them to chase a higher status quicker. 

We are in the very same boat as you (really, no pun intended) and agree completely.  There are also other lines to cruise with as well.

On 7/25/2024 at 5:33 AM, jelayne said:

G'day!,

We were looking at the E+ benefits and wondering if the "one complimentary scoop of Gelato" was per day or per cruise, and if the complimentary cappuccino, latte etc, was limited at all? What is the difference between a specialty coffee and a cappuccino/latte? 

I must say we do prefer RCL happy hour where you can have 5 drinks throughout the day and are not limited to 5-7pm - especially when we like to eat early.

Thanks

15 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

It depends on 2 things: length of cruise and drinking habits:

Length of cruise: we never cruise less than 10 days. Royals wifi offer is 2 days  (share and its 4) leaving you nothing for the rest of the cruise. X's 240 minutes (share and it's 480) can easily be spread over cruises 10, 12, even 15 days. X wins for us.

Drinks: we don't drink any alcohol. With unlimited specialty coffees (hot and iced), teas and chocolate plus pickup enough unopened water /sodas during happy hour to get you through the next day plus take juices from any bar to have with dinner and this far exceeds the 5 drinks we get on Royal. X wins for us.

Embrace the differences but if you want Royals cruise Royal and v,v.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ozbrian said:

We were looking at the E+ benefits and wondering if the "one complimentary scoop of Gelato" was per day or per cruise,

One scoop for the cruise, not daily. 

and if the complimentary cappuccino, latte etc, was limited at all? What is the difference between a specialty coffee and a cappuccino/latte? 

There is no limit to the number of complementary cappuccino's, latte's, etc.  Alcohol is the difference.  Elite+ free drinks do not include alcohol.   If you order one of the beverages, say an Aspen, you will pay full price unless you have the premium beverage package. 

I must say we do prefer RCL happy hour where you can have 5 drinks throughout the day and are not limited to 5-7pm - especially when we like to eat early.

The dining room does not open until 1730 so you have half an hour to grab a drink before you go to dinner and you can also get a drink to go and take with you. 

I am one of those that are glad the two programs are different. When we sail Royal we use the 5 drinks per day (10 between the two of us) and seldom use all of them.  When we sail on Celebrity and are not in the Retreat, we normally adjust our dining time to 1830 - 1900 and I go to the closest bar or to the Sky Lounge while my DW is getting ready for dinner.  When she's ready, I grab a glass of wine for me and a glass for her and go to the dining room. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ozbrian said:

G'day!,

We were looking at the E+ benefits and wondering if the "one complimentary scoop of Gelato" was per day or per cruise, and if the complimentary cappuccino, latte etc, was limited at all? What is the difference between a specialty coffee and a cappuccino/latte? 

Thanks

quick point - alcoholic drinks aren't just between 5 and 7. The Elite Coffee House style breakfast includes: sparkling wine/champagne, bloody mary's and mimosas ? (not sure as we don't drink).

The breakfast also includes fresh fruit smoothies (we like the mixed berry and, when available banana) which have to be paid for in any other venue.

• Like 1