All Things Freedom of the Seas!

A diver just took an air bag and rope back under the ship. I maybget a shot of what they bring up. Better pictures when I get back from my Canon.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

You need an EyeFi card. Transfers pics from camera to phone.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We haven't been on a Freedom Class in 5 years yet will be back on the Liberty next July and have two cruises booked in 2018 on the Freedom, is Sabor a nice restaurant and do you recommend.

We will be trying out Sabor in March. Comes highly reccomended by Matt Hochberg who writes the royalcaribbean blog. He has area reviews on his website.

-Sean

is Sabor a nice restaurant and do you recommend.

We tried Sabor last week and it was one of my favorite meals on board. Very good and attentive service.

It better not. I was on one of those cruises 2 years ago and am on freedom again in Feb.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

We were on there with you! This was our first trip on Royal since our 2014 cruise to no where we wanted to go. The captain on our cruise was really pushing hard to get back to Canaveral on time and I think we were pretty close although they were about 15 - 30 minutes behind on departures.

The first 8 day I'm sailing is in Nov!!!

Don't think we will get any up to date compasses for our sailing.

I'm on an 8 day in November on FOS as well. 26-dec8. Only other cruise we've been on was a 5 night on carnival paradise out of Tampa last September. Cruise bug bit us then (as boring as the ship was) and we're totally hooked. Only 39 days left to wait!

Sent from my N9518 using Forums mobile app

We are just off the 10/9 sailing and I'm happy to answer any specifics I can! Someone asked about current movies-we had the newest Captain America, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, the newest TMNT, The Shallows, Star Trek Beyond, and there may have been another.

We are a family of five (kids 11, 9, and 5) and found a TON to do. Mini golf, flow rider, ice skating, rock climbing. My husband and son loved the open soccer times. My kids enjoyed Adventure Ocean, they went there for an hour or two most evenings. We all went to the Illusionist, and wished we'd taken them to the show that I can't remember the guys names, but it's two guys doing a lot of physical comedy and they bill it as "they aren't just funny, they're crazy." That one was a blast. The only show we were disappointed in was the last night comedy show-he wasn't very funny.

Mostly my kids were happy just hanging out in the water park area, especially the pool that whirls around and round. We had an absolute blast!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Jana,

Looks like you had a great time. We are this close to booking a cruise on Freedom Jan 15. My question is, can you describe the entertainment? What kind of theatre productions are they? Musicals? Old time cannery stuff? Actual plays? What about piano bars? Or comedy clubs? We will be two couples in our late 40s. Thanks so much for the info..:o

We are just off the 10/9 sailing and I'm happy to answer any specifics I can! Someone asked about current movies-we had the newest Captain America, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, the newest TMNT, The Shallows, Star Trek Beyond, and there may have been another.

We are a family of five (kids 11, 9, and 5) and found a TON to do. Mini golf, flow rider, ice skating, rock climbing. My husband and son loved the open soccer times. My kids enjoyed Adventure Ocean, they went there for an hour or two most evenings. We all went to the Illusionist, and wished we'd taken them to the show that I can't remember the guys names, but it's two guys doing a lot of physical comedy and they bill it as "they aren't just funny, they're crazy." That one was a blast. The only show we were disappointed in was the last night comedy show-he wasn't very funny.

Mostly my kids were happy just hanging out in the water park area, especially the pool that whirls around and round. We had an absolute blast!!

We have 4 kids and Im just curious what you had for staterooms.

-Sean

Hello - probably not the right thread to post this question but...

We are cruising on Freedom again in December and this time with our children. We have two connecting rooms (when I say connecting they are next to each other not truly connected with a door. Cabin 7250 and 7248; one is deluxe and one superior. My question is are we able to connect the balconies? I totally forget the partition setup but it would be awesome if that were the case.

Figured amongst all the RCCL experts someone may know. Thank you!

Hey Marnick1, I stayed in cabin 7240 this past May. I didn't see any links to remove or open the partitions on the balcony. That doesn't mean that it isn't possible though. Give RCI a call and ask them whether those partitions are removable. If so, as soon as you check in to your room ask the attendant to open it. That would be so wonderful to have an oversized balcony! Good luck! :)

We just got back from the ship first time on her , have sailed on the Adventure like 5 or 6 times also sailed on the Navigator so love this style of ship with the Royal Promenade. Now saying that , absolutely hated this ship. OMG felt like I was jammed in crowds all week long . Heard there was like 4300- 4600 people onboard felt like 10000 lol u couldn't move all week last sea day I couldn't even find a Chair on the lido deck not a lounger I mean a chair just to sit down , I mean the RP was packed all week . The AOS never felt packed or even busy to us ever. IDK in 20 cruises only seen one other ship I hated as much as this one the Carnival Dream , same deal it was a same style of another class we loved only stretched out too add more people and packed the same way as this one. It wasn't only me talked to people as we left said the same thing as we did. So I guess just this ship is just not for us. Did have I nice Corner aft room on deck 9 9704 it was great but then all Aft rooms are :D

Do you know what types of activities they have in Adventure Ocean? My son would be 7 when we go. He did not like the kids club on Majesty because it was too competitive, they were just doing competitions between the kids to "win medals" and he felt left out I think. He likes to play :) I have no problem just taking him to the water park area, mini golf, etc but do like a little time to relax myself if I can get it!

Does this card work well? I checked them out and some had mixed reviews, how has it worked for you?

Earlier this year I bought a new Olympus waterproof camera and these newer cameras have a wifi feature that will transfer pics from camera to phone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk