Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

Any thoughts on booking a "guaranteed"cabin type rather than a specific stateroom within the cabin class. Is there a good chance I would get a better stateroom or would I be doomed to the worst possible?

We just upgraded our Constellation veranda to a "suite guarantee", figuring any 250 square foot Sky Suite would be an improvement over 190 square foot veranda. And it was only about $25 per person for the upgrade.

Well, we got assigned a 460 square foot Celebrity Suite right in the center of the ship! No balcony, but this is an arctic cruise, so the floor to ceiling windows in the sitting area more than make up for it.

So the gamble on a guarantee can really pay off.

We just upgraded our Constellation veranda to a "suite guarantee", figuring any 250 square foot Sky Suite would be an improvement over 190 square foot veranda. And it was only about $25 per person for the upgrade.

Well, we got assigned a 460 square foot Celebrity Suite right in the center of the ship! No balcony, but this is an arctic cruise, so the floor to ceiling windows in the sitting area more than make up for it.

I would still miss my balcony.. Even if it is a little chilly

Thank you, Cathy Cruises, for answering my questions. Assuming the Corning Glass show is on the Solstice group of ships?

I'll take a stab. A hump cabin is where the ship bumps out on either end, and the balconies are larger than normal to account for the space. If you look at the exterior photos of any S class ship, you can see how the ship gets 'skinnier' in the middle--the cabins at that juncture are the hump cabins.

They have an actual Corning Glass studio set up on the top deck adjacent to the lawn area. They offer two or three shows normally on sea days; very interesting, and at some point they auction off what they make. There are also examples of their work on display in various places around the ship.

Concierge/AQ cabins are the same size as regular veranda cabins but have additional services. If you go to the Celebrity website you can read about the additional amenities. IMO and the opinion of others on these boards, the amenities don't amount to much in reality although they sound nice. The biggest perk is that AQ guests have a separate dining room called Blu, which is almost like a specialty restaurant. I think either is worth it if only a small $$$$ above a regular veranda--I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a 7 day cruise personally. You DO get one extra credit on your 'frequent flier' status. Hope this helps

Thank you' date=' Cathy Cruises, for answering my questions. Assuming the Corning Glass show is on the Solstice group of ships?[/quote']

Hi,:) the Glass show is on the Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse but will not

be on Sihloutte or Reflection.

Hi,:) the Glass show is on the Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse but will not

be on Sihloutte or Reflection.

Thanks for that info; I also thought it was on all S ships.

Does Silhouette and Reflection have anything "special: to replace the glass show?

Thanks for that info; I also thought it was on all S ships.

Does Silhouette and Reflection have anything "special: to replace the glass show?

Yes, there will be a couple of new items up on deck 15...one is another

dining venue and the other is "the alcoves". Check the Celebrity website

for descriptions.

I wondered about the Infinity after it's completed it's drydock upgrade?

I don't believe the "Solsticizied" ships will have the Glass Show. I have

not read or heard anything about the M class having it after

they are updated. Maybe someone else can confirm it one way or

the other.

Any thoughts on booking a "guaranteed"cabin type rather than a specific stateroom within the cabin class. Is there a good chance I would get a better stateroom or would I be doomed to the worst possible?

I have only booked a guaranteed cabin once. It was a great deal but I suffer from motion sickness. We ended up with a cabin all the way up near the bow, right where the anchor came out. I didn't mind the noise of the anchor, but I very much regretted the cabin being all the way forward. One night we alternated between feeling glued to the bed and floating above it : )

So, it's not a good idea if you get sea sick.....

Does Celebrity do anything special for you if you have you're birthday during your cruise?

If you let the Maitre D' know, they will bring a cake to your table in the evening.

If you let the Maitre D' know, they will bring a cake to your table in the evening.

And he, the waiter, asst waiter and a couple of other waiters will

sing:D

Here is a little known secret. If you are taking 2 Celebrity cruises and there is a day between when on arrives and the other departs, Celebrity will pay for your room. I know several frequent cruisiers who've taken advantage of this.

Here is a little known secret. If you are taking 2 Celebrity cruises and there is a day between when on arrives and the other departs, Celebrity will pay for your room. I know several frequent cruisiers who've taken advantage of this.

Also, if you arriving at one port eg FLL and are leaving the next day eg Miami...They will pay your transportation between ports as well as the hotel room overnight:)

Wow! I must congratulate you on sharing a very good secret! Please give details how you did that. Thru a TA or online? How did you find out that the upgrade guarantee was available?

Wow! I must congratulate you on sharing a very good secret! Please give details how you did that. Thru a TA or online? How did you find out that the upgrade guarantee was available?

I just happened to check Celebrity's site and saw the price for the suite guarantee. I contacted my TA, and she signed us up. It was a few days before we got the cabin assignment and saw it was a Celebrity Suite instead of the Sky Suite we were expecting.

Fabulosu deal! Never heard or even thought of this. Thanks for sharing

I'll take a stab. A hump cabin is where the ship bumps out on either end, and the balconies are larger than normal to account for the space. If you look at the exterior photos of any S class ship, you can see how the ship gets 'skinnier' in the middle--the cabins at that juncture are the hump cabins.

The hump cabins have standard sized balconies. The angled cabins (before and after the hump) are the ones that are oversized.

On the Eclipse, at least in CC, there is a kettle to heat water for tea or coffee. We were on her out of Southamption. I wish it were true on all ships.

Not just CC Cabins, all cabins if sailing out of Southampton have a kettle. :)

Archived