Favorite, most desired deck on the Rotterdam

What is your favorite deck on the Rotterdam and why?

What deck would you avoid and why?

What deck sells out first? 

All in all is there a favored most desirable deck?
Thanks,

RFox 

Which one sells out first? Not sure how we would know that. I would guess it varies cruise to cruise. 

Any deck with a Neptune Suite on it.

You got the idea from your other thread...decks with busy public decks above and/or below are less desirable. 

Navigation deck.   Just be careful to pick a cabin without chairs on the deck above. There are several choices of cabins if you study the deck plan above.   The corner "bump-in" cabins are the best balcony cabins outside of the aft facing cabins.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I read some of your other posts, so I think you are asking about staterooms. Here is the HAL deck by deck plan of staterooms plus everything else.  Look at Deck 2 and you can see the World Stage and the Music Walk.  That noise carries far.  Deck 4 above the Photo Shop and in that general vicinity would be fine.  Better, Deck 5 but try to stay aft of the center of the ship.  Any stateroom that has other staterooms surrounding it is best.  Stay away from the grey places which are the working areas of the crew.  Stay away from below the Lido due to the moving carts and chairs.  Stay away from under the aft pool for same reason.  If you have a specific question about a stateroom, get back and people will chime in. https://www.hollandamerica.com/content/dam/hal/inventory-assets/ships/RN/pdf/hal-rn-deckplan.pdf

Edited by AKJonesy
  • Like 1

We've stayed in aft cabins on deck 4 (love the large balconies) on our last 3 cruises (N. Statendam, Rotterdam and on our most recent one, Oosterdam) and felt there was just a little too much crunching noise coming from below on the O. There was absolutely no noise from the dining room above on any of those ships.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, grannyshell said:

We've stayed in aft cabins on deck 4 (love the large balconies) on our last 3 cruises (N. Statendam, Rotterdam and on our most recent one, Oosterdam) and felt there was just a little too much crunching noise coming from below on the O. There was absolutely no noise from the dining room above on any of those ships.

We are booked on deck 4 aft (Rotterdam) above the dining room kitchen and are concerned with early morning noise. We have an opportunity to switch to Deck 11 below Crow's Nest. Any thoughts?

20 hours ago, RileyFox said:

What is your favorite deck on the Rotterdam and why?

We prefer the VF forward balcony cabins on deck 8.

Why?

• good price point
  • quiet, tucked away area with no thru traffic
  • only one deck up to the gym, spa, lido 
  • nothing loud above or below us

But the last few cruises we have gone "guarantee" and we've never had a bad/loud/bad location cabin......

Enjoy choosing a cabin!

4 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Photos and info available on HAL Facts website.

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/

That is a wonderful link to cabin photos.
It appears to have a great representation of all the sleeping accomodatioons, i.e. staterooms, veranda, suites,vista suites. signature suites, ocean view state rooms, interior stateroom and inside rooms.
Thanks!

2 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

We prefer the VF forward balcony cabins on deck 8.

Why?

• good price point
  • quiet, tucked away area with no thru traffic
  • only one deck up to the gym, spa, lido 
  • nothing loud above or below us

But the last few cruises we have gone "guarantee" and we've never had a bad/loud/bad location cabin......

Enjoy choosing a cabin!

I see Veranda has several choices and i figured out that VF means veranda forward.

Now top figure out the others VQ, VS, V, VA, VB, VC, VD, VE, VF,  VH.. 
Thansk so much! 

5 minutes ago, RileyFox said:

I see Veranda has several choices and i figured out that VF means veranda forward.

Now top figure out the others VQ, VS, V, VA, VB, VC, VD, VE, VF,  VH.. 
Thansk so much! 

Don't spend too much time on trying to solve the problem....It is not Wordle or Connections!  V is the highest category followed by VA, VB etc alphabetically, except for VQ/VY (Spa)

• Like 2

We have changed cabins after making a deposit, can't remember if it was after final payment.  So possibly if it is a cruise you want...why not book and change if you see something later that you prefer.  A good TA (suggested in post #3 by @FlorenceItaly)  will be helpful with many of your questions and help you with everything after you have booked.  But CC does offer great info.  Cherie 

2 hours ago, RileyFox said:

It appears to have a great representation of all the sleeping accomodatioons, i.e. staterooms, veranda, suites,vista suites. signature suites, ocean view state rooms, interior stateroom and inside rooms.

HalFacts is a great resource, but be aware of some category mis-labelling in the Pinnacle Class gallery. If a photo has the bed near the balcony door, it is a Vista Suite even if labelled V. Also check cabins labelled MS (for mini-suite) against the HAL deckplans; I'm not sure whether those are Vista Suites or Signature Suites.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bartox said:

We are booked on deck 4 aft (Rotterdam) above the dining room kitchen and are concerned with early morning noise. We have an opportunity to switch to Deck 11 below Crow's Nest. Any thoughts?

We have never heard noise in any of the staterooms we’ve been in on deck 4 aft. It is above the upper level of dining, which I’ve never seen open for breakfast. We’ve never heard dining room noise at any time of day. 

16 minutes ago, saskacruiser said:

We have never heard noise in any of the staterooms we’ve been in on deck 4 aft. It is above the upper level of dining, which I’ve never seen open for breakfast. We’ve never heard dining room noise at any time of day. 

Good point upper dining room is not open for breakfast. We’ll keep the cabin. Thanks 

• Like 1

We always do the aft cabins on deck 4 as well on the Rotterdam. The only time we ever heard noise was when they had the wine talk in the dining room right below us and the microphone was very loud. It only went on for about 3/4 hour during one day.  We did call guest services to let them know and we never heard any noise again.   

Posted (edited)
On 8/2/2024 at 10:55 AM, bartox said:

Funny you should ask as our next 2 cruises are on the Rotterdam and Koningsdam and we've decided on forward cabins on Deck 10 and 8, partly to avoid the noise and also because we tend to spend more time in the forward public spaces. I can't comment on the kitchen noise because we were over the dining spaces. The noise I'm talking about is noise from the ship itself. 

Edited by grannyshell

18 hours ago, crystalspin said:

HalFacts is a great resource, but be aware of some category mis-labelling in the Pinnacle Class gallery. If a photo has the bed near the balcony door, it is a Vista Suite even if labelled V. Also check cabins labelled MS (for mini-suite) against the HAL deckplans; I'm not sure whether those are Vista Suites or Signature Suites.

I was looking at Halfacts recently and noticed this guide to what their abbreviations mean:

https://halfacts.com/our-abbreviations-how-to-find-the-cabin-type-you-are-looking-for/