Live: Harmony of the Seas Western Caribbean Aug 25

Obviously, DS and I had to go sit at the pub and play a few rounds of Flux. My favourite bartender Putu was there and as great as always.

Tonight is lobster night - DD went to get pizza, and DS and I went to Park Cafe (I’m officially addicted to those sandwiches).

IMG_5584.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Am I the only person here that didn’t know there was an escalator on this ship?

All part of your personal escape room. Good luck, you have a few days to complete your mission. 😀

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Not offered on our cruise. 😪, if it was, we missed it. 

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read here, it sounds like it usually comes out towards the end of the cruise if liquor sales are lower than expected.

• Like 1

Just now, RobInMN said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read here, it sounds like it usually comes out towards the end of the cruise if liquor sales are lower than expected.

I haven’t seen it before today. I would be VERY surprised if liquor sales were low (unless it’s not counting beverage package folks). There has been LOTS of drinking on this ship 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

So someone decided to combine my two favourite things and make them into something amazing. I said to DS “my two favourite things have become one”. His response: “Alcohol and guacamole?”. 

I bring you, the Avocado Margarita!

IMG_5592.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

We ran up to do the zipline this evening. Got there at 6:32pm. It closed at 6:30pm. Noooo. A little too late, but found the sign with the hours! Will try again tomorrow.

IMG_5588.jpeg

IMG_5589.jpeg

IMG_5590.jpeg

IMG_5591.jpeg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

We ran up to do the zipline this evening. Got there at 6:32pm. It closed at 6:30pm. Noooo. A little too late, but found the sign with the hours! Will try again tomorrow.

IMG_5588.jpeg

IMG_5589.jpeg

IMG_5590.jpeg

IMG_5591.jpeg

IMG_0549.jpegThat Buddha belly (grandson) was a great anchor!

Edited by poocher

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

So someone decided to combine my two favourite things and make them into something amazing. I said to DS “my two favourite things have become one”. His response: “Alcohol and guacamole?”. 

I bring you, the Avocado Margarita!

IMG_5592.jpeg

Yum yum, I’ve had these and they are good! Enjoy your last night 

Tonight was Columbus The Musical. I have one word. WOW. They blew it out of the water with this one. I loved every aspect!!! The only annoying (and rude) thing is the way so many people just get up and leave as the cast are coming out for bows. This is beyond disrespectful. Even if you didn’t enjoy the show, those singers, actors, dancers have just given it their all for 90 minutes. I know it’s not unique to RC but it drives me nuts!!!!!

IMG_5593.jpeg

IMG_5594.jpeg

IMG_5596.jpeg

IMG_5597.jpeg

IMG_5598.jpeg

IMG_5599.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Ran back to the room to get changed and found a message on the phone. The dining room checking in about why we hadn’t gone to any of the meals there. Hmmm. Let’s see…maybe because I made my reservations at times that worked for us and then they all got switched to 8:30pm (which definitely didn’t work). I’m not one to go somewhere on the off chance, so even though we could have gone for my time without reservations that’s just not how I roll. I like flexible dining but I also like to know I’m getting a table at the time I want (hence the reservations). After the first night where they told me we had no reservations other than 8:30 every night, we never went back. No biggie. But don’t ask why I’m not there if it’s because you messed up my times!

• Like 13

3 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I came back to this! Wow! What a surprise and treat. I definitely was not expecting it, and not necessary but really appreciate the service, follow up, and acknowledgement! Officially impressed! Thank you RC!

IMG_5581.jpeg

IMG_5582.jpeg

IMG_5583.jpeg

Dang, real champagne, not sparkling wine💜🍾🥂

• Like 5

I’m totally enjoying your cruise but have been running way behind so I haven’t been replying, just liking. 

That said, I did want to comment on the girls with a bird in their room. We gained a feathered stowaway when we were on Odyssey a couple of years ago and the way our pigeon was dealt with was a totally different experience.

The pigeon, who we named Homer, was waiting for us on our balcony when we came back to our room one day. I went out and sat with him (or maybe her, idk) and realized after several failed attempts to fly off the balcony that Homer was unable to do so. It was too steep a takeoff for him to manage. He was stuck there.

Called Guest Services, who connected me to housekeeping. They said that they get a lot of calls to rescue birds. They were at our room in about 15 minutes fully prepared with any equipment they might need to rescue a bird. 

It only took a few minutes for Homer to be safely captured and placed in a carrier. I was told that he would be taken to a special area they have set aside for animal rescues, checked over to be sure he was ok, and given food and water. We were heading to Grand Cayman the next day and they planned to release him there. No excuses at all as to why they couldn’t help. 

Although we were unable to make port in Grand Cayman as planned, I did run into the gentleman who came to rescue Homer that evening. He assured me that Homer was found to be well and was released right off the coast of Grand Cayman and had probably already joined the colony of pigeons who are permanent residents there.

IMG_9999.jpeg

IMG_9993.jpeg

IMG_9998.jpeg

Edited by perfect match
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Just now, perfect match said:

I’m totally enjoying your cruise but have been running way behind so I haven’t been replying, just liking. 

That said, I did want to comment on the girls with a bird in their room. We gained a feathered stowaway when we were on Odyssey a couple of years ago and the way our pigeon was dealt with was a totally different experience.

The pigeon, who we named Homer, was waiting for us on our balcony when we came back to our room one day. I went out and sat with him (or maybe her, idk) and realized after several failed attempts to fly off the balcony that Homer was unable to do so. It was too steep a takeoff for him to manage. He was stuck there.

Called Guest Services, who connected me to housekeeping. They said that they get a lot of calls to rescue birds. They were at our room in about 15 minutes fully prepared with any equipment they might need to rescue a bird. 

It only took a few minutes for Homer to be safely captured and placed in a carrier. I was told that he would be taken to a special area they have set aside for animal rescues, checked over to be sure he was ok, and given food and water. We were heading to Grand Cayman the next day and they planned to release him there. No excuses at all as to why they couldn’t help. 

Although we were unable to make port in Grand Cayman as planned, I did run into the gentleman who came to rescue Homer that evening. He assured me that Homer was found to be well and was released right off the coast of Grand Cayman and had probably already joined the colony of pigeons who are permanent residents there.

IMG_9999.jpeg

IMG_9993.jpeg

IMG_9998.jpeg

Thank you for this. I had no idea that they couldn’t get off the balcony. Now I feel bad for yelling at the kids.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Thank you for this. I had no idea that they couldn’t get off the balcony. Now I feel bad for yelling at the kids.

Screaming kids weren’t any help to the bird. They only made the situation worse. The poor bird was scared enough already.  Don’t feel bad about asking them to stop. 

Your sloth 🦥 and monkey pictures were adorable! We are booked to go to Maya Key in Roatan but I’m thinking of changing to what you did if they’re not already booked up. I do want some snorkeling time in Roatan though, so I’d have to be sure I could fit that in.

Edited by perfect match
  • Like 3

Just now, perfect match said:

Screaming kids weren’t any help to the bird. They only made the situation worse. The poor bird was scared enough already.  Don’t feel bad about asking them to stop. 

Your sloth 🦥 and monkey pictures were adorable! We are booked to go to Maya Key in Roatan but I’m thinking of changing to what you did if they’re not already booked up. I do want some snorkeling time in Roatan though, so I’d have to be sure I could fit that in.

The company I booked through have lots of options- maybe you can combine with snorkeling!

• Like 1