Barcelona port to airport.

Merly

Posted (edited)

Can anyone tell me how much Celebrity generally charge for transfers from the port to the airport please. ( Barcelona) 

Edited by Merly

• Merly changed the title to Barcelona port to airport.
1 hour ago, Merly said:

Can anyone tell me how much Celebrity generally charge for transfers from the port to the airport please. ( Barcelona) 

Celebrity often offer two options to the airport. One is direct for those with flights after 11am and another that offers a sight seeing option with a drop off at the airport later (about 3pm) for guests with later flights.

We stopped using Celebrity (or other cruise line) transfers a long time ago. Firstly, they fill up a coach before leaving so you can be waiting some time and secondly because they are more expensive than a taxi. If you still want this option hopefully someone will reply with a recent price.

There is a taxi rank at Barcelona Port (near the ship) that does move fairly fast although you will get the odd guest who tries to cut in the line. It is manned. Alternatively you can book an Uber. If you are a party bigger than three with luggage you may be better looking on line and ordering a private transfer…

Barcelona airport (like most these days) can be busy so don’t attempt too early a flight.

7 minutes ago, SDWCruise said:

What would you consider a ‘too earlier’ flight, chemmo? Would a private booked taxi at 8.45am for a flight departing at 11.40am be sufficient do you think?

Lines in Barcelona especially for security can be long. If you´re flying internationally I´d be at the airport at least 3 hours prior to departure.

The current flat for a taxi airport/port is 45 Euro. So even with a tip it´s cheaper than 29 USD pP for two people.

steamboats

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SDWCruise said:

What would you consider a ‘too earlier’ flight, chemmo? Would a private booked taxi at 8.45am for a flight departing at 11.40am be sufficient do you think?

I wouldn’t book anything before 11am. I would book your flight. 11.40am should be fine.

We have had one decent trip through security in Barcelona and two very looooong ones. I confess to being stress intolerant and would probably go for booking a taxi for 8.15 or 8.30 rather than 8.45. Two reasons, firstly if the ship has delayed disembarking then you are already ‘on the move’. Secondly, whilst a pre booked taxi has never let me down I would rather have that extra bit of time if they are running late or we need to contact them because we can’t find them.

Our theory is that we would rather get to the airport early and say ‘we could have had another coffee’ than have that coffee and then be manic by the time we get to the gate!

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, vickykay said:

We recently booked Suntransfers as we have an early departure.  It was around 60E for door to door private car.

We also booked Suntransfers . Our original flight was after 11 am & they were picking us up at 8:05. OUR FLIGHT DEPARTURE TIME CHANGED TO 10:40AM so Suntransfers moved up our pickup time to 7:45am. I assume earlier could run into more rush hour traffic. We've used them before & they were on time. Our rate for a private taxi was 49.21e.

My only decision is whether to take our luggage off ourselves or have the cruiseline take them the night before & then retrieve them on the dock. Once we had trouble finding our luggage on shore as it had been placed in the wrong color & caused delay & stress. 

Edited by dabear

Lines at airport was super long , glad we had first class , Barcelona airport has a free lounge for first and business class with free liquor and food , was extremely impressed.

Thanks for the advice. We too are travelling first so should be able to use the fast track service. Our son and wife however are not, so I’m going to advise them to pre-book the fast track service to get them through! Has anyone use this service at Barcelona?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2024 at 3:30 AM, Merly said:

We took a taxi in April and it was 55 Euros Fixed rate!

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

The fixed rate is 45 Euro. Here´s a link to the official website (Spanish) and the Barcelona Tourist Guide (private, English).

steamboats

Yes, 45 Euros could be correct. Maybe a little alzheimers on my part. It's been 5 months,

but the service was excellent. 25 minutes from ship to airport!

• Like 1

just got off a ship in Barcelona port at 8:00am with 2 other ships in port:

1. no immigration check as the previous stop was in EU

2. no line for taxi

3. 25 minutes (on a Sunday) and 45 Euro fixed fare to airport

4 From ship to lounge/gate was 1 hour - included check-in (business class), immigration, and security.

If you do not have priority check-in and security then the lines would have likely been 30 minutes longer (total).  We carried off our bags.

Edited by Nachosdelux

@Nachosdelux I´ve been to Barcelona many times and yes, you can be out and at the airport pretty soon. But I also have seen extreme long lines at the taxi stand (usually they clear up quickly, I never waited more than 15 min, they are super well organized there). I also have seen extreme long lines at the airport security. So both can happen. It depends on the time of the day (8 am is early, but by 8:30 or 9 am the lines are forming up). It depends on the day of the week. It depends on how many ships are in port.

steamboats

Hi 

I have used Welcome Pickups many times and have booked them for our upcoming trip from the port to airport. The cost was €50 but that includes tip and as I have used them before I also got a discount of €8.

So I only paid €42. We prefer to know we have somebody waiting for us.

Edited by swigso
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Tyler414 said:

Uber in Barcelona requires a "15 minutes" waiting period.  Not sure the reasoning, but you wait in the app for 15 minutes before a driver is found.  Same was true in Ibiza...

An additional revenue stream for Uber is setting up a specific pick up time in advance for an additional reservation fee on top of the standard transportation fee. 

On 8/18/2024 at 2:30 AM, Merly said:

I just got off Celebrity silhouette yesterday. I took the Transfer for $29 from Celebrity.  I was on the first bus and I could see many taxis waiting in line. Since I was by myself, the transfer was cheaper, but I’m sure if you were two or more people the taxi would have come out better for you. We were dropped off just in front of where Delta checks in and the entire process was very smooth and efficient with no early morning traffic yesterday.

• Like 1