Bumped from Cunard Cruise

10 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Is the email from your TA, or Cunard?  If from your TA, it sounds as if they are stalling and deflecting, and I respectfully suggest you contact Cunard, and ask to speak to someone in authority.  Reiterate a point by point synopsis of the issue, and politely but forcefully demand a favourable resolution to this terrible dilemma, which you have been placed in through absolutely no fault of your own.  In Australia, the mention of Consumer Affairs, or Ombudsman if there’s such an entity for cruising (I haven’t checked if there is an Ombudsman’s Office) usually gets prompt attention.  

No point contacting Cunard if this is a TA error, TA has to take the lead on resolving this 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Poole Boy said:

No point contacting Cunard if this is a TA error, TA has to take the lead on resolving this 

I have read of instances on CC where a consumer has hit nothing but roadblocks with their TA. The cruise line was successfully able to go to bat for them but it’s a struggle to make contact with the right person.  The OP’s TA has taken no lead, whatsoever, so it’s time to contact anyone and everyone. At this point, I would start at the top.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Poole Boy said:

Under usual circs. I'd agree with you but this has been going on too long for it to be 'usual'. If cc'ing her TA/TA company into an email to Cunard might just wake up someone up, surely that's a good thing?

• Like 3

Please personally escalate your issue above your travel agent, to your TA's supervisor. At this point, I would not accept their word that they have escalated the issue themselves, or that others in their agency are working on it.

I mention this because several years ago I worked at a large agency and there was a particular agent who was continually making errors. She would try very hard to correct the errors herself so that the office manager would not see that she had messed something else up, often delaying the issue getting resolved. Once an error reached the manager, it would usually get corrected quickly, as the manager used the agency's pull or the agency's money to get things sorted. (Eventually, she left the agency, but is likely still in travel. She made some interesting errors, including booking some clients to Australia who were wanting to go to Austria.)

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Having done some searching there are two possible people that could be contacted in Carnival Australia.

First is Peter Little (interim leader of P&O Cruises (Australia) and Carnival Australia) but I cannot find a complete email address - you could try peter_little@carnivalaustralia.com (or some other combination such as peter.little@ or p_j@)

The second is Lynne Scrivens (Director of Integrated Communications, Media and PR at Carnival Australia) whose email is lynne.scrivens@carnivalaustralia.com and phone +61 (0)2 8326 4000

Edited by david63
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, SoCalTraveler said:

Office of Sture Myrmell, President, Carnival UK

Although he's not the suggested contact, it was pointed out to me a few months ago that he has moved on and was replaced in that role by Paul Ludlow.

• Like 1

As others have said it is important to escalate your problem with the Travel Agency as well.  Assuming they still hold your payment (do they?) it’s on them to rectify the situation.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D&N said:

Although he's not the suggested contact, it was pointed out to me a few months ago that he has moved on and was replaced in that role by Paul Ludlow.

Paul Ludlow has an active LinkedIn profile.  He recently did a live from Malta report for P&O on there and came under attack from very angry P&O guests who were caught up in the Maleth Air fiasco.  It might be worth messaging through that medium?

• Like 2

Another update :

The TA got us  back on the ship phew !  But unfortunately  the second two weeks we’re stuck down on level 1 . (I paid extra for a clear view  balcony - especially since I even get seasick on the Sydney Manly ferry) )

However , a lovely Executive Director of a Cunard Australia replied to my email and will try to help regardless (in her words) of where the blame lays & will contact Cunard Uk etc on my behalf . Hopefully I’ll be pushed up the waiting list. 

thanks all again for so much helpful advice . Feel far more confident now that Cunard Head office are trying to help me 😊

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

On 8/8/2024 at 9:55 PM, david63 said:

Having done some searching there are two possible people that could be contacted in Carnival Australia.

First is Peter Little (interim leader of P&O Cruises (Australia) and Carnival Australia) but I cannot find a complete email address - you could try peter_little@carnivalaustralia.com (or some other combination such as peter.little@ or p_j@)

The second is Lynne Scrivens (Director of Integrated Communications, Media and PR at Carnival Australia) whose email is lynne.scrivens@carnivalaustralia.com and phone +61 (0)2 8326 4000

Thank you !

• Like 1

I’m very happy. Now what is the TA and their agency doing to make good on this unnecessary grief due to their error. Hopefully more than a split of Pol Acker !

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nm hehappysailing said:

However , a lovely Executive Director of a Cunard Australia replied to my email and will try to help regardless (in her words) of where the blame lays & will contact Cunard Uk etc on my behalf . Hopefully I’ll be pushed up the waiting list. 

This is super great news! Fingers crossed that you will finally make some headway now. Hopefully there are extras coming your way to help ease the pain.

8 minutes ago, Nm hehappysailing said:

The TA got us  back on the ship phew !  But unfortunately  the second two weeks we’re stuck down on level 1 . (I paid extra for a clear view  balcony - especially since I even get seasick on the Sydney Manly ferry) )

Now that I have pretty much no confidence in your TA, did they send you the confirmation from Cunard?

What a roller coaster ride this has been for you.  I really hate that this is happening when you should be enjoying the lead-up to your holiday.  I look forward to hearing great news from now on!  I think you’ve done your time.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Nm hehappysailing said:

Another update :

Well done, the only way is up now, quite literally from deck 1 but now you've got the right people involved it should be a little easier to get things sorted more satisfactorily.  Let us know where you end up and how the trip goes, isn't cruise critic marvellous!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Nm hehappysailing said:

Another update :

That ferry can be quite rough particularly around Hornby Lighthouse. You will be in a much more stable ship, and the Med is usually fairly calm at that time of year, so I doubt you will have an issue, and hopefully in due course a suitable stateroom will be made available to you. I've booked inside cabins several times, never managed to stay in one!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nm hehappysailing said:

Another update :

thanks all again for so much helpful advice . Feel far more confident now that Cunard Head office are trying to help me 😊

Thanks for the update, that sounds like progress. I'm so glad to hear you've got cabins.

• Like 1

Your perseverance has paid off and I am impressed with how the Cunard CC board “family” jelled together to help out. Now focus on packing…
If you do get sea sick, maybe a deck one cabin is better for you? Good luck anyway in getting a balcony or even a higher upgrade. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, NE John said:

Your perseverance has paid off and I am impressed with how the Cunard CC board “family” jelled together to help out. Now focus on packing…
If you do get sea sick, maybe a deck one cabin is better for you? Good luck anyway in getting a balcony or even a higher upgrade. 

And I hope considerable compensation. So pleased you are at least going.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

This is super great news! Fingers crossed that you will finally make some headway now. Hopefully there are extras coming your way to help ease the pain.

Now that I have pretty much no confidence in your TA, did they send you the confirmation from Cunard?

What a roller coaster ride this has been for you.  I really hate that this is happening when you should be enjoying the lead-up to your holiday.  I look forward to hearing great news from now on!  I think you’ve done your time.

And then some!!!

So happy that there has been progress. There's time yet for a balcony to open up for the second half. People cancel for all sorts of reasons, even at the last minute. And the big thing is you'll be on the ship!!! 

• Like 5

I am very happy for you!  And I agree, that the Cunard family has rallied behind you to offer any assistance!  I am breathing a great sigh of relief for you and hope you can now focus on the excitement of your upcoming vacation!

• Like 1

Glad you are on the ship Hopefully youTA is giving you some money back as you have been downgraded or a hefty shipboard credit to spend on board Hope you are also asking (demanding) all the paper Invoices Cunard sends to the TA each time a payment is made? 
Is this TA a face to face one  or all done on line ? 

next cruise, remember you can go on line My Cunard as soon as the deposi is made .

What a lovely cruise , you will enjoy it 

Good news [almost] all round.

Before you lodge a complaint 'somewhere' I hope you get all the answers as to where the glitch happened and if [if because 'we' don't actually know yet] it occurred at TA level, I would escalate the complaint to 'Head Office' if there is one and cc it to the Australian equivalent of what ever travel association the TA/company is part of plus demanding, if not forthcoming, a sizeable refund on the original price paid.

If it's at the Cunard end which to be fair, seems unlikely but not impossible, I wouldn't rest until a considerable FCC is offered.

However, bottom line, you've found new friends here and most important of all, you are on that ship! 🙂

• Like 7

Email from Cunard - Carnival this morning :

"from our UK colleagues that we have been able to reinstate your original booking which is brilliant news....." 

how good is that 🙂  and theyre contacting the TA on my behalf, and promising to investigate deeper to ensure such a stressful situation doesnt happen to anyone else.

So Im waiting on new log in -booking confirmation details, but so relieved, and thrilled that Carnival took it on themselves to correct it, regardless if it was the TA's fault.

• Like 27