Caribbean Princess Dry Dock

AF-1

Hi everyone.  Is there a website that tells you when Caribbean Princess next dry dock is scheduled?  Also does it mention what will be completed during the dry dock?  Thank you very much

At a Q and A session with the Cruise Director and Captain on a cruise in August, the CD said the dry dock is in October 2024. She didn’t say what work will be carried out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Meer said:

At a Q and A session with the Cruise Director and Captain on a cruise in August, the CD said the dry dock is in October 2024. She didn’t say what work will be carried out.

We cruisers in and around central Florida look forward to welcoming the Caribbean Princess to Port Canaveral. We will cruise Princess Cruise Lines for the first time in December '24, right after she gets spruced up a bit.    

Some cabins will have their thermostats fixed/changed out (as told to me by a maintenance worker who came to try to fix my non-functioning thermostat).  I am hoping they add USB lamps to the ship.  I am guessing (strictly my opinion) that most of it will be cosmetic in nature.

59 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Some cabins will have their thermostats fixed/changed out (as told to me by a maintenance worker who came to try to fix my non-functioning thermostat).  I am hoping they add USB lamps to the ship.  I am guessing (strictly my opinion) that most of it will be cosmetic in nature.

the biggest dry dock improvement would be .... to actually staff up for the occupancy.

will be interesting to see how the CB does out of Port Canaveral.  Haven't even checked to see how the pricing and bookings are going, have zero desire to be back on the CB.  

Now when the SKY P comes next year ...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

the biggest dry dock improvement would be .... to actually staff up for the occupancy.

will be interesting to see how the CB does out of Port Canaveral.  Haven't even checked to see how the pricing and bookings are going, have zero desire to be back on the CB.  

I've seen a number of posts where people disparage CB. We've only sailed on that ship one time - 14 day Circle Caribbean - but had zero issues with the ship or the crew. We had a great cruise. I don't understand what the problem is that people say they don't care for the ship.

• Like 7

We've been on CB three times and enjoyed each cruise.  My only criticism is the smell of sewage on the promenade deck (deck 7) outside the door near the theatre on the starboard side

8 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I did not notice a staff shortage when I was on her this past July (occupancy according to YouTuber was 115%).  Crew was the best I have ever experienced on any Princess ship.  

I am just the opposite of you.  I would sail on the CB and have zero interest in the Sky (or her sister ships).

And that is why there are so many options for passengers.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I've seen a number of posts where people disparage CB. We've only sailed on that ship one time - 14 day Circle Caribbean - but had zero issues with the ship or the crew. We had a great cruise. I don't understand what the problem is that people say they don't care for the ship.

We've sailed on CB twice and didn't have any issues either.  We have a Caribbean/Panama Canal cruise booked on CB for 2026 and are looking forward to it.  But then again we also sailed on the much-maligned Island last fall and had a great cruise as well.  

• Like 1

This will be my second cruise on CB (3Mar25);  our first was Feb 2019 and it was wonderful.  I am looking forward to it.  I asked about dry dock since I am sailing and one of the websites I visit said there was drydock scheduled in Oct.  Cheers

On 8/24/2024 at 9:41 AM, Lady Meer said:

I hope it is late October because we have a cruise booked on Caribbean Princess through Oct 20.  

Florida has several cruise ports for Princess: 

West Coast - Tampa - MCS and Carnival (maybe NCL?)

East Coast - Port Canaveral (north/think Orlando/Disneyland) Sun Princess and Caribbean Princess.

Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale - other Princess ships 

Port of Miami/a few miles south of Fort Lauderdale - Holland (maybe Celebrity?)

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Florida has several cruise ports for Princess: 

West Coast - Tampa - MCS and Carnival (maybe NCL?)

East Coast - Port Canaveral (north/think Orlando/Disneyland) Sun Princess and Caribbean Princess.

Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale - other Princess ships 

Port of Miami/a few miles south of Fort Lauderdale - Holland (maybe Celebrity?)

The Sun Princess will be sailing out of Port Everglades.  Only the Caribbean Princess will be sailing from Port Canaveral for now.  The Sky Princess will replace her in fall 2025.  Wish it weren't the case but only one Princess ship will sail from Port Canaveral for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

The Sun Princess will be sailing out of Port Everglades.  Only the Caribbean Princess will be sailing from Port Canaveral for now.  The Sky Princess will replace her in fall 2025.  Wish it weren't the case but only one Princess ship will sail from Port Canaveral for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for updating my "report".  I knew the Sun and the Sky were going to be in Florida....oops...wrong locations.  Is it Port Everglades that will have the new fuel for the Sun?  That was announced....so.so.so long ago. 

Yes, the CB will be transiting the canal for Alaska (I think next season).  Princess is moving around a lot of ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thanks for updating my "report".  I knew the Sun and the Sky were going to be in Florida....oops...wrong locations.  Is it Port Everglades that will have the new fuel for the Sun?  That was announced....so.so.so long ago. 

Yes, the CB will be transiting the canal for Alaska (I think next season).  Princess is moving around a lot of ships.

Yes, they do have LNG at Port Everglades from what I've read.  They definitely have it at Port Canaveral, that was a big deal when the Mardi Gras first sailed.

I will be on the 08OCT24 sailing of the Caribbean Princess, which I have heard the one before she goes into dry dock.  We are also cruising on her 23MAR25.  It will be interesting to compare them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, disgirl said:

I will be on the 08OCT24 sailing of the Caribbean Princess, which I have heard the one before she goes into dry dock.  We are also cruising on her 23MAR25.  It will be interesting to compare them.

Please let us know what you hear on board about what Princess is planning to do to the CB during the dry dock.

8 hours ago, wcflats said:

Ok..educate us as to what the difference is between Ft. Lauderdale and Canaveral?  Get the geographical difference but anything else?   

One can almost walk to the cruise terminal from the airport in Fort Lauderdale. 

Port Canaveral on the other hand is easily a $100 Uber/Lyft/Cab ride from the airport in Orlando. 

• Like 2

Remember that dry dock exists specifically to fix the places that are usually submerged. Yes, they do often optimize the dry dock period by doing other work, but the vast majority of little things that so many people hope will happen are things that can be done and are frequently done while the ship is in normal operation. Dry dock periods often mean that some of the doors are blocked for the sake of the mechanical work they're doing, so they have to be judicious about what other projects they attempt.

• Like 1