Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

Danke Schon, Anders, Herr Dinotoll und Captain Rhone. Ausgezeichnet!

Not to be a bugger or anything, but it kinda looks like a big box of balcony cabins. Doesn't matter, I'll be on board this beauty in 100 days!

Hello to all SOLSTICE shiplover friends at cruise critic :D, I just return from the shipyard Meyer werft and all pls have a look at these exclusive brand new pics I shot from this fascinating new ship. The chimneys will be fitted on monday.

Solstice.JPG

Solstice2.JPG

Solstice3.JPG

Solstice5.JPG

Solstice6.JPG

Any idea which stateroom those port holes on the aft belong to? Is it the S1 Sky Suite on the aft or is it the C1 Concierge Class on the side? Thanks.

@ TITISA

May be its heplfully sharing to you a detail photo of the rear . First one is from Saturday when I visited the shipyard just befor the floating.

Second one from Sunday.

My wife and I did book the Aqua Class Stateroom No 1566...

p1040428ts0.jpg

p1040688pd2.jpg[/

Any idea which stateroom those port holes on the aft belong to? Is it the S1 Sky Suite on the aft or is it the C1 Concierge Class on the side? Thanks.

Yes those would be the S1 Sky Suites..Have mine booked for 2010 already....Oh and the life boats on the starboard side are new since yesterday

Yes those would be the S1 Sky Suites..Have mine booked for 2010 already....Oh and the life boats on the starboard side are new since yesterday

Awesome! The sky suite has a porthole, floor to ceiling windows and a sliding glass door leading to the angled verandah. That's pretty good.

Thank you for the great pictures, Dinotoll.

Danke Schon, Anders, Herr Dinotoll und Captain Rhone. Ausgezeichnet!

Not to be a bugger or anything, but it kinda looks like a big box of balcony cabins. Doesn't matter, I'll be on board this beauty in 100 days!

Yeah, I am thinking the same thing. Where on ship (other than my balcony) where I will be able to relax and enjoy the ocean? I will find out in a few months, but I really enjoy the fact that I can enjoy the ocean from multiple vantage points on the M class ships.

I still feel they should put a big x on one of the funnels.

:) ABSOLUTELY !! Every cruise line has its '' ID '' reporting marks on/near the funnel....and the traditionnal '' X '' is as classy as it gets...I've always wondered why no accomodation has been made for the ''new'' Solstice class to bear the ''X'' with pride, for the world to see !!!.

I suspect this may yet come to fruition at some point....

Cheers

;)

I still feel they should put a big x on one of the funnels. The X on the glass of the hump doesn't show up nearly as much as in the renderings.

I noticed those Xs awhile ago & have been wondering if that X is going to impede our view when we are in the hump cabin sitting down on the balcony or looking out from within??...

I noticed those Xs awhile ago & have been wondering if that X is going to impede our view when we are in the hump cabin sitting down on the balcony or looking out from within??...

It doesn't look as though it would. They actually look more transparent that the regular glass.

That X on the glass of the balcony is more a shadow and isn't able to disturb the view.On the computeranimated pictures its more bigger but in reality its only a little bit intransparent and not spectacular.You have to look closely ever to discover it.Hope they will not paint it in dark blue...:D

p1020978zw9.jpg

Does anyone know what the white structures are that are on the starboard side, immediately forward and aft of the front set of lifeboats?

Hypo

I did not see the same type of structures on the port side.

OK, so everyone is a critic, but I'm missing the "X." The faint one set into the balcony glass isn't enough for me. Sorry to disagree with you, Herr Dinotoll, but I would like to see the "X" far more pronounced. Right now, the ship looks like stacks of balcony cabins. It's missing something. She's still beautiful, don't get me wrong, but I think I'd like to see the "X" darker, or perhaps on the funnel where one belongs. My two cents.

Selfishly , being a hump balcony fan, I hope the X stays subtle & does not block the view..

If they want to X it up anyplace else that's fine with me...the X logo to me really is not that important..for me it is the beauty of the ship itself--inside & out & the experience on board...

Keep those wonderful photos coming!

Keep those wonderful photos coming!

They ARE great pictures!

I don't understand how the tinted hump balcony railing is obstructing the view. The railing wont be any larger, just darker.

I think the idea is that the railing AND the glass below it will be tinted.

Archived