New to Celebrity

We are not new cruisers but are new to Celebrity. Most of our cruises have been with Princess. We are having a hard time understanding what is included with Celebrity. In looking at the website, it looks like only the Main dining room is included in the price. Everything else is an additional fee? How about entertainment? Do you make reservations ahead of time? Anything that anyone can tell me is most appreciated.

Posted (edited)

Main dining, spa cafe(light breakfast and lunch) mast grill(burgers hot dogs on deck) and buffet are all included dining areas…Eden Cafe for breakfast and lunch on E Class..

No reservations needed for shows..

No inside smoking at all is a big plus to me..

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, whatcruiseisnext said:

We are not new cruisers but are new to Celebrity. Most of our cruises have been with Princess. We are having a hard time understanding what is included with Celebrity. In looking at the website, it looks like only the Main dining room is included in the price. Everything else is an additional fee? How about entertainment? Do you make reservations ahead of time? Anything that anyone can tell me is most appreciated.

No madillions. You will have a Seapass card instead. When you first board the ship you are allowed to go directly to your cabin to pick up your Seapass card and drop off any carry ons or other items. You are asked not to linger in the cabin. Leave and wait for the general announcement that the cabins are ready. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, luvbrady said:

Considering trying Celebrity out, but for some reason my husband is under the impression bars close relatively early?  Any info on that?  TIA

what's early.. There were quite a few late night parties in ASCENT

7 minutes ago, luvbrady said:

Considering trying Celebrity out, but for some reason my husband is under the impression bars close relatively early?  Any info on that?  TIA

2 am too early???

Screenshot_20240808_104138_Celebrity.jpg

1 minute ago, luvbrady said:

Thanks all- those hours are just fine 😉  Thanks for the ammunition I needed!  Now to start searching and selling LOL.

Do you know Diamond perks on RCL are not the same as Elite perks on Celebrity? 

14 minutes ago, luvbrady said:

Yes, thank you.  This would be our first D+ cruise technically so all of that will go into the planning/decision.

Don’t use that as part of your argument. The perks associated with D+ on RCI are much better than the perks associated with Elite + on X. I cruise on both RCI and X frequently. There are almost always a minimum of a few bars still open on both cruise lines when I call it night around 1:00 AM - 1:30 AM. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, luvbrady said:

Yes, thank you.  This would be our first D+ cruise technically so all of that will go into the planning/decision.

Much more to love about Celeb ships than the bars ..many venues are highlighted in the website!

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Much more to love about Celeb ships than the bars ..many venues are highlighted in the website!

Agree with you totally.

The drink coupons seem to be a fixation vs the total loyalty benefits.

At D+ I think one gets a 25% discount on premium coffees (exc Starbucks)

At E+ unlimited premium coffees & teas

D+ 2 days internet

E+ 240 minutes to use over the sailing

D+ $10 off a bag of wash & fold laundry

E+ 2 bags of wash & fold laundry

2 items pressed

1 item dry cleaned

D+ 3 bottles of welcome water

E+ pick up a couple of bottles every evening during the cocktail hour.

Glad we made the switch years ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

great list above, and there are many small nuances that still set X  apart from Royal.. We used to enjoy both but now stick with X. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, whatcruiseisnext said:

My wife and i have been bouncing between princess and celebrity for the last two years trying to decide which is our favorite.  We have a celebrity cruise booked in november but are probably leaning toward princess going forward unless the november knocks our socks off.  The medallion on princess is a real game changer, at least for us.  Food and drink delivered wherever you are,  knowing exactly who you are when you just in proximity of the dining room lines.  Really cool tech.  

We were mainly RCL and NCL prior to being empty nesters so now we are looking for a more adult oriented line and both princess and celebrity fit that bill and are very close price wise, we just want to start getting some loyalty with one or the other

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 20165 said:

both princess and celebrity fit that bill and are very close price wise, we just want to start getting some loyalty with one or the other

What tier level are you with RC? 

8 hours ago, island lady said:

Seems to me that we will have nice perks as match from RCI Pinnacle to X Zenith.  Looking forward to it.  🙂 

Not a bad way to start off your first Celebrity cruise. 🍷😉

• Haha 1