All Things Freedom of the Seas!

For now, not sure if the scrubber install will change that

Hoping that it stays that way fit our b2b in March. The last time we sailed on Freedom, they had ping pong tables out there. W LOVED the outdoor area on Adventure last year!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I saw menus posted back in March or so of 2015. I'm trying to plan out what nights to skip MDR on our April cruise (Eastern). Does anyone know if those menus/schedule are still pretty accurate?

it said:

Sunday Mojo

Monday (formal) Saffron

Tuesday ****ake

Wed - Pimiento

Thurs- Basil

Fri- Jasimine (formal, the night with Lobster)

Sat- Pomodoro

thanks!

Hi all,

How formal are formal nights on freedom? Can my husband get away with a shirt and tie? Us ladies will get dressed so hopefully we can make him look more formal? ;)

Dress suggestions are not enforced. Your husband can wear whatever he wants.

I have a simple question which I cannot seem to find the answer for. Does Freedom have the Coke Freestyle machines. As a perk from TA we get a soda package. We were on Oasis but unsure if Freedom has it as well.

Yes she does. WJ and the Promenade

I have a simple question which I cannot seem to find the answer for. Does Freedom have the Coke Freestyle machines. As a perk from TA we get a soda package. We were on Oasis but unsure if Freedom has it as well.

Absolutely yes. 4 in the windjammer, 2 on the Royal Promenade, and I was told one in the youth area.

Hi,

I saw menus posted back in March or so of 2015. I'm trying to plan out what nights to skip MDR on our April cruise (Eastern). Does anyone know if those menus/schedule are still pretty accurate?

it said:

Sunday Mojo

Monday (formal) Saffron

Tuesday ****ake

Wed - Pimiento

Thurs- Basil

Fri- Jasimine (formal, the night with Lobster)

Sat- Pomodoro

thanks!

I would like to know this, as wll.

Thanks

Edited by jaimevoyager

Hi, going of Freedom , Eastern, in December with my niece. I am wondering if it is possible to know the menu rotation? I see the ones for the present 7 day out of port canaveral but in Dec she will be out of Port Everglades. Anyone know?

Thanks

Edited by junior8
my name

Hi, going of Freedom , Eastern, in December with my niece. I am wondering if it is possible to know the menu rotation? I see the ones for the present 7 day out of port canaveral but in Dec she will be out of Port Everglades. Anyone know?

Thanks

No way to know until the ship starts sailing out of Port Everglades.

• 1 month later...

We recently booked the Freedom TA out of Barcelona for October 2017. It will be our first experience on a Freedom Class ship. I hope this thread continues to have great advice! I would love to see recent pictures.:)

Question - my DH and I like to walk a couple of miles late at night. I am not sure how the running track works on this ship. Looking at the deck plans it seems to end at the bow. Do you turn around there and reverse your direction? Seems odd. We love the protected track on the Oasis Class ships, but any track will do. In bad weather we will create an indoor route, but I do prefer to walk outdoors. Also, how late does the Fitness Center stay open at night?

We recently booked the Freedom TA out of Barcelona for October 2017. It will be our first experience on a Freedom Class ship. I hope this thread continues to have great advice! I would love to see recent pictures.:)

Question - my DH and I like to walk a couple of miles late at night. I am not sure how the running track works on this ship. Looking at the deck plans it seems to end at the bow. Do you turn around there and reverse your direction? Seems odd. We love the protected track on the Oasis Class ships, but any track will do. In bad weather we will create an indoor route, but I do prefer to walk outdoors. Also, how late does the Fitness Center stay open at night?

I am not positive, but I believe the track used to continue all the way around the bow and after the last dry dock they added some panoramic ov cabins which interrupted the track.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The running track is continuous and now runs aft of the opening to the Solarium below. I believe the fitness center is open until 10pm or 10:30pm.

Now that you are going on Freedom, I'll make sure to chime in often. You know how much I like this ship. The running track on deck 12 is around .4 miles and can be windy. You can walk around the promenade deck 5 on the outside and it looks like the track on Oasis, but when you get to the bow you go up about 8 stairs, accross the bow and back down to the promenade. There are cabins right below these, but I know you and Steve aren't marathoners running hard and fast :) Walking probably wouldn't be an issue late at night. you will encounter smokers hanging out on the port side.

Edited by BillOh

I am not positive, but I believe the track used to continue all the way around the bow and after the last dry dock they added some panoramic ov cabins which interrupted the track.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The running track is continuous and now runs aft of the opening to the Solarium below. I believe the fitness center is open until 10pm or 10:30pm.

Thank you both. I guess we will figure it out. Due to bad knees I don't do stairs well, but can walk on a flat surface quite a distance. I hope I do ok with the level changes. Otherwise, I guess we will just double back! I wish the FC would be open until midnight, but I guess we are in the minority when it comes to preferred times to get our exercise. But then, I work the night shift, too!

Thank you both. I guess we will figure it out. Due to bad knees I don't do stairs well, but can walk on a flat surface quite a distance. I hope I do ok with the level changes. Otherwise, I guess we will just double back! I wish the FC would be open until midnight, but I guess we are in the minority when it comes to preferred times to get our exercise. But then, I work the night shift, too!

The running track on deck 12 use to go all the way to the bow, but then they shortened it up and put cabins at the front of the ship and added a sun deck above those cabins. You get to them via a staircase. Recognize the lady on the staircase?

trackendshere.jpg

The track turns before this and basically does a lap around the pool and H20 zone. You may find some deck chairs out of place to navigate around.

Edited by BillOh