All Things Freedom of the Seas!

The running track on deck 12 use to go all the way to the bow, but then they shortened it up and put cabins at the front of the ship and added a sun deck above those cabins. You get to them via a staircase. Recognize the lady on the staircase?

The track turns before this and basically does a lap around the pool and H20 zone. You may find some deck chairs out of place to navigate around.

Hi Gina!:D

Thanks for the picture, Bill. As they say, it is worth a thousand words.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

Thank you both. I guess we will figure it out. Due to bad knees I don't do stairs well, but can walk on a flat surface quite a distance. I hope I do ok with the level changes. Otherwise, I guess we will just double back! I wish the FC would be open until midnight, but I guess we are in the minority when it comes to preferred times to get our exercise. But then, I work the night shift, too!

Just to elaborate in case of confusion.

Some folks walk on the outside promenade on deck 4. This does have stairs at the forward end that you would have to use if you don't want to turn around and go the other way.

The running track on deck 12 is continuous, no stairs.

We booked 12/30/15 for FOS on 2/12/17 with a balcony in category E3. I can't wait. Haven't cruised on Royal before just on Carnival and Disney and have never had a balcony. Love reading all the reviews and tips on CC. Thanks!

Am so excited about this cruise that we booked another one on Brilliance with our DD for Spring Break 4/8/17 this one on Deck 3 with ocean view.

Edited by SunshineMom68

Some folks walk on the outside promenade on deck 4. This does have stairs at the forward end that you would have to use if you don't want to turn around and go the other way.

Just off of FOTS a couple of weeks ago. The track on Deck 12 is continuous but difficult to use after about 8:00AM. I used Deck 4 for walking. On Deck 4 outside, you can walk completely around the ship. There are a couple of flights of stairs to access the helipad but these can be bypassed by simply cutting through the ship just before the stairs. Saw a few people jogging on deck 4. If you need alone time, Deck 4 is also a great place to go to get away from crowds during sea days. I don't understand why more people don't take advantage of this area. Maybe they don't realize that it's there. Fantastic views of the ocean from all around the ship. Took the following pictures on a completely booked spring break cruise. You wouldn't know that by looking at these pictures.

k7-X3KSOnlkqthvpbUIF3JMz8z0uoDlZXzwAXXTq_zX98fZKZPWVgpzzNb4BLpLgYq5roWNZkYFLLePR6N2cHE0JAEejqSwsCWjAlhuh2wU19Z6KXdRhygOJ_OCChMwUnkb7rU8ahL_UAFSrDQQJTGRPry76H0qXSpRGWymSenWoxLng4SJ2jxHViAa6IKK4sZy5OeLUgkX39b8DAqsUB89UVEccWiGHrBWk5K4MDcSTuTbMIzIlGFsmirZKWhrLScjiX-ASQlDhZ5wjasbkBFXonElFc49FjGDHOPYl1iS6KlM9wjrlEGpWyAv9wdI_HZyk6d_F1fplEsj_kG1gw-Rd0kCIURAjDvcgRlX6wYeEMiSTQrKl0qlPhoO_9y3rTrI0b7IkOGzHMbFSUtH0Z4TKtg_33HEFHpqxQ1YE5qrDTreVT061njbXL8SwQ-Vracu087zcLNz98DXpJe7cy503AdnhZ08IEnUXGDV4zAfHigEXqs-id4WDMRtRWJ8nbG0333WPNPiFX9-FZEBykN_lctNMmoyX4YXsDmizGkSKKCY-dHdUqksS1oYSoMtk1Nrk=w504-h378-no

aiH-OA8tNAAI126IhUSTJGL-uZbW9U51ty6VDO-Fk_Jiq-9qN0sYTtPp_W4RZpJ8Qn5S_2UAaXNS4Mo5rk8jiGNLHi932WyEJNTtiiLrCzc2mpqnkX5Y_AwQrfR6KoYUFDcu_6L2YsdhUbwNrmMk9w6gvIJgeYF4VxZNxl3IBRO-RhRJ5Bazz5UvgQQH2I1Ee8K_xACTO8l_IXDWcE2CfamN6h_aG_JOS1YOhbZlS0LU778aEgqR7r-jYgZtk5NGZn1zpBmeZHFb53spRZhhsMuEpPtmXIpBznHdpQQsrOJ8WDFgSTrTsBZAU3etSDO3EJnxz6DiQplbs-cZW3EEL4AolXg7wnuwIZH_iHqlgZ85MhMXo6RXpGmvTd9G7uibxxAHDc_4WzJkAncf3278q_joO3ytSKDx8RX4CQa7csjdY5Qaivnk8YbPomNwInL49QMj_iHcrdqJe0OqC3_DH_4EILbRxX9ANJsYvBpDSo8m9hxs0vSEAm4BdaXs6Sz0tWRuGzv9VR090LKXioUJ76AGZbR2AZoDBKMUPHOz6qSNwRSn8Ij2yIw07-0omOt54Gr_=w504-h378-no

Edited by Mdcwlaf

Thank you both. I guess we will figure it out. Due to bad knees I don't do stairs well, but can walk on a flat surface quite a distance. I hope I do ok with the level changes.

The jogging track is level.

The running track on deck 12 use to go all the way to the bow, but then they shortened it up and put cabins at the front of the ship and added a sun deck above those cabins. You get to them via a staircase.

Last day I discovered that that area up the stairs isn't some protected-class area. That is where I will be forevermore when on FOS in the future. :)

Oh and I saw a lady sunbathing in the very aft just down from the flowrider; she was all alone (on a day when every single lounger was spoken for in some way on the jogging track deck and swim deck). Lovely spot.

On the jogging track it says that it's 6.7 times around for 1 mile. Or either 4, I believe, times for a kilometer. :) Must have been 4 b/c DS and I were doing a 5K, and we went 20 times around.

• 4 weeks later...

We'll be on the 5/22/16 Freedom sailing during the NBA basketball finals. Usually when we sail in May, we watch the games on the pool deck jumbotron tv. Does anyone happen to know whether they switch to the games on Freedom? Or do we have to find one of the sports bars to watch it?

We'll be on the 5/22/16 Freedom sailing during the NBA basketball finals. Usually when we sail in May, we watch the games on the pool deck jumbotron tv. Does anyone happen to know whether they switch to the games on Freedom? Or do we have to find one of the sports bars to watch it?

Major sporting events are usually televised on the Freedom. The games should be available on the large screen on the pool deck, On Air on deck 3 and your stateroom TV.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone eaten at Sabors lately on Freedom? Got a reservation there for the 1st formal night, and I hear it's pretty great.

I very.much enjoyed lunch there.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I've got my eye on the Sabor Red Snapper or the Braised Short Ribs along with a big delicious Margarita! Yum ;)

I had the Sabor Red Snapper last night! Outstanding and booked for the last night too! Freedom is great however the beds are made of cement! Have not had a good nights sleep since boarding May 8th! Will have to bring some serious padding or else cancel our already booked cruises. No more egg crates, they said they were unsanitary. I would take a dirty egg crate at this point though! Everything else is fantastic, have not been in any ports due to boyfriends back issues (from the beds). Was told only Freedom had these dreaded cement beds! They must have saved themselves a couple of bucks on them! Happy cruising everyone!!!

Our plan is to be at the port in time to board as soon as they start letting people on. I thought we would eat, then grab a chair by the pool. Does the pool get crowded on embarkation day, or, do most people opt eat, unpack, etc.? Didn't know if we need to go right away and grab chairs.

Our plan is to be at the port in time to board as soon as they start letting people on. I thought we would eat, then grab a chair by the pool. Does the pool get crowded on embarkation day, or, do most people opt eat, unpack, etc.? Didn't know if we need to go right away and grab chairs.

Our experience is that if it's a warm sunny day, the pool gets crowded pretty fast.

This is a great thread. My family and I will be on FOS in 5 weeks. I wish I had time to read through all 141 pages, 2815 posts in this thread. I have read a ton about this ship and am excited to get on board.

We are staying in Cocoa Beach the night before and want to get to the cruise terminal as early as possible. I don't care if I can't get in to my room until 1 pm. I just want to get there.

Keep the updates and info coming.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Regarding mattress, email special needs department to request pad on bed. I did and they had a 4 inch thick memory foam on our bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is this recent?? We had our TA request mattress toppers for our three rooms. However, I read earlier that the toppers were no longer available.

Need recent experiences on the beds please????

Also a question about the menus again. WE are on the first 8 night sailing out of FLL. I know others have told me it will be hard to know ahead of time what the menu schedule will be like. HOwever, I assume we can plan on doing our free specialty restaurant on the first night and not miss lobster???

Is this recent?? We had our TA request mattress toppers for our three rooms. However, I read earlier that the toppers were no longer available.

Also a question about the menus again. WE are on the first 8 night sailing out of FLL. I know others have told me it will be hard to know ahead of time what the menu schedule will be like. HOwever, I assume we can plan on doing our free specialty restaurant on the first night and not miss lobster???

We thought the beds were very comfortable (May 1), but we prefer a firm mattress.

Edited by handbellplayer

Yes, it is recent. Our cruise is coming up in June. I emailed the special needs email and requested toppers for our bed. They have responded back confirming a topper will be placed on the bed, so they do still do toppers on request.