No lobster night on 7 day sailings?

I have a cruise at the end of this month on Harmony of the seas. The MDR menu is posted, and it is not showing a second formal night for the cruise (lobster night). I have done many 7 day cruises with Royal, including on Harmony of the seas, and there was always a second formal night towards the end of the week. Was this a recent change? I know they did away with unlimited lobster, but I hadn't heard anything about doing away with it for 7 day sailings.

All I know is that they don't do lobster nights on sailings less than 7. Case in point with Liberty Of The Seas 5 Day Bermuda sailings out of NYC (back in June).

Royal night was day 6 back in June on Harmony but it doesn't show on our cruise for next year. I also see different menu names but other than the missing formal night and lobster it seems the same. I will say Mexican night was awful in June, if you are looking at a night to go elsewhere. The enchilada sauce tasted like the marinara from Italian night.

• Haha 1

I was on the Harmony back in April 2024 and lobster night was on the second to last night of the cruise on The Royal Night. It was absolutely delicious! 

I’ve attached pictures of my meal that night. Should give you an idea of what to expect. 

IMG_2463.jpeg

IMG_2464.jpeg

IMG_2465.jpeg

IMG_2466.jpeg

IMG_2467.jpeg

IMG_2468.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ahahn078 said:

All I know is that they don't do lobster nights on sailings less than 7. Case in point with Liberty Of The Seas 5 Day Bermuda sailings out of NYC (back in June).

We've had lobster on our past couple of six-night cruises, but I can't say for sure if it's on all of them.

22 hours ago, RCTransatlanticLover said:

I was on the Harmony back in April 2024 and lobster night was on the second to last night of the cruise on The Royal Night. It was absolutely delicious! 

I’ve attached pictures of my meal that night. Should give you an idea of what to expect. 

IMG_2463.jpeg

IMG_2464.jpeg

IMG_2465.jpeg

IMG_2466.jpeg

IMG_2467.jpeg

IMG_2468.jpeg

Looks good and delish! Can't wait to experience this on the Odyssey in November. 

8 minutes ago, ocdb8r said:

Just off 7 nights on the Explorer out of Ravenna and no lobster night on this 7-night cruise....

No complimentary Caribbean lobster on European cruises. Never has been.  

We were on the most recently completed (Aug. 25th) Harmony sailing (7-day western itinerary).

Lobster night was Day 6.  This was a change from what the app had been showing leading up to the cruise.  It had been showing a UK night (which I was looking forward to), but then once the cruise started the menu reverted to the more traditional set (with no UK).

I believe this was the order (I'm not 100% certain now about the order of 2/3/4/5)

1. Welcome Aboard (or similar name - prime rib night)

2. France (formal)

3. Italian

4. Caribbean

5. Mexico

6. Lobster (formal - I don't recall the official name)

7. Bon Voyage 

On 9/2/2024 at 5:48 AM, twangster said:

No complimentary Caribbean lobster on European cruises. Never has been.  

Operative words “Caribbean lobster”.  They have supposedly switched to cold water lobster tails (with only 1 per person complementary).  Not sure I buy that.  Still tasteless, that’s why they drown them in butter.

• Like 1

We will be on Harmony this upcoming week for a six night sailing and my app is showing lobster on the menu for day 5 (The Royal Night). It looks like the menu we will miss due to it being one night shorter is the Mexican night.

A side question (but related to lobster)…if you have a reservation at a specialty dining venue on “The Royal Night” can you request a complimentary lobster tail as part of your meal since it is being offered in the MDR that evening? I have read where others have made requests for other items (favorite desserts, etc.) from MDR while eating at a specialty venue so was curious if anyone has ever tried?

13 minutes ago, bjlbbk said:

A side question (but related to lobster)…if you have a reservation at a specialty dining venue on “The Royal Night” can you request a complimentary lobster tail as part of your meal since it is being offered in the MDR that evening? I have read where others have made requests for other items (favorite desserts, etc.) from MDR while eating at a specialty venue so was curious if anyone has ever tried?

As with all things, it depends on the ship and the applicable crew, however, my experience is that they no longer honor such requests.  Might you get lucky and get a MDR lobster tail in your specialty restaurant ?  Maybe…but I certainly wouldn’t count on it.

This used to be a fairly common occurrence but recently, our similar request wasn’t even honored in the Coastal Kitchen when I made the request well in advance.  They told me it was a “food safety” issue.  Please….

• Like 1

Not to make anyone’s mouth drool, but on my Utopia b/b August 23 & 26 there were a ton of lobsters on embarkation lunch.  Wonderful seafood station in both the WJ and Solarium Bistro.  

The half split lobster tails were bigger than the one served in the MDR. 

IMG_2411.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

As with all things, it depends on the ship and the applicable crew, however, my experience is that they no longer honor such requests.  Might you get lucky and get a MDR lobster tail in your specialty restaurant ?  Maybe…but I certainly wouldn’t count on it.

This used to be a fairly common occurrence but recently, our similar request wasn’t even honored in the Coastal Kitchen when I made the request well in advance.  They told me it was a “food safety” issue.  Please….

Good to know! I guess it won’t hurt to ask. If we are successful we can report back later to let others know. It is not a big deal or we would have made sure we were eating in the MDR on that particular night. Just thought it would be nice to take advantage of it if possible. We joked that we could just show up in the MDR long enough to order the lobster and then ask for a doggie bag to go. I’m sure they would love that. Ha!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Not to make anyone’s mouth drool, but on my Utopia b/b August 23 & 26 there were a ton of lobsters on embarkation lunch.  Wonderful seafood station in both the WJ and Solarium Bistro.  

IMG_2411.jpeg

No, THIS is drool worthy lobster!  Fresh from the ocean!!  I look at the color of the shells they serve & have serious doubts those are cold water tails.  Still think they’re using warm water bugs.

IMG_2618.jpeg

Edited by poocher

We are not discussing a twin lobster platter often offered in Maine and other places, but the frozen lobster tail offered in MDR or often on Oasis class boarding day buffets from US based cruises.  The lobster tail is offered on the second formal (or dress your best or whatever they decide to call it) night. 

It is rarely if ever offered on NON us based cruises ,regardless of length.  It is generally offered on cruses 7 nights or more, but occasionally can be offered on shorter cruises.  

Enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Some things update once you board the ship and connect to the wifi.  Our experience is every cruise out of the US with two formal nights has lobster on the second one.  We don't eat it but we see plenty who do.

8 hours ago, Roybthered said:

Well for your information, No Lobster on a Med cruise in the MDR!!!! but available in the specialty restaurants at an extra cost. 

It's pretty well established here that Europe cruises do not have lobster in the MDR.

On 9/3/2024 at 6:19 PM, nelblu said:

IMG_2411.jpeg

IMG_2425.mov

Maybe it's just me, but that does NOT look appetizing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Maybe it's just me, but that does NOT look appetizing.

It’s all in the eyes of the beholder.    Let me just say that they were delicious.  The half lobster were on ice just like the shrimps, clams and mussels.