JamieLogical's Live from the Enchanted Princess 8/10

Very nice pictures! A few questions before I Google:what’s splendor duel? And chambord? Also, I love love burgers but am thinking I have to try that stew at O’Malleys next month. Is it “all meat?” I know that sounds silly but I hate meat (esp stew meat) with any fat in it! 😵‍💫🙄 TIA (and hope you feel better today) 

Awww, sweet!  Great pics, I agree photogenic!  I love these "live" threads!  It's been a long time for me, 5 yrs. but I'm really looking forward to my 2 wk. Emerald cruise in October!

Thanks for posting the food pics, too, can't wait!

22 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

For anyone keeping track, our entrees were delivered at exactly 1:00, so about 57 minutes from the time we were seated. I suppose that’s not terrible, but my husband definitely had his “I told you so” attitude about the waits in MDRs for breakfast and lunch. Not sure I will be able to convince him to go back this trip.

You definitely have more patience than I do.

We would have been long gone at the 30 minute mark. 

13 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Very easy....my main color is black.  Everything goes with black.  And I bring jewelry...lots of jewelry, from the very cheap to the very expensive, I change the jewelry for the occasion...not the clothing.  I can go from gym to elegant in the same outfit....just by changing a pendant!

I’m happy that it works for you.  However, not so much for me.  I could wear The Hope Diamond with my gym clothes and I would still look like I just got off the treadmill.  I also never take my good jewelry on vacation.  You can buy really good fake stuff and you never have to worry about it.  I’d rather have a bunch of different outfits.  I think I’m a lost cause lol!

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I’m happy that it works for you.  However, not so much for me.  I could wear The Hope Diamond with my gym clothes and I would still look like I just got off the treadmill.  I also never take my good jewelry on vacation.  You can buy really good fake stuff and you never have to worry about it.  I’d rather have a bunch of different outfits.  I think I’m a lost cause lol!

We never take more than one carry-on each...for cruises lasting for as long as 2 weeks.

If I were younger and single....I'd probably have multiple outfits per day.  But at my age, it's all about comfort and convenience.  The Hope Diamond is a lot easier to pack/carry than all kinds of matching/coordinating shoes, and it goes with everything! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bonaire is my favorite island! Probably because we've been on a couple of amazing snorkel excursions there, but it's also more my "vibe" and not so touristy as Aruba. And the flamingos 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Bonaire is my favorite island! Probably because we've been on a couple of amazing snorkel excursions there, but it's also more my "vibe" and not so touristy as Aruba. And the flamingos 🙂 

We don't do beaches/snorkeling, so much less our kind of thing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Very nice pictures! A few questions before I Google:what’s splendor duel? And chambord? Also, I love love burgers but am thinking I have to try that stew at O’Malleys next month. Is it “all meat?” I know that sounds silly but I hate meat (esp stew meat) with any fat in it! 😵‍💫🙄 TIA (and hope you feel better today) 

Splendor Duel is a board/card game. It is a spin-off of Splendor, which can be played with two people but is more targeted to four players. Splendor Duel is a two-player version that is a little more complicated but compact. Perfect for travel.

Chambord is a raspberry liqueur.

There was definitely a lot of meat in the stew and this time, according to my husband, it was a little tougher than our trip in May.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Splendor Duel is a board/card game. It is a spin-off of Splendor, which can be played with two people but is more targeted to four players. Splendor Duel is a two-player version that is a little more complicated but compact. Perfect for travel.

Chambord is a raspberry liqueur.

There was definitely a lot of meat in the stew and this time, according to my husband, it was a little tougher than our trip in May.

A lot of my friends/family drink champagne with Aperol. 

• Like 2

Wow, such nice photos!  

You are doing such a great vlog!

I am loving the packing and shoe conversations!

If you are planning on doing different things, then you probably need the right shoes...

For me...  ( I pack 3 pairs, unless I have plenty of room to throw in another dressy heel.

-  Travel in my walking shoes. (sorry, no more running in my future!)

I have always worn those Nike Pegasus.  But, I will NOT buy another pair. Especially seeing how they are operating lately.   I have had surgery on one foot, and need Wide shoes.  NIKE shoes have always run narrow.  Even after they say that they are making them a bit roomier.  Which means paying a fortune to special order them in many cases.

I am now looking at HOKA Bondi 8.

-   For pool, beach, etc...  a simple pair of nice flip-flops.

-   For casual outfits a nice pair of Platform sandals with a very wide criss-cross top and small back strap. These are a neutral tan woven base, with some white woven in, and black leather top - can go with absolutely anything!

-   For dressy, one (or two) pairs of dressy heels.  One in basic black and one rhinestone sparkly 'strappy' look.

Everybody says I have great/cute shoes!

The two of us share a regular sized suitcase, and bring one small carry-on each.  

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

I have so many pretty and casual shoes. I LOVE to dress up. You’ll see me in glittery outfits every night! But I just can’t do heels or fancy shoes anymore. I wear navy or black crocs during the day. At night: I have a pair of beautiful slippers! They are black sequins with a “diamond” flower on the front. But my evening go to’s: years ago I bought 2 pairs of white crocs. And silver spray paint for one pair, gold spray paint for the other. Comfy and still pretty. 👏👍🤗😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

I have so many pretty and casual shoes. I LOVE to dress up. You’ll see me in glittery outfits every night! But I just can’t do heels or fancy shoes anymore. I wear navy or black crocs during the day. At night: I have a pair of beautiful slippers! They are black sequins with a “diamond” flower on the front. But my evening go to’s: years ago I bought 2 pairs of white crocs. And silver spray paint for one pair, gold spray paint for the other. Comfy and still pretty. 👏👍🤗😉

Love your idea for evening crocs!  I’m impressed!  I also have an evening pair of ballet slippers that I actually bedazzled myself.  I really like Skechers and Vionic for day wear.   I definitely need arch support for these aging feet.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

I watched the bundling video and, while I'm sure it's a great way to pack a lot of stuff in a small container, I have a much easier and more efficient method. I use the "Yes, Dear" method. My wife tells me to get my stuff together and then she packs it. This is how she wants it done and it works quite well for me. 😊

A man after my own heart!

23 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Just started packing for our Enchanted sailing next Saturday.  I will be wearing a pair of runners to the airport.  I’ve packed 4 more pairs of various styles and that’s a personal best.   My suitcase weighs 46 lbs and my carryon weighs 18 lbs.  Could someone please tell me how you pack everything for 7 days in a carryon?  Apparently, I’m in the minority and have absolutely no clue.

https://www.travelfashiongirl.com/functional-and-fashion-packing-list/

I did 25 days in Europe (20 on a cruise) last May with a small carryon & backpack!

I'm doing 8 day NE/CA cruise in Sept in the same. 

Merino wool is fantastic--never smells (even from smoke!)--cool in warm weather, warm in cool weather. 

Lightweight clothing that mixes & matches and can easily be hand washed.

(tho Princess has laundry which we used weekly for our 28 day Regal cruise)

Tennis shoes, sandals, wedges or flats (for evening), flip flops if swimsuit goes.

Honestly once you do it, you wonder why you haven't always done it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KKB said:

https://www.travelfashiongirl.com/functional-and-fashion-packing-list/

I did 25 days in Europe (20 on a cruise) last May with a small carryon & backpack!

I'm doing 8 day NE/CA cruise in Sept in the same. 

Merino wool is fantastic--never smells (even from smoke!)--cool in warm weather, warm in cool weather. 

Lightweight clothing that mixes & matches and can easily be hand washed.

(tho Princess has laundry which we used weekly for our 28 day Regal cruise)

Tennis shoes, sandals, wedges or flats (for evening), flip flops if swimsuit goes.

Honestly once you do it, you wonder why you haven't always done it!

I am so in awe of you!  However, I know I’m just not disciplined enough to even attempt that.  Congratulations on being a world class packer!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I am so in awe of you!  However, I know I’m just not disciplined enough to even attempt that.  Congratulations on being a world class packer!

If your life depended on or you had no choice (if I don't do carry-on only, I cannot cruise); you could do it!

9 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

We never take more than one carry-on each...for cruises lasting for as long as 2 weeks.

If I were younger and single....I'd probably have multiple outfits per day.  But at my age, it's all about comfort and convenience.  The Hope Diamond is a lot easier to pack/carry than all kinds of matching/coordinating shoes, and it goes with everything! 

I love it! I pack way less then I did 15-20 years ago!! In my book, black slacks go with every top I own!  Plus nobody is looking or really cares.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, cjpj said:

If your life depended on or you had no choice (if I don't do carry-on only, I cannot cruise); you could do it!

If my life depended on it, I could pack in a lunchbox! lol. Three pair of undies and a toothbrush!

Edited by Lady Arwen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Lady Arwen said:

If my life depended on it, I could pack in a lunchbox! lol

Fortunately it doesn't!  And we all have options for packing as much or as little as works for us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Fortunately it doesn't!  And we all have options for packing as much or as little as works for us.

I am a solo cruiser and my rule is I have to be able to carry it all myself, and that includes stairs, trains, etc. I typically take a 25" roller bag, a small under the seat roller bag and a back pack. Shoes are my downfall too. I used to take a huge 29" bag when going to Europe, plus another roller bag and tote bag. I can do a carryon roller bag now and back pack for a 7 day but that's only if it's a warm weather cruise, which I don't seem to do much these days.

• Like 5