favorite treats in international cafe/ mdr

kitkat343

21 minutes ago, Teechur said:

Almond croissants at the IC. Also, cookies.

Definitely a fan of the Almond Croissants. 😍

• Like 5

I have not read any of the replies here, but just as a suggestion, we were on the Regal in February, and really like different foods at the International Cafe. My only suggestion, and you may or may not want to do this, but for the most part, when I got a sandwich, sometimes they were pretty cold (almost too cold for me), so I ask them to microwave it a little, and they turned out perfect for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, beshears said:

I have not read any of the replies here, but just as a suggestion, we were on the Regal in February, and really like different foods at the International Cafe. My only suggestion, and you may or may not want to do this, but for the most part, when I got a sandwich, sometimes they were pretty cold (almost too cold for me), so I ask them to microwave it a little, and they turned out perfect for me.

Previously, many Grand class ships had a panini press to warm/toast the sandwiches if desired. I believe now, they and Royal class ships have a special ‘oven’ they use to warm them now, not microwaved. Usually have been asked if I want my items warm/toasted or cold.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, joejoe 59 said:

Nothing as the gluten free options are 🤮

Ohh No!  I was just about to ask if there was anything gluten free in the IC that was good. The MDR is great apparently. 

We will be on the Majestic.  Sometimes the line up is different for different ships. 🤞

What is the GF bread like on board, generally?  Is it white cardboard?

Edited by paddingtonbear

This all sounds amazing to me but I am allergic to dairy so I guess I will never know. I do know that my friend likes a dessert at the international Café that has fruit on top of it. I think it is called a mini Pavlova but I’m not sure. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

This all sounds amazing to me but I am allergic to dairy so I guess I will never know. I do know that my friend likes a dessert at the international Café that has fruit on top of it. I think it is called a mini Pavlova but I’m not sure. 

You should be able to have the Pavlova. 

I'd ask as there are so many people with intolerances these days. 

The MDR has dairy free desserts too. 

Edited by paddingtonbear

Just now, paddingtonbear said:

You should be able to have the Pavlova. 

The MDR has dairy free desserts too. 

Thank you. The MDR always makes me special dairy free desserts but the international café always tells me that there is nothing there for me. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you. The MDR always makes me special dairy free desserts but the international café always tells me that there is nothing there for me. 

But pavlova doesn't have any dairy in it.  It is egg white and sugar.  Silly people.  I'd ask them to ask the chef. 

Edited by paddingtonbear
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Previously, many Grand class ships had a panini press to warm/toast the sandwiches if desired. I believe now, they and Royal class ships have a special ‘oven’ they use to warm them now, not microwaved. Usually have been asked if I want my items warm/toasted or cold.

Yes the quick oven melts the cheese and crisp the bread. Much better than microwave.

• Like 2