All Things Freedom of the Seas!

I believe they do. Depending on when you cruise is, don't count on the ability to stream movies over the internet, as I do not think FOS has been fitted with Voom Internet capabilities yet. You would have to have your movies downloaded on to your device prior to arriving on the ship. They other obstacles may be that the remote control may not allow you to change tv inputs? Samsung's peel app is the best IR remote control app that I have found to circumvent hotels and cruise ships from limiting tv usage.

Thanks for the reply. I was planning on downloading the movies and TV series. Are the TV's Samsung or is this remote app Universal? I was not able to find it on Apple's app store. Sorry, just found it on the iPhone only section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruising Bonnie

I dont, but I have been able to set the app up for all of my test at home (even a Dynex), cable boxes, and Roku. It's only necessary on the ship if the remote (or there is no menu button on the side of the TV) doesn't allow you to change inputs. I have heard that there are some channels for the crew that aren't programmed into the guest's tvs also. That might be interesting.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The supplied remote doesn't have acess the the input selection, but you might be able to get it through buttons on the TV ,never tried it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

If you are in a suite you have a game console (x box I believe) we've never used it, so I've never looked. How do you change from TV to game input without it being on the remote? Maybe a different remote for suites?

If you are in a suite you have a game console (x box I believe) we've never used it, so I've never looked. How do you change from TV to game input without it being on the remote? Maybe a different remote for suites?

Pretty sure the console is a PS3

We are not in a Suite but I will bring some cables, download some remotes on my devices and see what happens. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and research. I will report back if it goes well. Plan B is to watch our preloaded movies on my iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me if Diamond plus members are still allowed into the lounge on the Freedom of the seas? Thank you in advance!

As of today, Diamond Plus members are still allowed in the Concierge Lounge and Diamond Lounge on Freedom. However, that can change at any time, including the likelihood of the Concierge Lounge being eliminated.

As of today, Diamond Plus members are still allowed in the Concierge Lounge and Diamond Lounge on Freedom. However, that can change at any time, including the likelihood of the Concierge Lounge being eliminated.

Bob, never picked you as a glass half empty kinda guy.

• 2 months later...
how is the running track with the new cabins on deck 12? Does anyone have pictures, it used to be my favorite place for sail away.

Here is the expanded San Tropez, one deck above the old track. Glass is higher, this was from June. there may be more lounges up there nowry%3D480

how is the running track with the new cabins on deck 12? Does anyone have pictures, it used to be my favorite place for sail away.

Adding to John's photo above, its not such a great place for sailaway. The glass wall is about 8 feet high and subject to sea spray and the visibility wasn't good when we thought about being there.

Adding to John's photo above, its not such a great place for sailaway. The glass wall is about 8 feet high and subject to sea spray and the visibility wasn't good when we thought about being there.

Helicopter pad is a great sail away location

ry%3D480

Close up from Jetty Park

ry%3D480

And if the weather is bad, the life raft area next to the HP is OK

ry%3D400

You never want to see this view

ry%3D480

Best ship from the best port

ry%3D480

Windjammer lunch is one of my most anticipated benchmarks indicating the cruise has officially started! Closely followed by the hallway doors being open, indicating the cabin is ready. Luggage arrival. And first dinner in the MDR, meeting table mates and wait staff!

There are some of my favorite things!