MAYBE MADE WRONG CHOICE?

Hello, first I have to thank you all that helped me with my "suite" questions the past few days but now wondering whether I made the right choice.  

Our October 2023 and March 2024 were 8 night cruises to the ABC islands which is our favorite.  Our upcoming September 1st sailing is a 6 night cruise sailing to ports we will just stay on the ship which is totally fine with us.  

We chose the 6 night cruise an Aqua Sky Suite.

Which would you chose?  The 6 night Aqua Sky Suite or the 8 night Aqua Class verandah cruise?  Just like to hear your suggestions, thank you.

You made the same choice I would make. However, whether I prefer a shorter cruise in a suite or a longer cruise in a lower class varies significantly based on circumstances surrounding the vacation. For example If the cruise is to a location that I have visited frequently, shorter in a suite. If it's in a location new to me, I would do longer in a veranda. 

I just put the question to my husband (Shorter in a suite or longer in a veranda) and he said, "Longer in a suite." 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

16 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello, first I have to thank you all that helped me with my "suite" questions the past few days but now wondering whether I made the right choice.  

Our October 2023 and March 2024 were 8 night cruises to the ABC islands which is our favorite.  Our upcoming September 1st sailing is a 6 night cruise sailing to ports we will just stay on the ship which is totally fine with us.  

We chose the 6 night cruise an Aqua Sky Suite.

Which would you chose?  The 6 night Aqua Sky Suite or the 8 night Aqua Class verandah cruise?  Just like to hear your suggestions, thank you.

It depends on the ship. 6 night cruise if it’s an E class ship, 8 night cruise if it’s an S class ship. We personally want a balcony so we wouldn’t do AQ on an E class.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cbfb said:

It depends on the ship. 6 night cruise if it’s an E class ship, 8 night cruise if it’s an S class ship. We personally want a balcony so we wouldn’t do AQ on an E class.

I was just going to say the same thing!  The Retreat on E Class is amazing! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cbfb said:

The Beyond. We never use the balcony, always had the balcony but it is always facing the sun in the mornings and too warm to sit outside, therefore, we love the "interior balcony".  In your opinion then I made the right decision.  🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spammie said:

I was just going to say the same thing!  The Retreat on E Class is amazing! 

Im glad you saying Retreat on the E class as we are on the Beyond.  But, I finding myself go back and fourth whether I made the right choice, the reason why I made this post, so far with three people answered the 6 night Retreat.  I feeling a bit better lol.

• Like 1

I would pick the 8 night cruise every time. But what is or isn’t important to me might be different for you. For starters, a longer cruise is always better in my book. Additionally, the cabin is not a high priority to me. I have stayed in cabin types from interiors to suites and one thing is consistent every cruise no matter what type of cabin I am in…I don’t spend too much time in my cabin. Having said that, the majority of cruises I book at least a balcony cabin. 

• Like 3

I would only sail in a cabin with a balcony in the Caribbean, so there's no way I would choose the 8 nighter on an E-class ship.

20 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

The Beyond. We never use the balcony, always had the balcony but it is always facing the sun in the mornings and too warm to sit outside, therefore, we love the "interior balcony".  In your opinion then I made the right decision.  🙂

This comment confuses me. You're booked on the 6 night cruise with a real balcony over the 8 night with the infinite veranda.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Which would you chose?

We would choose the 8 night cruise. We pick our cruises for the intinearies not the ship. We'd book a DPV cabin on the E class ships.

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Which would you chose?  The 6 night Aqua Sky Suite or the 8 night Aqua Class verandah cruise?  

I would pick whichever one was not on an E-class ship.   
 We really enjoyed our Millennium Aqua Sky Suite despite the non-functional furniture and poor storage in the room, especially the bathroom. 

15 minutes ago, doghog said:

We'd book a DPV cabin on the E class ships.

That wasn't one of the two choices given by the OP. 6 night in AS or 8 night in AQ (IV) on Beyond.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RichYak said:

That wasn't one of the two choices given by the OP. 6 night in AS or 8 night in AQ (IV) on Beyond.

Reading is hard. 

• Haha 4

We did the Retreat on Beyond once & enjoyed it. But unless we get that amazing deal again, won't again.

We love the ship & don't need Retreat. And we love the ABC islands...and 8 days is ALWAYS better than 6!

That being said, if you haven't tried Retreat on Eclass, you might enjoy the treat. 

Both are great choices.

• Like 1

I would go with Reflection.  Longer is better especially in an S class ship.  Loved the specialty restaurants on the Reflection.  Beyond would not be my choice due to creaking in rooms.   I am sensitive to noise.   

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, keesar said:

Beyond would not be my choice due to creaking in rooms.   I am sensitive to noise. 

Bingo.  We are rolling the dice in an SV next month.  Hope it is quiet.

• Like 1

If the cruises are not in Europe or outside the Caribbean, I would not be going.  However, if someone was paying for me, I would choose the six night cruise in an Aqua Sky Suite.  So far I have done Beyond three times...beautiful ship🥰 I hope you enjoy this cruise, not to mention all of them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I would pick whichever one was not on an E-class ship.   
 We really enjoyed our Millennium Aqua Sky Suite despite the non-functional furniture and poor storage in the room, especially the bathroom. 

Reading is hard! 😂 @Cruisegirl6 posted what ship before your post. Millennium has nothing to do with one of the two choices given by @Cruisegirl6. 6 night in AS or 8 night in AQ (IV) on Beyond.

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RichYak said:

Just adding our cabin preference. Doesn't change my response for 6 vs 8 nights. Itinerary always for us. @Cruisegirl6 ignore our cabin preference. 🙄

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

I more cruise based of itinerary overall.  Even tho suite is great to have I would still opt for a longer cruise in Aqua.  Think how much time you spend in room.  Room for me is storage sleep and sometimes shower, take most in gym after the Persian Gardens or Thermal Suites.  Aqua food I find outstanding, and they will make special dishes if asked, last couple cruises have been able to get Pad Thai if ordered night before.   The sun deck for Retreat in E class is great, but I tend to hang out in Solarium as my sun days are behind me now and when I do wander to pool deck never any issues.  I know for myself I need the longer cruises to fully relax overall.  That is what vacation for me is.  To get away and not think about work or other stuff going on at home.  Just choose what works for you best.  The retreat, dont get me wrong is wonderful but Aqua is great also 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, keesar said:

I would go with Reflection.  Longer is better especially in an S class ship.  Loved the specialty restaurants on the Reflection.  Beyond would not be my choice due to creaking in rooms.   I am sensitive to noise.   

Beyond Suite was okay but Luminae very dark, not a great menu..Retreat Lounge was sterile.  Outdoor area was very nice but pool is small.. abd area is crowded near bar and tables. best enjoyed on a port day!

Not quite sure of the choices presented or differences..We enjoy the Inf Ver and AQ Class with BLU. 

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RichYak said:

I would only sail in a cabin with a balcony in the Caribbean, so there's no way I would choose the 8 nighter on an E-class ship.

This comment confuses me. You're booked on the 6 night cruise with a real balcony over the 8 night with the infinite veranda.

We are booked in the Aqua Sky Suite.

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

Beyond Suite was okay but Luminae very dark, not a great menu..Retreat Lounge was sterile.  Outdoor area was very nice but pool is small.. abd area is crowded near bar and tables. best enjoyed on a port day!

Not quite sure of the choices presented or differences..We enjoy the Inf Ver and AQ Class with BLU. 

I am in the Aqua Sky Suite which allows me to dine in Blu also.

5 hours ago, RichYak said:

We chose the 6 night Aqua Sky Suite.  Our last cruises were the aqua class verandah to the 8 night ABC islands.  I thought it be nice experiencing the Retreat benefits, to give it a try and see if it is worth it for our upcoming cruises that are longer.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I am in the Aqua Sky Suite which allows me to dine in Blu also.

that's a good perk.. you may prefer BLU!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

We are booked in the Aqua Sky Suite.

I understand that. You said you feel you made the right choice because you prefer IV over traditional balcony that you never use. But your Aqua Sky Suite has a traditional balcony, thus my confusion.