New Cruise Ship Nurse - Zuiderdam 9/1 - 15

NurseGeorge

Recently met Nurse George on the Westerdam. Super nice guy. My wife and I were invited to a private Captain's party in the Crow's Nest and Nurse George introduced himself. He's still full of excitment and obviously enjoys his job. But as you've guessed by now, he's not able to participate on these boards.

HAL-- you've got a great ambassador!

How fun you brought this wonderful thread forward. I so enjoyed reading it as NurseGeorge posted it and it's great to have the chance to read it again.

How nice of George to introduce himself to you both. I know I'd enjoy meeting him. :)

Hope you had a fabulous cruise.

Hello All -

Someone told me to check out the last post on here and I was happy to see it still being read. I read a bit myself and realized how far I have come in my most recent time aboard ship. I will be getting off of the Westerdam on May 25th after two months at sea and I have had an amazing experience.

I will be certifying as a Nurse Practitioner in Seattle on May 28th and hope to carve out some time to come back aboard, ESPECIALLY the Westerdam which has been my home away from home for what seems like a wonderful lifetime.

All of the HAL ships have their special feel and wonderful crew but there will be that one experience or certain person or people that makes for a lifetime of memories. The Westerdam has a special berth in my heart!

Hugs,

NurseGeorge

• 6 years later...

I might need to change my moniker...I am a DrNurseGeorge now...I was just reading some of the posts here from years ago and delighting in how fun these posts were.

My Husband, Travis and I will be taking a Noordam Cruise on February 27th for my 49th birthday. I will check in on the Roll Call board to see if anyone wants to say hi and eat birthday cake.

I might need to change my moniker...I am a DrNurseGeorge now...I was just reading some of the posts here from years ago and delighting in how fun these posts were.

My Husband, Travis and I will be taking a Noordam Cruise on February 27th for my 49th birthday. I will check in on the Roll Call board to see if anyone wants to say hi and eat birthday cake.

At first glance, when I read the 1st post, I WAS going to give a Date alert to all that read this, thinking it was a new post....UNTIL I saw that it was you, the OP that actually has come back after the final post, May 19th, 2008 06:25 PM to give us new info:)

Wow!! 8 years from first to 7 years since the last one is amazing, and welcome to see:)

Will be happy to read about everything since and what is going to come:)

Joanie

Hi George

I remember you from the Westerdam -- I think it was in 2008.

We were just on the Noordam in November.

Happy Birthday!!

HI George :) I so wish I could join you and Travis to celebrate your B Day but my vacation time is so limited with working two jobs. But I am glad you are getting a chance to go on the Noordam. I am sure it is going to bring back lots of fond memories..... now just don't get the bright idea to go down to the Infirmary and start working ;) I know you are going to have a blast :D

Oh my,

When I first saw the thread title and OP's name, I thought 'Nurse George is back on the ships?!!" :D I knew he had moved on in his career to other things.

Then I looked at the date of the Opening Post......... :D

So good to hear from you, George. Sounds like all is well with you. :)

How wonderful you will sail the beautiful Noordam for your upcoming birthday.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by sail7seas

Congratulations Dr.NurseGeorge ! I wish you were on the Zuiderdam Feb 13th sailing; I'd love to meet you and share a piece of birthday cake with you and your hubby! Best wishes for a wonderful cruise and a beautiful future.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Having read every single one of your posts on this thread, and enjoyed them all, I now find out you are going to be on MY cruise on the Noordam. Hope I get to meet you both. Have a wonderful Birthday Cruise.

What is a DrNurse, please? We don't have them here.

My guess is that Nurse George has become a Doctor in the years since he posted of his onboard experience.

We don't have Dr.Nurse in Canada and I'm fairly sure they don't in the US, either.

Nurse George, or Dr George, thank you for bringing this thread forward. I quite enjoyed reading of your experiences onboard. I hope we'll hear more from you in the future.

I'm sure Dr. Nurse will come on and clarify his educational status but nurses can get a doctorate in nursing. They teach nursing, run hospitals and pretty much can do whatever that want! Nurses can become NP's. PA's go to school to become PA's. It is my understanding they aren't nurses.

I'm sure Dr. Nurse will come on and clarify his educational status but nurses can get a doctorate in nursing. They teach nursing, run hospitals and pretty

From the C.V. I read, DrNurse has a Doctorate in Nursing Practioner. The DNP is intended to prepare a registered nurse to become an independent primary care provider. The degree is a doctorate though several states do not allow a DNP to call themselves "Doctor" and a couple of States require the DNP to state to his patients that he is not a MD.

Incidentally, lawyers in the US have a Juris Doctor degree but the ABA does not allow them to use the term "Doctor".

This has really nothing to do with what I consider a splendid Blog on his part.

• 8 months later...