The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday August 27th, 2024

richwmn

We actually got a brief rain shower and it measured 0.03 inch.  Just enough to wet the grass.  We'll take anything we can get.

I liked the Mary Poppins books and the movie.  There was enough time between the books and the movie, that the difference didn't bother me.

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I am back from all my appointments.

PCP added a chest X-ray and Echo Cardiogram.  Do not have those results yet.

Doc thinks that the spike in C-Reactive Protein may be a result of having Covid.  He also said that it is not unusual that recovery from Covid could take up to 2 months or longer these days.   He is raising Prednisone only by 1 mg. To see if that will help.  Will see him in 6 weeks.

Ortho visit thinks that Physical Therapy will take care of the partial Rotator Cuff tear and he does not think there is a need for surgery.  If PT fails then we will revisit surgery.  I am thanking God very much right now.  Believe me!

Chest X-ray and Echo were ordered because of the fatigue, Shortness of Breath.  While Doc thinks it is a result of Covid, he just wants to be sure.  Waiting on those results.

So that is where I am.  Thankfully better than what I expected.

Also have a referral to Travel Medicine to make sure we are all set for the Cruise to the Amazon.  

At next visit he will prescribe Paxlovid as a preventative measure because I told him that Oceania charges $2000 for the prescription if one gets Covid on the cruise.  So I can take it with me.  We will do the same for DH’s doctor when we see him in Sept.

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, glad  you got a good report today, and the doctor did not up your dosage too much.  It's good he took chest x-ray and did an echocardiogram to play it safe.  The Paxlovid prescription was good too.  I'm also very glad the surgeon thinks PT will help your shoulder.  Safe travels home tomorrow.  

Lenda

• Like 17

Second cataract surgery was a breeze. In and out of the operating room in 10 minutes and 10 minutes more out the door to the car. The worst was the two hours waiting for it to be my turn. And my wrist hurts from where they put the IV in but I have ice on it so that should be fine. Thank you all for your wonderful comments.

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Boarding the Westerdam this Sunday for 53 days around Japan, we were concerned about being able to get our covid shot before 1 September.  We were able to get ours today at Costco.  We were on the Westerdam in 2020 when covid started and were dropped off in Cambodia to find a way home.  HAL was great, put us up in a hotel, got us tested, and arranged transportation to get us home.  We have been up to date on our covid shots and so far avoided getting it.  Have always got Moderna, but Costco only had Pfizer.  Talked to the pharmacist about it and he thought that Pfizer was less likely to cause a reaction, so we went with it.  Will still wear a mask aboard ship for the first ten days, especially in the elevators.

Ray

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon, everyone!  

Rich did send me the dinner lists to

look over and make changes last fall.  Somehow the second carrot dog recipe got by me.  That is hard to believe as you all know how much I “love” carrots.  You’d think it would have jumped off the page at me, but it didn’t.  Or maybe I thought the true carrot lovers would appreciate it.

I take the comments as tongue in cheek and in good fun.  I make them, too.  I know I missed other repeats as well.  Just wait until I get back.  We will be learning 18,000 ways to prepare zucchini.  It is that time of year!!

Sydney was lovely today.  Sharon @Sharon in AZ and I went to Mudic Island where they sang songs of Nova Scotia and served mussels. Then we pier shopped.  They have some good offerings from n the pier.  

That was supposed to be Music Island.  Fat finger syndrome at work.

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

Boarding the Westerdam this Sunday for 53 days around Japan, we were concerned about being able to get our covid shot before 1 September.  We were able to get ours today at Costco.  We were on the Westerdam in 2020 when covid started and were dropped off in Cambodia to find a way home.  HAL was great, put us up in a hotel, got us tested, and arranged transportation to get us home.  We have been up to date on our covid shots and so far avoided getting it.  Have always got Moderna, but Costco only had Pfizer.  Talked to the pharmacist about it and he thought that Pfizer was less likely to cause a reaction, so we went with it.  Will still wear a mask aboard ship for the first ten days, especially in the elevators.

Ray

Thanks for the info -- I'll head there this week & get my flu shot later....we're cruising in December & I'm an emphysema patient so am very 'Covid boosted'.

• Like 14

53 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Looks like one of the stones is on the move - on way to ER.

This is me, not the cat.

Good luck to you Elizabeth.  This can't be fun!  Will be thinking of you and praying for relief from that nasty kidney stone.🙏

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, summer slope said:

Second cataract surgery was a breeze. In and out of the operating room in 10 minutes and 10 minutes more out the door to the car. The worst was the two hours waiting for it to be my turn. And my wrist hurts from where they put the IV in but I have ice on it so that should be fine. Thank you all for your wonderful comments.

Dixie, so glad everything went well today,  

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Looks like one of the stones is on the move - on way to ER.

This is me, not the cat.

Elizabeth, I hope it oasses quickly, and withiut excessive pain.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@Haljo1935 good luck tonight!  I hope the pain isn't too bad.  

@summer slope glad to read your cataract surgery went so well today!  

@Cruzin Terri I am glad your elevated CRP could having COVID recently.  I am going to beg my pulmonary doctor for an RX for our winter cruise but then would my insurance pay for it?  

@cruising sister thanks for the update on Murphy and that she can enjoy the great outdoors.  

Thanks for all of the photos from Ephesus and beyond. They were beautiful. I have always wanted to go there and Malta but a long airline flight would be involved.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

Cruzin Terri I am glad your elevated CRP could having COVID recently.  I am going to beg my pulmonary doctor for an RX for our winter cruise but then would my insurance pay for it?  

I don’t know if your insurance would pay for it.  But even if they don’t, it is not going to cost as much as they will charge on a cruise ship.  I read here on CC that Oceania charges $2000.  I am sure that i will not pay that much for the prescription in the pharmacy. 

Terri

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good luck to you Elizabeth.  This can't be fun!  Will be thinking of you and praying for relief from that nasty kidney stone.🙏

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

@Haljo1935 good luck tonight!  I hope the pain isn't too bad. 

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Elizabeth, I hope it oasses quickly, and withiut excessive pain.

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. Scan shows 1 stone passing, so they're sending me home w/meds and a strainer.

Scan shows 3 more after this one - oh boy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 11

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. Scan shows 1 stone passing, so they're sending me home w/meds and a strainer.

You have my prayers 🙏 and good wishes too.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Take care of yourself Elizabeth!  I hope you're doing okay today.

• Like 3