Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

Does the Summit have nightly receptions for Diamond members? If so, what is the time and what drinks are offered? Things change rapidly so just thought I'd inquire as we're leaving next week on the Summit. Thanks,

Hi Susie, Celebrity offers Elite Perks, including once in the morning and then in

the afternoons. Mornings are 8-10am, coffees, teas, pastries, lattes,

cappuchinos, bloody marys, etc.....

Afternoons are 4:00-6:00. I cannot think of all the drinks but if you

do a search I know people have posted the menus. There are about

a dozen drink offerings along with appetizers. Complimentary for

Elite members.

Enjoy SUMMIT:)I will be sailing her for my 4th time next month:D

Another secret. You can ask for fresh berries as a starter on Celebrity........
Or for dessert. It's really not a secret as it has been available for years. Unfortunately, people like me who have no willpower often order a scoop of ice cream with the berries, which kind of negates some of the advantage of ordering the berries instead of a regular dessert.

Unfortunately, people like me who have no willpower often order a scoop of ice cream with the berries, which kind of negates some of the advantage of ordering the berries instead of a regular dessert.

That is still better than my situation. I sometimes end up indecisive between the Creme Brulee and the Cheesecake and the waiter solves the problem by brining both!

we are going on the summit for the repo in april from what I have been reading we get a free bottle of sparkling wine... now im wondering if they have sparkling apple juice? we will have our kids with us and we dont drink wine does anyone know if we can get that instead? thanks dawn

On the M class ships, if escargot isn't on the menu, they can be still be ordered every night in the MDR. On the S class ships you won't find a nice pitcher of water and bucket of ice in your room. They insist you buy the bottled water. Insist on the pitcher of water (which is perfectly fine to drink), and you will find it filled twice a day like clockwork.

• 3 weeks later...
That is still better than my situation. I sometimes end up indecisive between the Creme Brulee and the Cheesecake and the waiter solves the problem by brining both!

This happened to me, except I asked if I could still get tiramasu even though it was not on the menu that night. The waiter brought out a different dessert and acted very sorry as he produced from behind his back a plate with tiramasu on it!

• 2 months later...

Celebrity has had a change of policy about 6 months ago. Now when you book a future cruise onboard, if you wish to transfer that booking to a travel agent, you must do so within 60 days. Otherwise, the transfer will be denied. Word of warning. I saw no where news of this change.

Celebrity has had a change of policy about 6 months ago. Now when you book a future cruise onboard, if you wish to transfer that booking to a travel agent, you must do so within 60 days. Otherwise, the transfer will be denied. Word of warning. I saw no where news of this change.

It was talked about on the cruise critic boards.

from FAQ

How can I transfer my direct booking to a travel professional?

Subject: General Guest Policies

Bookings may be transferred to a Travel Agent up to 60 days from their creation if the request is made outside of the Final Payment period and the booking is not paid in full.

If a booking has a ChoiceAir ticket or the transfer request involves a change in currency we cannot accommodate a transfer.

One of the newest and best kept secrets are the professional photographers on the S-class ships. We sailed Eclipse and Gary was wonderful. We spent an hour in his studio and then setup an hour to have him take us around the ship. Amazing photos.

There was no sitting fee and we could have walked away and purchased nothing. Instead, we fell in love with our photos and decided to purchase a photo album book that has professional layout. It seems like this is the new trend with things like Wedding photographs. We also purchased some of the prints and are really happy with the product.

A lot of people think "cruise ship photographer" and the first thing that comes to mind is someone interrupting your dinner. This was much more like engaging a photographer for a wedding or for your child's senior class photo shoot. It was an absolutely amazing experience!

1.jpg.79447ca8cf181a1d9b567357f5ac8d36.jpg

2.JPG.2213b853961cd3dd03fb2ea720dab934.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I'm absolutely new to Celebrity, will be sailing through panama in september:

does anyone know how much is the spa now?

is there adaily pass or di you have to get a whole cruise pass?

• 3 weeks later...
One of the newest and best kept secrets are the professional photographers on the S-class ships. We sailed Eclipse and Gary was wonderful. We spent an hour in his studio and then setup an hour to have him take us around the ship. Amazing photos.

There was no sitting fee and we could have walked away and purchased nothing. Instead, we fell in love with our photos and decided to purchase a photo album book that has professional layout. It seems like this is the new trend with things like Wedding photographs. We also purchased some of the prints and are really happy with the product.

A lot of people think "cruise ship photographer" and the first thing that comes to mind is someone interrupting your dinner. This was much more like engaging a photographer for a wedding or for your child's senior class photo shoot. It was an absolutely amazing experience!

How much was the album and how many pictures did it contain? This sounds like a wonderful keepsake!

Terminology I see tossed about, but never really explained:

What's a "hump cabin" and how does one recognize it on a deck plan?

What's the "hot glass show" and when/where is it offered?

Concierge class vs. Aqua Class - Is it the service, or are there certain cabins associated with both? Are they suites?

Haven't read the entire thread so forgive me if this has be discussed. If you book a B2B on board they give you the OBC of a 14 day cruise. That's $300 rather than $100 for each segment. You may need to ask for this as it is unadvertised.

Haven't read the entire thread so forgive me if this has be discussed. If you book a B2B on board they give you the OBC of a 14 day cruise. That's $300 rather than $100 for each segment. You may need to ask for this as it is unadvertised.

Sorry. no.....You'll get two 7-day OBC's.....1 for each leg. You will likely get a reduced deposit for each....Also, on Celebrity...you can get a cabin upgrade within cabin type..........

Sorry. no.....You'll get two 7-day OBC's.....1 for each leg. You will likely get a reduced deposit for each....Also, on Celebrity...you can get a cabin upgrade within cabin type..........

Just ask on your next cruise. You might be surprised. This will not work if you book while off the ship.

Terminology I see tossed about' date=' but never really explained:

What's a "hump cabin" and how does one recognize it on a deck plan?

What's the "hot glass show" and when/where is it offered?

Concierge class vs. Aqua Class - Is it the service, or are there certain cabins associated with both? Are they suites?[/quote']

I'll take a stab. A hump cabin is where the ship bumps out on either end, and the balconies are larger than normal to account for the space. If you look at the exterior photos of any S class ship, you can see how the ship gets 'skinnier' in the middle--the cabins at that juncture are the hump cabins.

They have an actual Corning Glass studio set up on the top deck adjacent to the lawn area. They offer two or three shows normally on sea days; very interesting, and at some point they auction off what they make. There are also examples of their work on display in various places around the ship.

Concierge/AQ cabins are the same size as regular veranda cabins but have additional services. If you go to the Celebrity website you can read about the additional amenities. IMO and the opinion of others on these boards, the amenities don't amount to much in reality although they sound nice. The biggest perk is that AQ guests have a separate dining room called Blu, which is almost like a specialty restaurant. I think either is worth it if only a small $$$$ above a regular veranda--I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a 7 day cruise personally. You DO get one extra credit on your 'frequent flier' status. Hope this helps

Any thoughts on booking a "guaranteed"cabin type rather than a specific stateroom within the cabin class. Is there a good chance I would get a better stateroom or would I be doomed to the worst possible?

Depends on the popularity of the cruise; I can think of a few ships and sailings where there would be little chance.

Archived