Let’s “Talk” Spa Cafe on M-Class (especially Summit)

Posted (edited)

New to Celebrity and busy researching our currently booked August 2025 Alaskan northbound cruise on Summit.  I HATE buffets and LOVE wandering around the ship in the very early mornings, enjoying the quiet.  It looks like Cafe Al Bacio (sp?) will definitely be an option to grab a morning tea & pastry, and I have found tons of posts and photos about that food venue.  I have found very little about Spa Cafe, except that their fresh fruit juices and smoothies are not covered under the Classic Drink Package (which is all we have purchased).  Does anyone have a Spa Cafe menu? Do their food options rotate?  Will I be able to sit in the area or is it grab & go?

Thank you for anything you can share.

Edited by MississippiMom

Posted (edited)

Spa Cafe is located in the solarium.

In December 2023 Summit’s Spa Cafe hours were 7am to 10am and 12pm to 2pm.  
It was not open on embarkation day.
Tables and chairs are likely more available in the morning.  
You may have to compete for the tables and chairs with card players and others that plant themselves for great lengths of time.

At lunch we supplemented the Spa Cafe fare with burgers from Mast Grill and beers from the neighboring pool bar.

I did not capture the menu, but our go-to items always include the caprese salad, the pasta salad, and the udon noodle salad.

Bread and cookie options too, so combined with the pasta/noodle salads the situation could be rather carb heavy.

Oh wait!  It’s a cruise.😂

You are planning a great cruise.

I’ve been wanting to do this one myself.

I am curious if the fresh pressed juices and smoothies would be included on the Premium Drink Package?

IMG_1502.thumb.jpeg.e522b4da36be0a12bfa5097756f645a9.jpegOur lunch in the solarium

IMG_0897.thumb.jpeg.745bc09e5850f70fb125d3236ae28f51.jpeg

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I enjoy all the salads, but agree with so many that the udon noodle is great. There are also chicken, tuna and salmon salad patties every day for lunch. Breakfast and lunch food items are the same every day. Menu is mostly for smoothies. The cookies and muffins available are all low or no carb. Good bread sticks at lunch as well. There is always mixed fruit plate and oatmeal at breakfast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

used to have grilled salmon at lunch.. long lines for those orders.   But now just on a  salad plate...some of the baked goods are a bit dry and crunchy..but so many nice choices

.  Agree that Card players should play elsewhere to free up the tables for those eating food!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MississippiMom said:

New to Celebrity and busy researching our currently booked August 2025 Alaskan northbound cruise on Summit.  I HATE buffets and LOVE wandering around the ship in the very early mornings, enjoying the quiet.  It looks like Cafe Al Bacio (sp?) will definitely be an option to grab a morning tea & pastry, and I have found tons of posts and photos about that food venue.  I have found very little about Spa Cafe, except that their fresh fruit juices and smoothies are not covered under the Classic Drink Package (which is all we have purchased).  Does anyone have a Spa Cafe menu? Do their food options rotate?  Will I be able to sit in the area or is it grab & go?

Thank you for anything you can share.

I loooove a buffet at home.  When on vacation I prefer to eat at places where I’m served.  After all, I’m tipping the staff, aren’t I?

I am so glad I have looked at this post!

Loads of cruises but I have never considered here for breakfast. Most days I only want something light. My go to has usually been the Elite breakfast but next cruise my room is really close to Aqua Spa Cafe and opposite end of the ship to Tuscan. This could definitely be the solution! I may miss my Bellini though!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

You may have to compete for the tables and chairs with card players and others that plant themselves for great lengths of time.

At lunch we supplemented the Spa Cafe fare with burgers from Mast Grill and beers from the neighboring pool bar.

I did not capture the menu, but our go-to items always include the caprese salad, the pasta salad, and the udon noodle salad.

Bread and cookie options too, so combined with the pasta/noodle salads the situation could be rather carb heavy.

I am curious if the fresh pressed juices and smoothies would be included on the Premium Drink Package?

IMG_1502.thumb.jpeg.e522b4da36be0a12bfa5097756f645a9.jpegOur lunch in the solarium

IMG_0897.thumb.jpeg.745bc09e5850f70fb125d3236ae28f51.jpeg

Do all ships have tables in the Solarium?  Because I didn’t notice them on Eclipse a few months back.

1 hour ago, Giraffes said:

You can either sit in the area or do grab and go. Some items are prepared to order and require a short wait.spa-cafe-menu.pdf

@Giraffes, thank you for that pdf!  

Oatmeal, granola bowl, açaí bowl, yogurt bowls, fruit plates and zucchini muffins would definitely work for me for an early morning breakfast.  Although I might treat myself to a fresh fruit juice or a smoothie at some point during the cruise, the selections aren’t tempting me enough to upgrade from the Classic Drink Package to the Premium Drink Package.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

My understanding is that the fresh pressed juices and the smoothies are included on the Premium Drink Package.

I had not even considered Spa Cafe for lunch options, but those salads you listed sure sound delicious.

38 minutes ago, chemmo said:

My go to has usually been the Elite breakfast but next cruise my room is really close to Aqua Spa Cafe and opposite end of the ship to Tuscan. This could definitely be the solution! I may miss my Bellini though!

Excellent point!  We are booked in staterooms a bit further forward than normal on several upcoming sailings.  
Spa Cafe will be just a flight or two of stairs up and more convenient than Elite Breakfast.  Sometimes we sail with friends who have not yet reached the Elite tier.  

So, this venue would make for a good breakfast meeting place with them.  

They would also appreciate the lack of crowds compared to Oceanview Cafe.  Alas, no Bellinis. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, chemmo said:

I am so glad I have looked at this post!

Loads of cruises but I have never considered here for breakfast. Most days I only want something light. My go to has usually been the Elite breakfast but next cruise my room is really close to Aqua Spa Cafe and opposite end of the ship to Tuscan. This could definitely be the solution! I may miss my Bellini though!

Enjoy spa cafe!  Then take a nice walk to Elite bkfst for a Bellini!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

My understanding is that the fresh pressed juices and the smoothies are included on the Premium Drink Package.

I had not even considered Spa Cafe for lunch options, but those salads you listed sure sound delicious.

The smoothies and fresh pressed juices are only a small upcharge if you want to try them a couple of times rather than upgrading to the Premium package. $5 for juices and $6 for smoothies (plus gratuity). 

• Like 1

I really like the Spa Cafe, I just wish it was open a bit longer. On the Constellation last fall they started closing it up for the day about a half an hour before it was to close. So make sure you don’t wait till the last minute or they won’t serve you. Also, the smoothies are not that good in my opinion, I like the ones in Blu better, but you have to be staying in Aqua class to get them. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

Although I might treat myself to a fresh fruit juice or a smoothie at some point during the cruise, the selections aren’t tempting me enough to upgrade from the Classic Drink Package to the Premium Drink Package.

You only have to pay a small upcharge for the juices and smoothies from Classic - not the full price. 

Spa Cafe for Breakfast is the best thing ever. I'll usually grab a few items from the buffet and then head to the spa cafe and get coffee there (the coffee at the buffet is always so crowded!) and then have some of the Spa Cafe breakfast items as well. 

On M-Class - the Spa Cafe is the same level as the buffet - just a short walk away. 

Edited by Travel-and-See
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

Do all ships have tables in the Solarium?  Because I didn’t notice them on Eclipse a few months back.

Yes, all ships have tables in the Spa Cafe.  Only there and only a handful.  Not all around the Solarium.

Is there an opening time for the Solarium pool or can you have a pre breakfast swim? I feel ridiculous asking this question after so many cruises but I have never visited the Solarium area before 10.30 ish…

Spa Cafe is a great spot for lunch.   They have small plates on a cold table and also have a daily sandwich which you order at the counter and they deliver to you.   

• Thanks 1

If you don’t like buffets why would you like the Spa Cafe?  It isn’t much different than a buffet.  Both have small plates set out, coffee machines, and beverage dispensers that have cups, and glasses  on trays to use.    

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

6 hours ago, miched said:

If you don’t like buffets why would you like the Spa Cafe?  It isn’t much different than a buffet.  Both have small plates set out, coffee machines, and beverage dispensers that have cups, and glasses  on trays to use.    

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

That’s not buffet.  That’s ala carte.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Since I am new to Celebrity, I have no idea if Spa Cafe is a buffet or not.  To me, a buffet is where you grab a completely empty plate and walk around a bunch of food options and serve yourself whatever you want to eat.  I have zero interest in standing in typical buffet lines or in having everyone use all of the same serving utensils and breathe on all of the food, while they try to decide what to pick.  Pre-plated food in a small venue should be fine, especially since it does not sound like it will be noisy & crowded in the early morning hours.

17 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

It's kind of like comparing a Golden Corral Buffet with the Continental Buffet at an upscale hotel.  They are both self-serve in a way - but the large buffet is very busy, noisy, and crowded.  

I started going to the Spa Cafe just because I could get a cup of coffee without being knocked over or elbowed (slight exaggeration of course! haha) - and then when I saw how quiet and peaceful it was it became my regular routine. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

Since I am new to Celebrity, I have no idea if Spa Cafe is a buffet or not.  To me, a buffet is where you grab a completely empty plate and walk around a bunch of food options and serve yourself whatever you want to eat.  I have zero interest in standing in typical buffet lines or in having everyone use all of the same serving utensils and breathe on all of the food, while they try to decide what to pick.  Pre-plated food in a small venue should be fine, especially since it does not sound like it will be noisy & crowded in the early morning hours.

It’s the idea of hundreds (thousands?) of people touching the serving utensils and sneezing on the food that is a turn off to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

Pre-plated food in a small venue should be fine, especially since it does not sound like it will be noisy & crowded in the early morning hours.

You've described it properly there.  I think you'd enjoy it.

On M Class ships, it's a very easily overlooked space.  First timers may never even run across it through the course of a cruise.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, canderson said:

You've described it properly there.  I think you'd enjoy it.

On M Class ships, it's a very easily overlooked space.  First timers may never even run across it through the course of a cruise.

It will be new to me on Reflection for breakfast after many cruises! We have had an occasional bit of light lunch there on Reflection and other S class ships but I have never looked at it as a breakfast venue. I can see it being a pleasant place to sit for an early breakfast or I can easily take items back to my balcony. 

It goes to show how easily you can get into a ‘routine’ when cruising and miss opportunities to try something you haven’t experienced before. I think I will return to deck plans (as I did when we first cruised) and see what other venues we haven’t visited for a long time or never!

• Like 1