Free Drink vouchers for Diamond and above

1 minute ago, turtle1947 said:

When are the vouchers added to your seapass card? 

Before you even board. They will scan your set sail pass if you want a drink as soon as you board. Drinks are now loaded every morning around 5am.

13 minutes ago, turtle1947 said:

When are the vouchers added to your seapass card? 

Some odd time during the night like 5 am they reset the vouchers. Old ones go away and the  new days take their place.

12 minutes ago, turtle1947 said:

Thanks for update. I'm guessing they do not load vouchers on debarkation day?

No speciality coffee or fresh squeezed OJ before I hit the road?

I've asked for oj the last morning and gotten it but they knew me by then and I'd been there every morning for a glass or two. I love the oj. A tip cant hurt.

21 minutes ago, turtle1947 said:

It was available on odyssey this summer. The staff we dealt with were surprised we weren’t trying to use more of our remaining vouchers. No tip required. 

3 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

It was available on odyssey this summer. The staff we dealt with were surprised we weren’t trying to use more of our remaining vouchers. No tip required. 

I'm american so maybe that's why I tip for a free drink as I havent prepaid tips. It's a american thing. I didnt say required though. I said it cant hurt that I tip. 

• Like 3

They are loaded on your SeaPass card every day a 5:00 AM and are available on embarkation for use on day 1. Unused vouchers do expire, but you can cash in any unused vouchers prior to the bars closing for any canned or bottled beverage such as beer, truly, soda, or water, and take them unopened to your stateroom for future use.  They are also combinable in that I can use mine for my wife and visa versa.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm american so maybe that's why I tip for a free drink as I havent prepaid tips. It's a american thing. I didnt say required though. I said it cant hurt that I tip. 

Sorry Firefly. I didn’t mean it as a rebuttal. I meant we didn’t know the staff and tipping wasn’t involved but they were freely allowing the use of vouchers on the last morning. They were surprised that we wouldn’t want to. 

52 minutes ago, turtle1947 said:

On Ovation we had Bloody Marys , OJ in the windjammer for breakfast and espresso's from the Promenade cafe on debarkation morning. Three days later we boarded Quantum for 10 nights and were told nothing was loaded on the card the last morning.  Consistently inconsistent from Royal. 

53 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

On Ovation we had Bloody Marys , OJ in the windjammer for breakfast and espresso's from the Promenade cafe on debarkation morning. Three days later we boarded Quantum for 10 nights and were told nothing was loaded on the card the last morning.  Consistently inconsistent from Royal. 

RCI = Royal Consistently Inconsistent 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Ages ago we were able to get a Drinks Package for DW but I'd be fine getting my adult beverages in the Suite Lounge.  This was before Diamond Drinks.  I made no moves to violate the rules but a decently-tipped bartender by the pool made sport of making a drink for her, and whatever she didn't like it he just slid over to me rather than dump it.  A lot of "you're sure he doesn't want anything?"

• Haha 1

They should be loaded as soon as you board. You can use your vouchers at any bar except Bionic and Starbucks. You can also redeem them on sodas, specialty coffees (except Starbucks shops) and fresh squeezed orange juice at the buffet bar.

If for some reason the vouchers aren't there, check with your Diamond Concierge. 

7 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Before you even board. They will scan your set sail pass if you want a drink as soon as you board. Drinks are now loaded every morning around 5am.

We are diamond.  I know that the paper you receive in your cabin says 5 am.  However, every cruise that we've been on has been midnight, not 5 am.  We were just on a 9 night Liberty cruise last week and the diamond vouchers ended at midnight and reloaded then for the next day.

1 hour ago, Jt4428 said:

We are diamond.  I know that the paper you receive in your cabin says 5 am.  However, every cruise that we've been on has been midnight, not 5 am.  We were just on a 9 night Liberty cruise last week and the diamond vouchers ended at midnight and reloaded then for the next day.

That policy changed some time ago and it is now reloaded at 5:00AM and the midnight cutoff is no longer in effect.  The 5:00 AM was in effect on our Oasis NYE cruise this year as we exchanged unused vouchers for unopened canned beverages after midnight all week with 5 new vouchers the next day. Just our experience. Not sure why that would not have been the case with Liberty with your cruise.

From the most recent RCI website C&A T's & C's:

All drink vouchers reset daily at 5:00am and are redeemable until 4:59am the next day.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

22 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

That policy changed some time ago and it is now reloaded at 5:00AM and the midnight cutoff is no longer in effect.  The 5:00 AM was in effect on our Oasis NYE cruise this year as we exchanged unused vouchers for unopened canned beverages after midnight all week with 5 new vouchers the next day. Just our experience. Not sure why that would not have been the case with Liberty with your cruise.

From the most recent RCI website C&A T's & C's:

All drink vouchers reset daily at 5:00am and are redeemable until 4:59am the next day.

Yes strange. But I'm going on allure in December so will check again. Thanks.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm an American and feel tipping has gotten out of hand. It's not a free drink, nothing is free as everything you get has been "included" based on your fare or earned as a repeat customer. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, firefly333 said:

You prepaid tips don't/wouldn't cover your CAS drinks. Tipping is a personal choice more that anything. No matter where your are from. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

It's not a free drink, nothing is free as everything you get has been "included" based on your fare or earned as a repeat customer. 

Understanding that the vouchers have been earned by being a repeat customer, I actually do feel that my C&A tier level complimentary beverages are free, as when I purchase a cruise my base fare is the same as everyone else's.  So unless my vouchered drinks are proportionately buried across the board with everyone's base fare, they are truly a no charge item to me.  And even if they are, the apportioned amount we would all pay for that would IMO be minimally incremental.  And if that is the case I thank you all.....LOL.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

On 8/31/2024 at 2:51 PM, turtle1947 said:

Sometimes…….we've gotten specialty coffee a couple of times.