MSC price no longer includes internet

jamon

Just saw that MSC has come out with a NEW package that does NOT include internet, if you want both the drinks and internet like the previous deal had for a long time. Was wondering what is the cost of the internet alone, now that it is not in the new deal???

• Thanks 1

On my upcoming 9/1  cruise they now have these 3 options. This cruise the price spread is minimal. I'd imagine at some point the spread will be larger between option #2 and #3

image.thumb.png.aada6a16c8eb649f7ceb334cbc41b9fc.png

2 hours ago, NYcruzzer said:

I'd imagine at some point the spread will be larger between option #2 and #3

It's only four dollars more for internet on the September 8th sailing. 

2 hours ago, Até said:

It's only four dollars more for internet on the September 8th sailing. 

On the 9/1 sailing the drink package/wi-fi option comes with a $50.00 OBC. I'm thinking MSC marketing gurus are tinkering with ways to make the "Drinks and Wi-Fi" option more appealing. On my 9/1 sailing  I can't see anyone going for the "Drinks package" without Wi-Fi to save $18 bucks.

What MSC should experiment with is an option that includes cruise and Wi-Fi ONLY  instead of Drink package only..

1 hour ago, NYcruzzer said:

What MSC should experiment with is an option that includes cruise and Wi-Fi ONLY  instead of Drink package only..

That is the option I would want!

Posted (edited)

Ha! Decided to check pricing on my upcoming January sailing with these new rates and it's more expensive for drinks alone than it is for Drinks & Wifi! I suspect MSC is still working out the kinks on this one!

image.thumb.png.80496250d750c2defebeec7a197e7e61.png

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

53 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Ha! Decided to check pricing on my upcoming January sailing with these new rates and it's more expensive for drinks alone than it is for Drinks & Wifi! I suspect MSC is still working out the kinks on this one!

Hello,

Proof, if any was needed, that MSC has been recruiting former RCI staff wholesale.

BTW, I've not seen an offer here including Wifi.

Regards,

Cublet

Has anyone recently done a 7 night caribbean cruise prior to this latest deal and only purchased wifi??? Would like to know the cost per person for this. Thanks

40 minutes ago, jamon said:

Has anyone recently done a 7 night caribbean cruise prior to this latest deal and only purchased wifi??? Would like to know the cost per person for this. Thanks

Currently a one device streaming is $111 for a seven night cruise. Keep in mind, with MSC the first device you log on is the only device you can have that Wi-Fi on. It's not like other cruise lines where you can log off one and log in on another.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

No Mathematician, but that's a no-brainer 😎

Posted (edited)

So I'll throw my experience in here.... My TA has 2 cruises on hold for me w/ the July Promo, both World America Interior Bella (don't judge, you do you!), 2 pax, Voyager's discount.

Oct 2025:

w/ Drinks and Wifi (July promo) $2039

w/ Drinks (Aug promo) $1708 

(has no Aug promo of Drinks and Wifi offered)

That's a $331 savings! The 1 week of 1 device Browse Wifi (we really only need 1 to communicate back home) is $111 for the week. No Brainer!

Oct 2026:

w/ Drinks and Wifi (July promo) $2098

w/ Drinks #1 (Aug promo) $1847

w/ Drinks #2 (Aug promo) $1927 (website offered w/ drinks twice, the 2nd more expensive but no mention of wifi or OBC for the extra $80.... Glitch?!)

That's a $251 savings w/ Aug Promo #1. Again 1 week of 1 device Browse Wifi (we really only need 1 to communicate back home) is $111 for the week. No Brainer!

I'll add the wifi on after booking to lock in the price incase they raise it later!

Edited by KarenGretz
  • Like 1

I like this if I can save money. I may be the opposite of most people, but I don't want the internet, I hate being reminded of work when an email pops up. I only want drinks, so if it's cheaper I'm all in. I like cruising to get away, I hate needing to carry my phone around to look at menus or daily activities.

• Like 2

Strange....I looked at a 1/2 dozen sailings earlier for this fall on the Seashore and none offered with option for wifi.....it was only the first two above.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2024 at 9:01 AM, JamieLogical said:

As they said in the Movie Office Space "They fixed the Glitch" See Post #3

image.thumb.png.bd6cd0a0854caee3e9be28e03a2974d9.png

On 8/4/2024 at 8:05 PM, Sailor75 said:

I like this if I can save money. I may be the opposite of most people, but I don't want the internet, I hate being reminded of work when an email pops up. I only want drinks, so if it's cheaper I'm all in. I like cruising to get away, I hate needing to carry my phone around to look at menus or daily activities.

I agree, drinks yes, wifi not needed. So if it results in a much cheaper price (and MSC is already very cheap with the drinks and wifi included package) then sounds good to me!!

On 8/3/2024 at 9:01 AM, JamieLogical said:

This cruise is now only showing the cruise-only and add drinks options and the prices for each are the same as in my earlier screenshot. So it looks like they really are charging more for just drinks than they were previously charging for drinks, wifi, and OBC.

• 3 weeks later...

Wifi is the least of your worries.  

MSC cruise prices are one of the lowest available today and remember the adage...

....You Get What You Pay For in this world.

MSC cruises are always full and are crowded so try to choose a cruise with no sea days.

The food is definitely not the best, if you like salads you'll be OK otherwise I would recommend you buy a Specialty dining package.  You won't regret it, worth £250/pp for a 7night cruise.

Drinks are expensive so get a Drinks Package, it will definitely save you in the long run.

Lower your expectations, don't expect the earth as you'll only be disappointed.  

Compared to most Land based holiday a MSC cruise is great value for money.

If you can afford the extra cost, the Yacht Club is absolutely the best on the seas IMHO.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mickey89 said:

MSC cruise prices are one of the lowest available today and remember the adage...

MSC cruises are always full and are crowded so try to choose a cruise with no sea days.

The food is definitely not the best, if you like salads you'll be OK otherwise I would recommend you buy a Specialty dining package.  You won't regret it, worth £250/pp for a 7night cruise.

Drinks are expensive so get a Drinks Package, it will definitely save you in the long run.

If you can afford the extra cost, the Yacht Club is absolutely the best on the seas IMHO.

MSC drinks are some of the cheapest at sea. The Easy Plus package only covers drinks up to $10 and I have no issues staying within that limit. On NCL, their "included" drink package covers drinks up to $15 and doesn't even include Bailey's. Same with Celebrity. I have to upgrade my package just to get Bailey's included!

Edit: forgot to mention the "included" package on NCL doesn't even include bottled water and specialty coffee!

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mickey89 said:

We’ve cruised them all, inside cabin to suite and in our experience with MSC we find MSC to be a fantastic value in all areas.  We won’t go back to the other cruise lines at this point.   We’ve been Aurea on 2 cruises so far, regular Fantastica balcony level upcoming for November and Yacht Club booked for the summer.  It’s a very different experience compared to other cruise lines but we find it gives us the most bang for our buck.  That’s our opinion of course and everyone is entitled to theirs as well😀

• Like 5