Norwaylady & Cousin Charlotte reports from steerage class of Infinity 19-28.9.24

Norwaylady

Flight ✈️ boarded on time. 

Bus from the terminal to remote parking…

Flight fully booked. Lucky 🍀 me😇 our middle seat was the only available seat 💺🥳🥳

Captain came on, Hungarian 🇭🇺 air traffic controllers are on strike…. 

So slot time in 1h 20.minutes after our original plan🤪 

We finished up and sent a ready message…. After 20.minutes captain came on and said new time in 20.minutes☺️

We left ATH 40.minutes our departure time. 

Flight ✈️ home is on SAS. 

Operated on a A320Neo. 

Plus/Go configuration 3+3. 

Fully booked. 

Flight time 3h 30.minutes 

We where lucky 🍀 on 3DF, empty middle seat, only one on the aircraft😇

Service was lunch and drinks. 
IMG_1673.thumb.jpeg.0a1962cf186fff3680360affc4a3f0de.jpeg

IMG_1674.thumb.jpeg.4d65a8437877dd3fab0e6adcd798c4c9.jpeg

Crew was a bit off, seemed like the flight from OSL-ATH had operated as a very busy and demanding flight ✈️ 

But we got food and drinks 🥤 So we survived 😂👌🏻✈️💙

We landed 40.minutes after our scheduled arrival time. 

Bags 💼 arrived quickly on the belt. 

And I could walk straight to the train to the city centre😇🍀👌🏻

Charlotte needed to wait 45.minutes before her train was departing. (Since she counting through Oslo) 

Mr picked me up on the train station 🚉 

The cats were overjoyed to see me🥳🩷🤩🐈🐈‍⬛

The worst thing about coming home is to accept that nobody has cleaned the house or kept up with housecleaning duties….🫠😑

Yes, my Monday evening will be a full house 🌪️🌪️🌪️ cleaning 🧹 event🫡 (sometimes I wonder 💭 why i go away and leave a pig 🐷 in my house🤔🤔🤔…..) 

• Like 7
  • Haha 13

On 9/28/2024 at 8:41 AM, Scottishclover said:

Enjoying another great review from you👏 You’ve been in Greece a lot lately. Do you have a favourite port?

thank you💙

I have visited 🇬🇷 a few times now😅

Santorini & Mykonos are beautiful in their own way. They are perfect for DIY and have several options to do. 
But I am a bit “tired” of them. We have visited them several times before, before I started doing live from🙃 So if I can get something elsewhere, I’m happy with it🇬🇷

Rhodes are okey, easy DIY day or plenty of options for tours. 
Not my biggest favourite💙 lovely old town though👌🏻

We did not call Rhodes on this sailing. But I did in May and June/July. (Lots of Scandinavian tourists here😅

Thessaloniki is the 2.largest city in Greece. So it’s a “big” city. Good DIY day and shopping. 
Not bad or favourite, but an easy day to plan. 

Kavala and Nafplio was really nice 👌🏻💙🇬🇷

Really enjoyed it and absolutely a pleasure to visit. No problems to go back💙 

Can absolutely recommend those ports👌🏻

A good mixture together with island stops💙🇬🇷💙

Kusadasi is okey. Not my favourite though. 
Ephesus is really the gem 💎 and why they stop . (And I don’t need to visit it ever time I visit😂😂
If you want to buy genuine real fake items, you are on the correct place😂😂

Hydra in June/July was really a great day. Easy DIY and really our cup of tea💙👌🏻🇬🇷

Zakynthos was a positiv surprise last year💙🇬🇷 Water was so clear and really a great experience💙

On other cruises (not on live) we have called to Corfu. Great island with great culture history and old town. 

Greece 🇬🇷 is different depending on islands and mainland. 
That’s one of the things that makes Greece 🇬🇷 unique 💙 

Next year I will have Patmos as a port of call on the AZ. 
But I really hope X can make some good itinerary’s in Greece 🇬🇷 to other islands than just Santorini, Mykonos and Rhodes. 
Use the other islands! 

• Like 14

On 9/28/2024 at 10:53 PM, vickykay said:

So very much Ed enjoyed your review.  When is your next cruise?

Next gangway will be walked on Milli in Singapore 🇸🇬 
It’s a 12-n sailing, Thailand 🇹🇭 Malaysia 🇲🇾 and Indonesia 🇮🇩 adventure…..

• Like 13

On 9/28/2024 at 11:10 PM, suec12 said:

Thank you for your review and menus! We like fish but often find it disappointing on ships - what is your opinion and any recommendations of the various options. Also did the OV happen to have a lunch where they grilled fresh fish on a large grill at the back of the dining room. They did this one time on a TA and it was VERY good. Thanks!

We have tasted the fish 🐟 in the MDR menu sets and BLU. And Luminae. 

We have a little list of what tasted good and what fish not to eat…. 
X normally do deliver good quality on fish. 
it happens from time to time it’s very “dead” overcooked. But it’s not often. 
When it happens, I usually ask politely if I can get a new fish, not overcooked. 
Then it arrives fresh and as it should. 
I don’t eat salmon for dinner often onboard. (I’m dead tired of it from home 🇳🇴😂)

OV normally does a grill of fresh full sized fish for lunch some days. 
Unfortunately they didn’t get fish for it on this sailing. 
I asked the main supervisor in OV. (I have sailed by him several times💙😂👌🏻🐟 and he knows my love of fish 🐟💙🐟) He said that they didn’t get fish for this purpose… so then no grill…. He was unhappy with it, as he is Indonesian 🇮🇩 and really enjoy it too🐟 

On my May and June sailing they had a fabulous selection of grilled fish in full size😋🐟

• Like 4

Final words on our Greek 🇬🇷 adventure 

Did we have a good time? YES

Is Charlotte hooked on cruising? YES

So I must say, this was a great sailing. The girls had a fabulous time onboard💙👌🏻🇬🇷

Crew was, (as always), very friendly, service oriented and fun💙👌🏻 

They took excellent care of Charlotte and took their time when she needs her minutes to read thru menus, trying to explain or order what she wanted by her self and don’t stress about her English language skills💙💙💙 (she really tries hard and the dyslexia is a real issue for her. Learning Norwegian was hard for her and a second language has really tested her patience) 

Food was good. No big hiccups in taste, look or texture👌🏻💙🐟

Charlotte is a buffet girl😅😋😂 So OV was more attended on this cruise compared to my 10 last cruises😂😂😂😂 

Charlotte really enjoyed the variety of the food and the different options available for breakfast, lunch and in between meals. (Ice cream, pizza and pasta) 

She has tasted almost everything available👌🏻

We had a ruff start in MDR on deck 4 anytime dining. It was a low 4 first night and second night it was a 6. So far from target 🎯 9-10…..

It’s just too chaotic for me and my way of enjoying dinner. (On Edge class ships, this works well and we really enjoy having my time dining) 

Irwin helped us out and we got a table on 2.seating on deck 5💙 Service was great and we had a great time on table 444. 

Fermin, Isatou and Marwin took excellent care of us💙🎯💙10/10. 

Housekeeping has worked well and served us good 👍🏻 (keeping up whit Charlotte is hard😂😂) She has this ballerina 🩰 dance in bed every night… so I just don’t get it… how she manages to strip the bed linen from the bed and just leave it like a mess🤪🫣🤭 

It has miraculously turned on and great again every time we returned back to our home away from home💙👌🏻💙 

Entertainment has delivered💙 live music 🎶 to shows and guest entertainment💙 I’m a bit INF out on the production show and The magic hotel… but other than that, all good 👍🏻 

CD Kelly is a bit of a mystery to me… she is not bad or awful…. I just can’t get the hang of her. 

It’s something about her that just doesn’t make me the magic but I can’t completely say why🤔( I love Aussies, so that’s not the error🤣🤣) 

Martini Bar crew was on fire 🔥 from time to time🎶🍸

Charlotte really enjoyed the flair and the atmosphere🥳 The mixology was amazing for her, close up flair and show from A to B🥳👌🏻🍸🎶 (some benefits of sailing by me and staying in my cabin😂💙) 

Senior crew/officers were very visible💙👌🏻 on all INF cruises this year💙 They are out at night after the show 19.00 and have their inspection rounds now and then during daytime. 

Captain’s Club arrangement has worked out well. Timing is a personal taste, but it worked out well for what we attended. 

I wished that they could do some pretty 🤩🍹 and stylish non-alcoholic drinks 🍸for the captains club event. As some people have understood…. I’m not the biggest drinker. So it would be nice not to have to ask for a club soda instead of a cocktail. Even if it’s just apple juice in a flute glass🥂🥹 

When I want a “proper adult drink” I will drink it, but I’m not tuned for drinking too much of them😂🤪🤭😵‍💫 

No invites to helipad events. (I don’t know if they had anyone🤭 onboard this sailing)

Crew ( note “ordinary” crew) that know me from last year and this year has arrived politely and wishing me welcome back💙 Fun to see you and who is your +2 this sailing? 

Sets a touch of welcome and nice gesture💙 

Did the ship provide a special service or gesture? 

No 

I’m not expecting bells or whistles. (The fabulous crew that knows my habits and knows my “daily routine” goes beyond and over to make sure that I’m all good 👍🏻) 

But it would be a nice surprise if the ship from senior management had said welcome onboard again…. (I’m not that hard to detect😂😂) A card on the bed or just something to say thank you for sailing by us again….. or at least say in person, welcome back! 

I do not bite🤭😂😂😂😅😉 

Ports of call was Greek 🇬🇷🤭💙🇬🇷

Really enjoyed all of them. 

Kavala and Nafplio was absolutely 💯 

You can never go wrong on a Greek 🇬🇷 adventure💙🇬🇷 

Will I return on INF in near future? 

Nothing planned (but you never know what the future brings….) 

Will I be back on X? 

YES

Me & Mr will set sail on Milli for a Christmas and New Year’s adventure from Singapore 🇸🇬

I do looking forward to this one ☝🏿🤩 

Then we do have some more plans in 2025…

It involves Apex and Flora….

And nothing less than 2 new cruise lines…. NCL and AZ

Stay tuned for more details later🤭💙

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

“Greece 🇬🇷 is different depending on islands and mainland. 
That’s one of the things that makes Greece 🇬🇷 unique 💙 “

Now don’t let the ‘cat out of the bag’…

For over forty years we have been land holidaying Greece and the Greek Isles either for one or two weeks at a time and I don’t think we have ever repeated a trip…

Much as I have also loved cruising the Greek islands to enjoy a real flavour add on a one/two week land stay on one of them…

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

and don’t stress about her English language skills💙💙💙 (she really tries hard and the dyslexia is a real issue for her. Learning Norwegian was hard for her and a second language has really tested her patience) 

When I travel I am always impressed by the multi-language skills so many have.  When I was in Croatia the guide explained their system where most people had solid skills in 2 or 3 languages by the time they graduated high school.  Charlotte really should not stress about her English language skills; she is leaps and bounds ahead of most Americans who have no second language at all and/or make no effort when not in an English speaking country.  So good for her for making the effort (and thus building her skills).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for another wonderful review! I have thoroughly enjoyed following your and Charlotte's travels. Cruising in Greece is always a joy and you showcase this beautifully in your review. I look forward to reading your future cruising reviews. 🛳️

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2024 at 2:41 PM, Scottishclover said:

Enjoying another great review from you👏 You’ve been in Greece a lot lately. Do you have a favourite port?

I have not been asked, but I have an answer 😄

Zakynthos is absolutely the best for a cruise stop!

On 9/28/2024 at 8:57 PM, Norwaylady said:

We docked on B the real terminal today. 
So a physical terminal building and bus 80x has starting position from the terminal. 

Oh no, the end of the world (port) terminal. This is so far away from the airport bus x96. Was hoping for terminal A.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

It’s a 12-n sailing, Thailand 🇹🇭 Malaysia 🇲🇾 and Indonesia 🇮🇩 adventure…..

Welcome! Enjoy wonderful Penang and don´t be too shocked how unbearable ugly Port Klang is. 

And thanks for this great review, helped a lot to plan our Infinity cruise in February.

• Thanks 1

Such a wonderful trip for you and Charlotte.  She is fortunate to have such an experienced personal tour guide. Really enjoyed reading your blog ever day. It was interesting,  fun and  educational.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2024 at 11:48 AM, Norwaylady said:

I just have to go back to last week….

Yes, did you see several pictures of northern lights? 

YES 🙌🏻 

It was a blast in Alaska and Norway

We have northern lights in Oslo now and then…

But compared to further north and Svalbard…. It’s not that great and often visible. 

It’s due to the south location and light pollution. 

But you know……

Sometimes the stars and planets are in the zone🤩

Last week was a party

IMG_0198.thumb.jpeg.3e31a02e3a1932a93dd6e3a342534f0e.jpeg

IMG_0199.thumb.jpeg.5992cb338990740ebbdc42b176a5bed1.jpeg

Just to sit out on the balcony and just enjoy the playing sky🌟🌟Go to bed and watch it from there as I fell asleep 😴….

Not just one or two, but THREE days in a row🤩

That’s a great week👌🏻👌🏻

IMG_0200.thumb.jpeg.64f385bf1b030b856d9b08e2a45f12b3.jpeg

IMG_0201.thumb.jpeg.7254e08145e454b3652f935f415e430d.jpeg

Yes, you know…. This IS a sign, go book that Norwegian 🇳🇴 holiday! 

This winter will be spectacular for northern lights

Love your reviews and pictures!  I am booking for the Summer of 2026, and leaning towards the 14 day cruise to Norway and Arctic Circle.  The ports are slightly different on the June and August cruises.  What would you suggest ☺️?

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, darsura said:

Love your reviews and pictures!  I am booking for the Summer of 2026, and leaning towards the 14 day cruise to Norway and Arctic Circle.  The ports are slightly different on the June and August cruises.  What would you suggest ☺️?

Thanks!

Thank you🥰

I assume you are thinking of the 06 June 2026

Skjermbilde2024-10-09kl_09_10_33.thumb.png.7f9c269302cada9dc2ad83f272207a25.png

And 29 August 2026 sailing on Apex.....

Skjermbilde2024-10-09kl_09_11_18.thumb.png.e5497100e64c66d227a625f5aeadf0db.png

I personally prefer the August sailing for ports of call.

Both sailings are great and nothing is wrong or less desirable pick. 

But personally I think it's great that you have a stop in Trondheim, Bergen and Stavanger. 

It covers a great mix of city history and fjords. You are visiting the biggest citys in Norway from number 2 to 5. All of them have several options for history and great places to explore and do activities in and around. 

BUT

I hope that you are aware that the August sailing is late in the season. So the midnight sun has left the building😂 The midnight sun shines from 12 of may to 31 of July at North Cape. The further south you go, the shorter the season is.  

It will be darker in the evening and if you are lucky as this year, it was blast for northern lights already in august....

Good luck in picking your sailing!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

Thank you🥰

But personally I think it's great that you have a stop in Trondheim, Bergen and Stavanger. 

It covers a great mix of city history and fjords. You are visiting the biggest citys in Norway from number 2 to 5. All of them have several options for history and great places to explore and do activities in and around. 

BUT

I hope that you are aware that the August sailing is late in the season. So the midnight sun has left the building😂 The midnight sun shines from 12 of may to 31 of July at North Cape. The further south you go, the shorter the season is.  

It will be darker in the evening and if you are lucky as this year, it was blast for northern lights already in august....

Thank you Alexandra!  This is very helpful!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

Thank you🥰

BUT

Oh no...we booked June 06 for the waterfalls and a little less crowded, along with no chance of seeing the Northern Lights!  I thought both cruises were exactly the same; that’s what I get for not looking closely at both.  Do you have any idea why the ports would be different...time of year, other ships etc.?  

5 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Oh no...we booked June 06 for the waterfalls and a little less crowded, along with no chance of seeing the Northern Lights!  I thought both cruises were exactly the same; that’s what I get for not looking closely at both.  Do you have any idea why the ports would be different...time of year, other ships etc.?  

I dont know the reason. Probably due to space in ports of call. 

Remember they can't dock as in St Maartin 😅

The June sailing will be a lovely sailing. You will have midnight sun! And the call to Haugesund is a nice stop. So it's really not a bad pick. 

You will have a wonderful sailing and lots of great things to look forward to!

15 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

It will be darker in the evening and if you are lucky as this year, it was blast for northern lights already in august...

Any chance this happens earlier in August? We're doing a similar itinerary Aug 7 - 21 2025 and I assumed we'd have no chance of northern lights in Summer. Would be a nice bonus if they showed up!