Artisans Foodhall

Summergee

5 minutes ago, Summergee said:

Does anyone know what time the Artisan Foodhall stops serving luch on embarkation day?

Just trying to decide whether to take sandwiches as we have a late embarkation time.

According to the DP, in May they were open until the Drill started, so about 4pm. Don’t know how much food was left though.

2 minutes ago, DreamingOfSunnyDays said:

Don’t be so certain- we had a full muster

Excellent. Tedious as it is, I do think it is a useful thing to have done. So if they have gone back to that, it is good. Which ship? When?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DreamingOfSunnyDays said:

Don’t be so certain- we had a full muster

When and which ship?

We have had at least half a dozen cruises post Covid and 23/24 have been register cruise card at muster station on embarkation  and watch the safety video in the cabin.

Edited by Victoria2

36 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Excellent. Tedious as it is, I do think it is a useful thing to have done. So if they have gone back to that, it is good. Which ship? When?

I agree, especially if your primary escape route goes through a crew area. On QA in May, people who boarded before cabins were ready were being told to go to their muster stations first, and then up to the buffet for lunch. It felt dismissive, like "just stop by, check in, and then you can forget all about it." 

44 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Queen Anne, Civitavecchia August 5th. Listen to an announcement in the theatre then walk to muster station. Took about 30mins. 

Thankyou, it seems a long time since we have all stood around waiting instructions.We always watch the video, and always check our life jackets.Its the same as when we have a flight.It doesn’t matter how many times we have watched the video, it’s shown for a very good reason.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DreamingOfSunnyDays said:

Queen Anne, Civitavecchia August 5th. Listen to an announcement in the theatre then walk to muster station. Took about 30mins. 

That is a wasted opportunity. We need to walk from the cabin to our muster station.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamingOfSunnyDays said:

I was on the outbound leg from Southampton we just did watch video and check in at muster station. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

I wonder if that was because it was only a partial change over day. Has anyone experienced a full drill in Southampton?

I did a couple of years ago on QM2, split between QR and RCT. Because it was just after COVID I assumed it was "one of those things" in terms of getting back to normal, I didn't think much of it at the time. All my other sailings since then have just been a speedy scan at the muster taking seconds.  It sounds plausible that they have to do it once in a while for familiarity purposes.

Is it expected that, as the older Cunard fleet members cycle through drydocks and updates, they Lido (Vistas) and Kings Court (QM2) buffets will be remodelled and rebranded as Artisan Food Halls?  The traditional buffet as seen on the older ships is pretty old-hat these days with most modern ships being launched with a food-court type arrangement which is both better for passenger flow and more hygienic with minimal touching of utensils by passengers.

I believe QV is due for a remodelling around late 2025 so maybe we will know more then.

3 hours ago, reeves35 said:

Is it expected that, as the older Cunard fleet members cycle through drydocks and updates, they Lido (Vistas) and Kings Court (QM2) buffets will be remodelled and rebranded as Artisan Food Halls?  The traditional buffet as seen on the older ships is pretty old-hat these days with most modern ships being launched with a food-court type arrangement which is both better for passenger flow and more hygienic with minimal touching of utensils by passengers.

I believe QV is due for a remodelling around late 2025 so maybe we will know more then.

Both of the Vistas will likely see their Lidos remodeled simply because they are too cramped. King's Court was just remodeled in 2016 and the result was a model for efficient space usage and easy flow of people. King's Court is also part of the identity of Queen Mary 2 so I doubt it is going to be rebranded into generic cruise ship nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Carnevale said:

Is Kings Court self-serve or do staff serve the buffet foods?

Normally self service. But they do bring in staff service for the main sections if there is an outbreak of Noro.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JT1101 said:

Both of the Vistas will likely see their Lidos remodeled simply because they are too cramped. King's Court was just remodeled in 2016 and the result was a model for efficient space usage and easy flow of people. King's Court is also part of the identity of Queen Mary 2 so I doubt it is going to be rebranded into generic cruise ship nonsense. 

Generic cruise ship nonsense is a tad unfair. The 'Lido' on QA [it will always be 'the Lido' for us] works well hygiene wise and is OK apart from the salad selection needs to be improved and the buffet on the one and only Celebrity ship I've sailed on beats all Cunard buffets into a ***** hat so just maybe, the nonsense part is imaginary.

Edit

The site automatic word police can't spell. The asterisked word has four letters, not five!  😄

Edited by Victoria2

I find it far to easy to get turned around in Kings Court and get lost making my way back to where I was sitting. And having to explore two different areas depending on what you fancy. Also people don't tend to stick to a consistent queueing direction. Much prefer the Lido on the Vista where there is a clear flow. Artisan's Foodhall was ok but I haven't made my mind up about the merits of being served (takes ages and I don't get exactly the portion I wanted) vs self service (grotters can touch things).

And yes, the buffet food could use a bit of improvement. The food in the Sky Princess buffet when I was on last year was incredible and made the Cunard food look rather shabby by comparison. Happily a few weeks later I was on P&O where the buffet food was worse than Cunard and set me up nicely for our next Cunard trip!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Pushpit said:

I did a couple of years ago on QM2, split between QR and RCT. Because it was just after COVID I assumed it was "one of those things" in terms of getting back to normal, I didn't think much of it at the time. All my other sailings since then have just been a speedy scan at the muster taking seconds.  It sounds plausible that they have to do it once in a while for familiarity purposes.

17 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

I wonder if that was because it was only a partial change over day. Has anyone experienced a full drill in Southampton?

Yes, on QM2 in May. The letter in the cabin said it was a requirement of Bermuda to do a full drill every certain number of months (may have been six), so we all had to go to the muster with our lifejackets. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, tacticalbanjo said:

and get lost

I think we know where to find pastries or cakes to take elsewhere for afternoon coffees/teas. 😀 But with Sir Samuels not being Godiva anymore we shouldn't have any reason to go into the place at all, other than to visit Muster Station DE.

Edited by D&N
Thought another space would be nice