Princess canceled my medallion order

Ombud

I just got an email that my medallion order is canceled.

Longish story: my visa was hacked 4/8/24 and early June 2024 probably due to a USAA data breech. So I canceled & reordered my medallion. But that didn't work. 

Instead of getting a USPS shipping number today for my cruise in a little over 3 weeks I got a cancelation email. Now what? Do I reorder? Will I still he Green? (Yes it mattered in Sydney, Southampton,  and Civitavecchia  .... sailing from Southampton in 3+ weeks) 

Not worth getting upset about.  Your original order was cancelled because of the hack.  To get your order accepted a second time would have required calling Princess and probably an hour or more on the phone.  Way too late now.

Thus you will need to pick up your medallion at the pier.  I simply go to the green line and they walk over to the boxes of medallions and grab mine.  Never took more than a few minutes extra.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I received an online notification addressed to me today about an April 30, 2024 breach where my information was compromised. Info compromised was SSN, account #s (yeah we already figured that out), DOB, Passport #, health records, basically everything.

In that the 1st card was used by someone in Florida on 4/8/24 while I was on a ship to Japan their date was off. But 2nd card wasn't accessed until early June. On my 3rd card this year. Experian,  Equifax, And TransUnion have been frozen for 5 years so no one can open an account. But they could potentially spend my money so locking that down or at least making it harder. 

AND it messed up my medallion shipment. Great just great. 

Edited by Ombud

So sorry you are running into so many credit card related issues.  I recently completed a cruise out of Southampton.  Just be prepared for a long queue.

i had my Medallion.  At 10:15 AM, I walked up to an empty ipad agent, was checked in, walked over to the Elite/Suite holding area for a brief few minutes before heading to security (Mayflower Terminal).

The Blue Line queued back and forth about 4-5 times.  I don’t know what will happen to you upon check in. It’s too late to order one.  Will they have a Medallion waiting for you?  

Will it be worth your time on the phone?  Will you actually be connected to someone who knows what they are doing?  If your Medallion was cancelled, is the onboard card valid?  

I’ve had my identity compromised. It is such a trauma and violation.  Good Luck and hope once onboard, you will have a smooth sailing.

17 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

So sorry you are running into so many credit card related issues.  I recently completed a cruise out of Southampton.  Just be prepared for a long queue.

i had my Medallion.  At 10:15 AM, I walked up to an empty ipad agent, was checked in, walked over to the Elite/Suite holding area for a brief few minutes before heading to security (Mayflower Terminal).

The Blue Line queued back and forth about 4-5 times.  I don’t know what will happen to you upon check in. It’s too late to order one.  Will they have a Medallion waiting for you?  

Will it be worth your time on the phone?  Will you actually be connected to someone who knows what they are doing?  If your Medallion was cancelled, is the onboard card valid?  

I’ve had my identity compromised. It is such a trauma and violation.  Good Luck and hope once onboard, you will have a smooth sailing.

We were on the same cruise and checked in at 12.30. There was no line to collect our medallions, we were then sent straight to security - Platinum/Elite - (took about 15 mins) and boarded. In total it took about 30 mins from taxi to Outriggers Bar. We never arrive before 11.15 in Southampton!

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I have never gotten my medallion ahead of time.  it is just too much trouble.  Get it when you bheck in.

DON

They always have some excuse for why it can't be mailed.  I always just get it at check in.  Not a big production.

• Like 1

Talked to my CVP this morning and she said to 'try.' So I just reordered. Then 2 people with the premier pkg posted on the roll call that their medallions were also canceled & 1 order had selected an upgrade!

So strange!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Boku said:

There is no green lane in Southampton, everyone is in the same lane unless you have priority boarding.

I should have priority boarding based on status. So I'm good even if I don't get the medallion at home?

'They' said there wasn't a green (with medallion) line in Civitavecchia(11/23) and Sydney (4/24) but it was there. Haven't cruised out of Southampton since 9/22 but I also can't recall a port without it (age affecting memory?)

Edited by Ombud

2 hours ago, Boku said:

There is no green lane in Southampton, everyone is in the same lane unless you have priority boarding.

I can't say for sure why I could enter the "short" lane.  I had my medallion, was elite in a suite.  This was at the Mayflower terminal.  You had to check in first.  Walked right up to iPad.  There was a long queue for those not.  Then wait in an area (priority) before entering security...and board immediately after that.

Depending on which Carnival ships are in Southampton....Ocean Terminal is default with Mayflower for overflow.  We returend to Ocean Terminal.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I can't say for sure why I could enter the "short" lane.  I had my medallion, was elite in a suite.  This was at the Mayflower terminal.  You had to check in first.  Walked right up to iPad.  There was a long queue for those not.  Then wait in an area (priority) before entering security...and board immediately after that.

Depending on which Carnival ships are in Southampton....Ocean Terminal is default with Mayflower for overflow.  We returend to Ocean Terminal.

If you are Elite you are directed to a priority boarding lane by Princess staff.

• Like 2

I got a message today as well different cruise says unable to process the payment however just yesterday with the same card was able to purchase a shore excursion just fine.  Oh well will just pick up at the port.

51 minutes ago, mgtravelsalot said:

I got a message today as well different cruise says unable to process the payment however just yesterday with the same card was able to purchase a shore excursion just fine.  Oh well will just pick up at the port.

Could be your expiration on the card. Is it past the cruise date?  If so, just use another card.  Or, pu at port.

Or, it could be just part of the App errors!   😮

21 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Could be your expiration on the card. Is it past the cruise date?  If so, just use another card.  Or, pu at port.

Or, it could be just part of the App errors!   😮

no card good for 2 more years and I used the exact same one to book other things just yesterday

2 minutes ago, mgtravelsalot said:

no card good for 2 more years and I used the exact same one to book other things just yesterday

So if your App is up to date, you can sign out of the website and sign out of the downloaded App.  Then, sign back in the downloaded App.

Delete the credit card and Re enter the credit card.  
Then, try to order OM. If still doesn’t work.  Forget it!  I’d just pu at port.

Ridiculous, these are similar issues guests are still having.

Let us know if it works.

We have gotten those notices and still received the medallion by mail. We’ve gotten them and not received the medallion. I can count on two fingers the number of times we have received the medallion as we were supposed to. It’s not a show stopper at all, just irritating that they are so screwed up after more than four years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@PacnGoNow that's what I did yesterday after confirming that I was still able to order. Watched it go from ordered (with pndg charge on my bank app) -> processing -> not yet shipped and then a cancelation email this morning 

is anyone boarding in September getting the medallion at home.... not ordered ..... actually shipped / received?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@PacnGoNow that's what I did yesterday after confirming that I was still able to order. Watched it go from ordered (with pndg charge on my bank app) -> processing -> not yet shipped and then a cancelation email this morning 

is anyone boarding in September getting the medallion at home.... not ordered ..... actually shipped / received?

That cancellation notice seems to be an App error tor the last few months.

But, some stated they did receive it.

How frustrating!

So, @mgtravelsalotit probably makes  no difference at this time, what you do.

Another fix is in store! SMH

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2024 at 12:05 PM, Ombud said:

Hi. DH and I are sailing the Sun TA in September, like most folks we ordered months ago, still no shipping email from Princess. But, I got an interesting notice from my USPS Informed Delivery stating “two packages” were awaiting pre-shipment from Carson, CA. Since I’m not expecting anything else I assume it’s Medallions. But that begs the question, why two packages? Are they shipping them separately now?