Advance list of cruise headliner entertainment?

dsarah

Sailing on Eclipse Aug 28, is there any way to see the schedule of entertainers/shows prior to boarding? If not, once on board, is the schedule for the entire 11 day cruise available anywhere? 

The individual performers are not announced ahead of time.  Production shows remain the same for long periods. 

if you look at the app for the Eclipse sailing just before your cruise it may have the some of the entertainers still on the ship for your cruise.  You will need to check on the day the cruise before yours departs.

Posted (edited)

Usually You won’t see the headliners for your cruise until boarding day.  You can check a few days in advance of your trip to see if they are listed yet

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1

At opening night, the Cruise Director will often talk about the  performers that will appear that week.  As mentioned, the shows will remain the same.

3 hours ago, dsarah said:

Thank you all for your comments.  We'll probably just wait till we are on board to find out.

As the names usually mean nothing to us (only exceptions are Jane Curry, Olli Nez, and  Matt McGurk) we just go to every show. Nor do ever bother to look at MDR menus we like the surprise every night. 

Matt - fantastic Magician - often does a deal to stay on for several cruises so he can bring his big illusions. Also does smaller "work shops" on sea days.

Ollie - saxophonist.

Jane - for our money simply the best all round guest Entertainer at sea. She sings, is funny, joins in lots of things including liars club, silent disco, etc. 

13 hours ago, dsarah said:

Sailing on Eclipse Aug 28, is there any way to see the schedule of entertainers/shows prior to boarding? If not, once on board, is the schedule for the entire 11 day cruise available anywhere? 

IIRC, the entertainment schedule will be available on the app for ordinary cruises once you're onboard, but not before.

I wish Celebrity did a better job of notifying us about the entertainment prior to the cruise like other cruise lines and my music charter cruises.  The latter release separate schedules a week to a month prior to the cruise, which I find especially helpful.

At one time published the names and subjects of guest speakers. The ended this many years ago citing the privacy issue. Check your roll call since some of the speakers and entertainers post. If you are interested in a particular entertainer you can always check their web site.

As a matter of fact, we did have a name of a comedian, Fred Klett. My husband saw him on YouTube videos, and found out he was going to be on our cruise!  Checked his website and he will be on the ship for the first week but no indication of day/time of his performance(s). Just emailed him and asked if he had the dates, otherwise we'll wait till boarding and check the app.

1 hour ago, Orator said:

At one time published the names and subjects of guest speakers. The ended this many years ago citing the privacy issue.

Geez.  That makes about as much sense as a land based venue keeping their concert or speakers schedule a secret.  Lame excuse.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Geez.  That makes about as much sense as a land based venue keeping their concert or speakers schedule a secret.  Lame excuse.

That was my thought too.... entertainers spend a crazy amount of money telling people exactly where they will be at what day and what time! haha. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Orator said:

At one time published the names and subjects of guest speakers. The ended this many years ago citing the privacy issue. Check your roll call since some of the speakers and entertainers post. If you are interested in a particular entertainer you can always check their web site.

They did it when they had a contract with Smithsonian for guest speakers. When the contract expired, they stopped printing the schedule.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Travel-and-See said:

That was my thought too.... entertainers spend a crazy amount of money telling people exactly where they will be at what day and what time! haha. 

Entertainers made crave publicity, but the guest speakers generally don’t

23 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Entertainers made crave publicity, but the guest speakers generally don’t

Perhaps, but imagine buying tickets to a concert venue, but the venue not telling you who will be playing until after you've arrived for fear of privacy concerns for band members.  Umm... no.

One can extend the privacy argument in all kinds of directions re public performances to demonstrate how little sense it makes. 

I think I understand the issue a little better for guest speakers who rarely get involved in "away games" of this magnitude, but like the big boys, the cost of doing business requires that they need to make provisions for leaving their castle guarded while off in the hinterlands.  If they can't manage that time away, perhaps they shouldn't be spending it that way.

And as someone else pointed out, most entertainers work hard to ENABLE their followers to know where they'll be performing and when to get those future ticket sales rolling!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

Usually the guest entertainers are not announced until the day of sailing, and in fact for longer cruises may not even be announced until mid-cruise.  

I find the concept of waiting until mid-cruise to announce an entertainer very strange.  I've done some relatively long cruises on Carnival, and they have a lot of guest comedians.  They were all announced on the in the app and the newsletters on their proper days.  There were one or two that didn't board and had to cancel, but they were announced as soon as they knew.

9 hours ago, dsarah said:

As a matter of fact, we did have a name of a comedian, Fred Klett. My husband saw him on YouTube videos, and found out he was going to be on our cruise!  Checked his website and he will be on the ship for the first week but no indication of day/time of his performance(s). Just emailed him and asked if he had the dates, otherwise we'll wait till boarding and check the app.

If you join a current Eclipse roll call or FB group and ask, you can get a rough idea of what to expect.  I will mention that, generally, you get one comedian one night, a magician another night and all the rest are musicals (broadway style, house band concert style, guest singers, etc)

You'll probably see all three of these shows

image.thumb.png.66af4d344d584563bcd3d213c88a0d2d.png

Would knowing who the headline entertainers and the guest speakers are affect your booking in any way? Would you book in order to see a certain person or group as a headline act? Would you cancel if you found out that they weren’t going to be on your cruise?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Would knowing who the headline entertainers and the guest speakers are affect your booking in any way? Would you book in order to see a certain person or group as a headline act? Would you cancel if you found out that they weren’t going to be on your cruise?

We really enjoy "Jared Freiburg & The Vagabonds" and if we knew they were on a cruise in a time frame we were considering it would push us to booking. Doubt we'd cancel if they were canceled.

As many have said, the entertainers publish their schedule many times and back in January Jared posted their cruise schedule for all of 2024 so if someone is looking for a particular entertainer they could try searching online for the schedule and see if it corresponds to a sailing

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

We really enjoy "Jared Freiburg & The Vagabonds" and if we knew they were on a cruise in a time frame we were considering it would push us to booking. Doubt we'd cancel if they were canceled.

As many have said, the entertainers publish their schedule many times and back in January Jared posted their cruise schedule for all of 2024 so if someone is looking for a particular entertainer they could try searching online for the schedule and see if it corresponds to a sailing

Have seen him on land; he is very entertaining and talented.  We were on the Apex in June and missed him by a week.  

Not about canceling a cruise but if the guest entertainers are known and scheduled really no good reason not to make the information available with the caveat that things may change for a variety of reasons. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

For an ordinary non-music-themed cruise, I can't imagine any entertainer that would make me book a cruise that I wouldn't otherwise be interested in.  Then again, we often don't know because the cruise lines don't tell us - which is the point of this thread.

On my music themed cruises, it's a different story.  I have booked at least two because of one big headline act (though they bod have other musicians of interest).  If they were to cancel, I'd scream and cry, but probably not cancel the booking - even if I had CFAR insurance or had only paid a small/refundable deposit.

23 hours ago, dsarah said:

Fred Klett is hilarious!!! I’d love to see him on my sailing. 🥰