Dining at Sabatini’s

stevenr597

My daughter and her family are booked to cruise on Royal Princess “Denali Explorer”  to Alaska during September.

I would like to purchase a gift card that would cover her expenses for dining in Sabatini’s.  

What is the current price for both adults and children for dining in this restaurant.

Any information would be appreciated. 

18 minutes ago, skynight said:

It's the cost in the above post plus 18%.

when we booked and paid for the Catch and Umai on SUN P - the app showed $45 pp and we were charged $90 for each venue.  Are you stating that we will also be charged an additional 18% once we eat there?   As of now, this is NOT going thru SD credits

No, I had the Sabatini's Assistant Manager make my reservations.  He didn't have an exact slot time for us, but he manipulated the system for the time we desired.  We asked him which day would work best for him.  We had a lot of OBC so wasn't concerned about the cost.  Showed up on our folio.

By the way...I had "friends" in high places (lol) on the CB that did this for several dining reservations.  Interesting how they can work you in one way or another.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

No, I had the Sabatini's Assistant Manager make my reservations.  He didn't have an exact slot time for us, but he manipulated the system for the time we desired.  We asked him which day would work best for him.  We had a lot of OBC so wasn't concerned about the cost.  Showed up on our folio.

By the way...I had "friends" in high places (lol) on the CB that did this for several dining reservations.  Interesting how they can work you in one way or another.

If you are in a full suite they will work with you on specialty dining. We were told last week at Sabatini’s breakfast that. Crown Grill was 100% booked but they would find a way to fit us in

I was in a full suite on this last cruise.  Correct, they will work with you.  But I went straight to the top.  My "friends" were very accommodating, especially since we had to cancel and rebook several times .  Nice to be back home on a ship that I know the staff well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

when we booked and paid for the Catch and Umai on SUN P - the app showed $45 pp and we were charged $90 for each venue.  Are you stating that we will also be charged an additional 18% once we eat there?   As of now, this is NOT going thru SD credits

My understanding a while back was that a SD credit includes the full bill, but paying for SD will involve 18% on top of the base price (which is same as previous base price that used to include the 18%).  So SD pricing went up 18% on the bottom line.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, voljeep said:

had you pre booked and charged the $35 at the time of booking?

On Discovery in April we pre-booked Sabatini’s at $35/pp. & the 18% tip was not disclosed when dining but the 18% tip did get posted to our folio.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

Thanks & will look more closely next time…tip was added to Sabatini’s however not at The Catch by Rudi (pre-booked) which likely was just an accounting error that benefited us. 🤑

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks & will look more closely next time…tip was added to Sabatini’s however not at The Catch by Rudi (pre-booked) which likely was just an accounting error that benefited us. 🤑

so unlimited specialty dining included... at an additional cost of $16.20 for a meal for 2

I can assure you that this is THE tip - nothing more ... sad

Posted (edited)

I believe I read somewhere on Cruise critic, that The Sun Princess is charging more for speciality dining than the other ships???

But I’m not sure if that included the 18% or without it etc.

I just remember somebody posting what their actual charges were.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, voljeep said:

so unlimited specialty dining included... at an additional cost of $16.20 for a meal for 2

I can assure you that this is THE tip - nothing more ... sad

We won’t know for sure until people share their unlimited dining experiences if the 18% tip is added or not. Drinks include the tip so think tip would also be included with unlimited casual & SD.

For those who have the packages’ casual & SD has an 18% tip been added since that was implemented earlier this year to SD?

• Like 1

Just now, Astro Flyer said:

We won’t know for sure until people share their unlimited dining experiences if the 18% tip is added or not. Drinks include the tip so think tip would also be included with unlimited casual & SD.

For those who have the packages’ casual & SD has an 18% tip been added since that was implemented earlier this year to SD?

As a suite passengers we get a complimentary speciality dinner on embarkation night no tip is added. When we pay for one later in the cruise the tip is added. Experience tells that if it is part of the package there should not be an added 18%

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

Embarkation Suite Night dinner at Crown Grill.  No added 18%

Steamers from Plus Package.  No additional 18%

Sabatini's (not included) cover charge + 18%

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It is a hit and miss when trying to book a reservation on the app.  I've only been able to do it ONCE (over many tries).

Just as easy to book it once on board by phone or in person.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, julia said:

If I may....  we have a full suite upcoming, do I need a reservation for the Crown Grill dinner on the first night or can we walk up?

Just call the dine line when you arrive or visit the venue once you board that way you can get a time you can live with

21 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

I believe I read somewhere on Cruise critic, that The Sun Princess is charging more for speciality dining than the other ships???

But I’m not sure if that included the 18% or without it etc.

I just remember somebody posting what their actual charges were.

Yes they are more, $45 pp and a few of them have a much more limited menu, particularly Catch by Rudi. 😥

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, julia said:

If I may....  we have a full suite upcoming, do I need a reservation for the Crown Grill dinner on the first night or can we walk up?

We always pre book our suite embarkation evening speciality dining to ensure we get the location and the time we want. 

I have read on Cruise Critic about quite a few people who do not pre book and still usually get the location and a time close to what they wanted.  I would not recommend walking up at the time you want to eat.  Call or visit the venue as soon as you get on board the ship.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mara4166 said:

We always pre book our suite embarkation evening speciality dining to ensure we get the location and the time we want. 

I have read on Cruise Critic about quite a few people who do not pre book and still usually get the location and a time close to what they wanted.  I would not recommend walking up at the time you want to eat.  Call or visit the venue as soon as you get on board the ship.

Our regular embarkation night dinner is Sabatini’s. We do either call the dine line when we get onboard or stop by the venue if it is on our way to the elevators like on the Grand. We like to eat after 7:30 and never have an issue

34 minutes ago, Mara4166 said:

Agree, I didn't think walk-up would work, however, when I try to book CG via the app, it wants payment.  We'll just book it early on boarding day...

• Like 1