All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Hey Jana,

Looks like you had a great time. We are this close to booking a cruise on Freedom Jan 15. My question is, can you describe the entertainment? What kind of theatre productions are they? Musicals? Old time cannery stuff? Actual plays? What about piano bars? Or comedy clubs? We will be two couples in our late 40s. Thanks so much for the info..:o

Hi! The headliners were a comedy show, the two guys doing the physical comedy, an illusionist, a tribute to Broadway with singers and dancers, and I am drawing a blank on the other three, I'm sorry! We only went to those. There were lots of other little entertainment things too-Michael Jackson trivia was fun, a Sing It game show, Majority Rules game. There is a piano bar, and adult karaoke. Plus there was something adult every night around 10:30 (battle of the sexes, love and marriage, quest). You won't be bored!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have 4 kids and Im just curious what you had for staterooms.

-Sean

We had an inside family stateroom and LOVED it!!! We've sailed Disney before and this room was much bigger. We had a queen sized bed, then a couch that folded down into a double bed, and then a separate bunk bed alcove. In addition we had a walk in closet, separate from the usual closet. It was massive! We had two desks, another tall cabinet for clothes, and so many shelves and places to store things. We could not believe how big the room felt with five of us in there.

jana16.... Do you know if Freedom has the new dinner menu? Thanks!

I don't know! I can tell you each night had a different ingredient theme-basil is the only one I can remember. There were 6-7 entrees each night, and 4-5 classics on all menus (steak, chicken, sliders, linguine). Shrimp cocktail was only offered two nights as an appetizer. Ohhhh!!! If anyone is going soon, my absolute favorite meal of the whole week was day 5, the pan seared sole fillet in lemon butter sauce. I wanted to lick my plate, lol.

Do you know what types of activities they have in Adventure Ocean? My son would be 7 when we go. He did not like the kids club on Majesty because it was too competitive, they were just doing competitions between the kids to "win medals" and he felt left out I think. He likes to play :) I have no problem just taking him to the water park area, mini golf, etc but do like a little time to relax myself if I can get it!

It didn't seem like it was all competitions! My daughter was in the 6-8 room. There were some games, but they did face painting, decorated pillowcases and did a PJ movie party, light saber duels with balloons, science activities. I can look at the kids compasses. The last night is carnival night, they do a bunch of games that night. They did do gagaball and some other more physical games too. One night was a pirate parade through the ship. My kids enjoyed it but weren't begging to go, so they just went for an hour or two 4-5 of the evenings.

Are the menus fleet-wide supposed to be changing within the next month or so? I'll be aboard over Thanksgiving, I'll let you know if it doesn't change before then.

I read in a couple of different threads that new menus were rolling out. I had not been able to confirm new menus on Freedom though. I would appreciate an update after your return! Thanks!

I'm confused about all of the MDR menu discussions I am reading. I understand that there are new menus being tried out on Oasis, but I am confused as to what those are replacing.

We last cruised in February and had the standard ones that were in place the last couple of years (nightly themes of Sage, Saffron, etc.).

Are those the ones that were replaced on Oasis, or have there been newer ones roll out fleet wide since February. I'm curious because we will be on Freedom next week and wanted to get an idea of what to expect...

What things aren't included in your cruise fare? I know soft drinks and some of the restaurants but what else?

Alcohol, shore excursions, specialty coffees, on board gratuities, internet, spa treatments.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if any of the inside or oceanview rooms have the privacy curtain seperating the 2 person bed from the 3rd person in the room? I just saw a picture and it appears all 3 are on the same side of the curtain. If there are any, what would be a good cabin for 3?

Does anyone know if any of the inside or oceanview rooms have the privacy curtain seperating the 2 person bed from the 3rd person in the room? I just saw a picture and it appears all 3 are on the same side of the curtain. If there are any, what would be a good cabin for 3?

We were in a family OV on our first Freedom and it had the privacy curtain seperating the fold out couch and Bed. It's basically a big square with a curtain in the middle.

Then there is a closet with 2 small bunks and of course the bathroom on the other side.

If you are going Family OV look to see if you can get one of the two rooms on the 8th floor. 8500 and 8200. They have a seperate master bedroom. 8200 has a doorway with a curtain but bigger living room and 8500 has a weird bathroom / living room layout but there is a door that closes off the master bedroom.

For the regular OVs and Inside I am not sure there is a curtain separating the bed / couch.

-Sean

Edited by wilmingtech

We were in a family OV on our first Freedom and it had the privacy curtain seperating the fold out couch and Bed. It's basically a big square with a curtain in the middle.

Then there is a closet with 2 small bunks and of course the bathroom on the other side.

If you are going Family OV look to see if you can get one of the two rooms on the 8th floor. 8500 and 8200. They have a seperate master bedroom. 8200 has a doorway with a curtain but bigger living room and 8500 has a weird bathroom / living room layout but there is a door that closes off the master bedroom.

For the regular OVs and Inside I am not sure there is a curtain separating the bed / couch.

-Sean

Thank you for your suggestions. I think I finally figured it out. There are a few large oceanview rooms that have a sofa bed. The sofa bed is separated by a curtain from the main bedroom.

Anybody have any new information on what they're fixing on Freedom? We're also on next week's sailing and are really curious as to if we need to worry about having engine/etc trouble during our cruise.

I have not read any reports from recent cruisers on the ship about engine issues or anything that is affecting the ship's itineraries.

I have not read any reports from recent cruisers on the ship about engine issues or anything that is affecting the ship's itineraries.

I could only assume those pieces in my recent photograph came from Freedom. They were pretty big pieces, maybe the divers found them while working down there and the port paid them to remove them?

I could only assume those pieces in my recent photograph came from Freedom. They were pretty big pieces, maybe the divers found them while working down there and the port paid them to remove them?

Those pieces are what I'm referencing, I'm curious as to what it actually was.

I think everything with the Carnival Liberty cruise getting cancelled today has me anxious about my upcoming cruise :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I would think if pieces like that fell off of a ship someone would know that they were missing!:eek::D