Things that Celebrity does not tell you…

IDL

4 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

On my recent visit to the spa cafe on Reflection the coffee machine was out of service the whole time and I think someone in the kitchen accidentally substituted sawdust for flour in the “healthy” cookies. 

I would have definitely made a complaint on-board. The coffee is not "out of order" - even if the machine was not working and could not be replaced (doubtful, they surely have spares with all the coffee they serve) they can simply bring coffee from another kitchen like they do in the sky lounge sometimes. 

That's simply lazy employees and/or poor management. 

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

Guest Services is a great place for...

1.  Stationary for notes about special crew members/turn in notes

2.  Lost and found

3.  Questions about your bill 

4.  Money exchange etc.

We also picked up a free deck of cards at Guest Services on our last cruise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/10/2024 at 7:25 AM, jelayne said:

My Mom used to say if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything. 

Sorry.  I hit the wrong website.  Apparently, I went to CruiseCheerleaders.com.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Guest Services is a great place for...

1.  Stationary for notes about special crew members/turn in notes

2.  Lost and found

3.  Questions about your bill 

4.  Money exchange etc.

I was also able to get stamps from guest services for sending postcards back home.

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2024 at 9:25 AM, NMTraveller said:

On E class ships they have very few real balconies.

On E class ships they do not have forward looking views unless you are in a suite.

Are the real balconies the aft facing cabins and suites?

Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2024 at 10:25 AM, jelayne said:

My Mom used to say if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything. 

My mom said the same thing. She also said, "A woman's place is in the home". 

Edited by Iamcruzin

This is an excellent thread.  We will be sailing Celebrity for the first time later this month (only sailed Royal so far).  I do have one question.  Our reservation has early dining. But it appears unlike Royal that has MDR, Celebrity has multiple 'restaurants'.  How do we know where we're supposed to go?  Are we supposed to decide where we want to eat each night?

Thanx again.

Erika

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, birdylady said:

This is an excellent thread.  We will be sailing Celebrity for the first time later this month (only sailed Royal so far).  I do have one question.  Our reservation has early dining. But it appears unlike Royal that has MDR, Celebrity has multiple 'restaurants'.  How do we know where we're supposed to go?  Are we supposed to decide where we want to eat each night?

Thanx again.

Erika

What ship are you booked on? Only on the E class ships are the 4 different MDRs. You can dine in all four or select your favorite (s). You can also request the menus from the MDRs you are not eating in.

When you first board the ship on embarkation you can go directly to your cabin to drop off your carry on(s) and pick up your Seapass card. You are asked not to linger in your cabin. Around ~1:PM  the general announcement will be made letting you know the cabins are ready. Also Celebrity has pillow chocolates every evening. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, shipshape sam said:

Are the real balconies the aft facing cabins and suites?

Yes...you can actually walk outside, see the wake with the air swirling around your face.  Aft facing cabins are called Sunset Verandas(SV’s.). Suites are called Sunset Suites.

Edited by Lastdance

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, birdylady said:

Thanx again.

Erika

You can eat in all four, or just one, keeping the same servers.  You can order from all four restaurants no matter which restaurant you happen to be eating your meal.  Actually, you can also eat when you want, changing times as necessary, but sometimes have a short waiting period.  At least that is how it has been, but I did read about one individual who stated she had to eat late because of their time that was allocated.  Maybe just a unique hostess, or something else that wasn’t made clear on here.

Edited by Lastdance

10 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Yes...you can actually walk outside, see the wake with the air swirling around your face.  Aft facing cabins are called Sunset Verandas(SV’s.). Suites are called Sunset Suites.

IMG_2790.jpeg

• Like 10

On E class, the Eden Cafe is hardly ever open, but is worth a visit if it is. There are interesting things that the other Cafes don’t have like a carving station and home made potato chips. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2024 at 12:37 PM, little britain said:

I have never heard of this in my life ! 

They are more or less standard on elevators in the US (one ding up, two dings down). The dings are to let visually impaired people know what direction the elevator is headed. Based on your screen name (“britain”), maybe elevators in the UK don’t operate this way?

5 hours ago, Travel-and-See said:

I would have definitely made a complaint on-board. The coffee is not "out of order" - even if the machine was not working and could not be replaced (doubtful, they surely have spares with all the coffee they serve) they can simply bring coffee from another kitchen like they do in the sky lounge sometimes. 

That's simply lazy employees and/or poor management. 

I should have mentioned that they did have silver carafes of coffee sitting on the counter. And I saw a worker trying to fix the machine but I guess he wasn’t successful…At least on our 4 days. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SkiPro62 said:

On E class, the Eden Cafe is hardly ever open, but is worth a visit if it is. There are interesting things that the other Cafes don’t have like a carving station and home made potato chips. 

So true!  How strange to have a cafe that is mostly never open. I’ve been on Edge and Ascent and have yet to manage a time to get there when it’s actually open. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, doghog said:

What ship are you booked on? Only on the E class ships are the 4 different MDRs. You can dine in all four or select your favorite (s). You can also request the menus from the MDRs you are not eating in.

When you first board the ship on embarkation you can go directly to your cabin to drop off your carry on(s) and pick up your Seapass card. You are asked not to linger in your cabin. Around ~1:PM  the general announcement will be made letting you know the cabins are ready. Also Celebrity has pillow chocolates every evening. 

We’ll be on Apex.  I was also curious as we always like a large table.  Hubby and I see each other plenty and enjoy meeting new people.  If we have a set time and location would it possible to be on a table for more than just us?

thanx again 

Erika

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, birdylady said:

We’ll be on Apex.  I was also curious as we always like a large table.  Hubby and I see each other plenty and enjoy meeting new people.  If we have a set time and location would it possible to be on a table for more than just us?

thanx again 

Erika

Yes. Make that request each night. 

Edited by doghog

1 hour ago, doghog said:

When you first board the ship on embarkation you can go directly to your cabin to drop off your carry on(s) and pick up your Seapass card. You are asked not to linger in your cabin. Around ~1:PM  the general announcement will be made letting you know the cabins are ready

I've never had this experience on Celebrity - maybe I haven't boarded early enough?  It seems to me they would start boarding when cabins are ready - it's weird to have guests drop off personal items in a dirty cabin. 

35 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I should have mentioned that they did have silver carafes of coffee sitting on the counter. And I saw a worker trying to fix the machine but I guess he wasn’t successful…At least on our 4 days. 

Oh! That's different haha.  One of my favorite things about the Spa Cafe for breakfast is not having to fight the crowds around the coffee makers in the buffet so I took that very seriously. 

32 minutes ago, birdylady said:

I was also curious as we always like a large table.  Hubby and I see each other plenty and enjoy meeting new people.

Even if you end up with a table for 2, they are very close to each other and in my personal experience, fellow guests on Celebrity will be quick to start a conversation with you. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Travel-and-See said:

I've never had this experience on Celebrity - maybe I haven't boarded early enough?  It seems to me they would start boarding when cabins are ready - it's weird to have guests drop off personal items in a dirty cabin. 

Not a Celebrity secret. When was your last Celebrity cruise? Celebrity has been doing this for at least five years, fleetwide. We are usually onboard between 11 - 12 and  cabins aren't dirty. Not 100% ready and why you are asked not to linger. 2019 on the Summit was our first experience with this change. Every cruise after that also. No matter the class of ship. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Travel-and-See said:

less than a year ago.

You must have boarded after 1:PM when the cabins were open to occupy.  

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1