All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Thanks, it will be nice to be on a ship again with a traditional promenade.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Not quite traditional. As you get to the forward area you have to go up a flight of stairs to the bow (where you can also go up on the helipad), walk to the other side, and then back down a flight of stairs to deck 4 and continue walking. I do very much enjoy it.

Hello all, we (me, DH, DS22 and DD18) are on Freedom for the first time on Dec. 10th, really looking forward to it! We are not new to cruising, but haven't been for almost 5 years and with the exception of Oasis of the Seas our family experience has mostly been Disney. I have a couple of questions and hope this is the place to ask. If not, please direct me. :) (I have searched both the forum and Google but apparently I need better search terms because neither has yielded the answers I'm looking for.)

First off, I didn't get with the program quickly enough and book any reservations for shows. I have read I might be able to make some reservations when we board the ship, is it worth trying? Where do I go?

Secondly, we were automatically slotted into MTD, but I'm having second thoughts about it. We don't mind flying by the seat of our pants, but we've always enjoyed our wait staff every night on traditional dining. Do you know if there's any possibility of changing it if we want to?

Last, and trivial, we really remember enjoying the tapas at Vintages on Oasis. I've seen conflicting information on whether Freedom serves them. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance, I think we are really going to enjoy Freedom of the Seas!

MelissaE1, I am going on FOS next May. It will be my first cruise, so I am fairly ignorant of things but have been handing around here awhile and also on the RCI website. Your questions interest me so replying but may stand corrected with regards to my answer.

It is my understanding that you cannot reserve the entertainment and shows in advance on Freedom.

We are automatically down for MTD as well and not too bothered but I understood it as a bonus more than an inconvenience. I think if you don't want to use it you can automatically use the traditional method but I may be wrong.

No idea about the Tapas as hate that type of food.

Hopefully someone who knows Freedom and RCI very well here can clarify the other things. Have a great cruise.

Hello all, we (me, DH, DS22 and DD18) are on Freedom for the first time on Dec. 10th, really looking forward to it! We are not new to cruising, but haven't been for almost 5 years and with the exception of Oasis of the Seas our family experience has mostly been Disney. I have a couple of questions and hope this is the place to ask. If not, please direct me. :) (I have searched both the forum and Google but apparently I need better search terms because neither has yielded the answers I'm looking for.)

First off, I didn't get with the program quickly enough and book any reservations for shows. I have read I might be able to make some reservations when we board the ship, is it worth trying? Where do I go?

Secondly, we were automatically slotted into MTD, but I'm having second thoughts about it. We don't mind flying by the seat of our pants, but we've always enjoyed our wait staff every night on traditional dining. Do you know if there's any possibility of changing it if we want to?

Last, and trivial, we really remember enjoying the tapas at Vintages on Oasis. I've seen conflicting information on whether Freedom serves them. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance, I think we are really going to enjoy Freedom of the Seas!

FOS doesn't use reservations for shows. Just get there a little early, depending on the demand.

I had MTD, along with an early 5:45 reservation. I had the same table/staff every night.

Can't help you on Vintages....

Enjoy your cruise, it's a great ship and crew...

Thank you all for the info. I thought I had read on a thread somewhere during my search that Freedom was requiring reservations for shows, I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that is not the case. I am so relieved; I thought I totally blew it!

We really enjoyed Oasis but are looking forward to a ship that's the next size down. Well, the parents anyway. :) Plus trying to book everything in advance when I often don't know what I'm doing until I'm doing it was crazy for me. Sounds like Freedom will be more what we are used to.

I'll head over to the roll call and say hello.

And waterlegs: first cruise? Prepare to be hooked!

Going to be on Freedom for the first time in a week :D

I have gotten addicted to a drink called a cucumber sunrise at the Alchemy bar on Carnival. It became my pre-dinner cocktail. Does anyone know if there would be a bar on Freedom that could make it? Most of the ingredients can be easily found, just not sure if the watermelon syrup and cucumber can be found at any of the bars on Freedom. I listed the recipe below:

Cucumber Sunrise

2 0z ABSOLUTE VODKA

1 0z FRESH LIME JUICE

1 0z MONIN WATERMELON SYRUP

2 CUCUMBER WHEELS

0.75 0z ORANGE JUICE

Muddle cucumber wheels in a shaker, add all ingredients with ice then shake and strain into a glass with ice.

Going to be on Freedom for the first time in a week :D

I have gotten addicted to a drink called a cucumber sunrise at the Alchemy bar on Carnival. It became my pre-dinner cocktail. Does anyone know if there would be a bar on Freedom that could make it? Most of the ingredients can be easily found, just not sure if the watermelon syrup and cucumber can be found at any of the bars on Freedom. I listed the recipe below:

Cucumber Sunrise

2 0z ABSOLUTE VODKA

1 0z FRESH LIME JUICE

1 0z MONIN WATERMELON SYRUP

2 CUCUMBER WHEELS

0.75 0z ORANGE JUICE

Muddle cucumber wheels in a shaker, add all ingredients with ice then shake and strain into a glass with ice.

Many of this class ship have a "mixologist" on board in one of the bars. And, most of the bartenders would enjoy giving it a try.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

Just read that Freedom may be changing some of its long standing Headliner Shows. Anyone have any detail as to what might be going out and what might be coming in?

Rumor mill has it that there will be a new Ice Show and that the "Once Upon a Time" show will be replaced.

Just curious if anyone has recently departed the Freedom and has any updates.

Thanks.

-Sean

Just read that Freedom may be changing some of its long standing Headliner Shows. Anyone have any detail as to what might be going out and what might be coming in?

Rumor mill has it that there will be a new Ice Show and that the "Once Upon a Time" show will be replaced.

Just curious if anyone has recently departed the Freedom and has any updates.

Thanks.

-Sean

Hi,

I am sailing on Freedom on March 4th and would be interested to know if the entertainment is changing.

Shannon

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Based on another report. The shows playing presently seem to be the same ones we saw 2 years ago for the most part. We are on in 2 weeks and I really hope for new shows by then but doubt it.

Sent from my BlackBerry Dtek50

Currently on the Freedom now and the Once Upon A Time show had its last show two nights ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Based on another report. The shows playing presently seem to be the same ones we saw 2 years ago for the most part. We are on in 2 weeks and I really hope for new shows by then but doubt it.

I think Independence has had the same shows for the 9 years that the ship has been in existence.:rolleyes:

I think Independence has had the same shows for the 9 years that the ship has been in existence.:rolleyes:

Not sure if this is true or not but according to http://www.royalcaribbean.com/vanity/broadwayatsea

Grease has been added to Independence as of this past July (2016).

The poster who said that the shows were changing could have meant one of many things as it wasnt clear the way it was posted. She certainly mentioned new entertainment which I assume to be maybe a new band, pianist, guitarist.

It could have meant that the contract was up for the talent and they were switching to new performers, they could be adding a new 'act' to the current ice show or it could be a whole new design for the show.

Maybe a new juggler or magic show?

Who knows. Kind of why I asked. [Edit - Hoping for change but kinda doubt that Once Upon a Time is changing-.] Didnt see the previous post before I posted. So curious as to what would replace it????

-Sean

Edited by wilmingtech

We were onboard earlier this month and they were showing "Marquee", "Once Upon a Time" and the "Freedom-ice.com" ice show. At the beginning of the "Marquee" sure, the cruise director announced that it would be the last performance of that show on Freedom. He did not say anything about what would replace it. Nothing was mentioned during that week (during the performances we saw) about either of the other shows ending.

We were onboard earlier this month and they were showing "Marquee", "Once Upon a Time" and the "Freedom-ice.com" ice show. At the beginning of the "Marquee" sure, the cruise director announced that it would be the last performance of that show on Freedom. He did not say anything about what would replace it. Nothing was mentioned during that week (during the performances we saw) about either of the other shows ending.

That would be good. Freedom is about due to have 1 or more of those shows refreshed. Even better if they get a "broadway" show. Mama Mia on Allure is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen any reports from those who have come off a recent cruise? It would be great to find out for sure what shows are playing. If Marquee and Once Upon a time is replaced I'm excited to see what is coming.

Has anyone seen any reports from those who have come off a recent cruise? It would be great to find out for sure what shows are playing. If Marquee and Once Upon a time is replaced I'm excited to see what is coming.

I just got off of the Freedom today. As far as what was said about Once Upon A Time was that it was their last show earlier this week. However, there was no clarification if it was just the performers or the show itself. They had a comedy show from these two guys from vegas, I just can't remember their names. I think I brought the compasses home so I'll post later this week if I do of what was there.

I just got off of the Freedom today. As far as what was said about Once Upon A Time was that it was their last show earlier this week. However, there was no clarification if it was just the performers or the show itself. They had a comedy show from these two guys from vegas, I just can't remember their names. I think I brought the compasses home so I'll post later this week if I do of what was there.

We were told similar on MJ two weeks ago. It was the last performance by this cast

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I need to confirm whether or not Freedom has Freestyle soda machines. And if it does can someone who recently cruised say if they are kept in reasonable working order? I just bought a refreshment package but if there are no machines or they have a lot of issues I will cancel.

I need to confirm whether or not Freedom has Freestyle soda machines. And if it does can someone who recently cruised say if they are kept in reasonable working order? I just bought a refreshment package but if there are no machines or they have a lot of issues I will cancel.

Freedom does have the machines, but I've not read any recent reports on their performance.

I didn't use all of them on the January 21st cruise but the two I used in Windjammer and the one I used in front of Sorrento's worked fine.