All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Well Freedom doesn't appear to be leaving anytime soon. Divers in the water again. Haven't seen any big pieces like Bill did.

c307c0f5b4e18d8d1339e4a509a98ced.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the update John, that is the same dive truck/company that was there on the 16th. Get their website info off the truck maybe we can email them for details?:confused:

Thanks for the update John, that is the same dive truck/company that was there on the 16th. Get their website info off the truck maybe we can email them for details?:confused:

Isn't she going passenger-less tonight to Ft Lauderdale?

Maybe they are taking the time to do some routine checkups/maintenence?

-Sean

-Sean

Good point, that could very well be what's going on.

I also wondered if they were just doing a follow-up inspection to the previous dive/repair.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

yea, right ;)

Went over and saw the Oceania Regatta at T3, it's so tiny. :eek: Just a little smaller than Empress. :o

-Sean

We just got off of Freedom this morning. When the captain changed the itinerary to Grand Cayman, he told us that he had the hammer down on all 5 engines in order to get us there by 10am Tuesday morning, and we ended up pulling in even earlier than planned at 9:30...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theyve got 3 WEEKS to fix that bad boy.. I'm going out the 26th. Just got upgraded from interior to ocean view for FREE yesterday. Our second cruise ever, had an ocean view last time and were getting nervous to not have a window. Couldn't believe we got the upgrade for nothing. From a Q class room to H class. But I sure hope they get her running better before we go!!!!

Sent from my N9518 using Forums mobile app

Theyve got 3 WEEKS to fix that bad boy.. I'm going out the 26th. Just got upgraded from interior to ocean view for FREE yesterday. Our second cruise ever, had an ocean view last time and were getting nervous to not have a window. Couldn't believe we got the upgrade for nothing. From a Q class room to H class. But I sure hope they get her running better before we go!!!!

That's awesome! Was it automatic or did they call you??

Hi All. We are doing our first cruise ever on Freedom in the Med in May 2017. The info here is great. However I am confused by the amount of bars and restaurants and cafes as to what places are free to eat in and which places are extra. Would someone be good enough to compile a little list of the free eating places please? We have the deluxe drinks package, which includes drinks up to 12 dollars each I think. Will I manage to get a cocktail for less than that price onboard?

Was also wondering if many adults do the surfrider, climbing wall and ice skating activities or is it mainly teens and young adults?

We have interior cabins on deck nine starboard side. They are 9289 and 9290. Category L. Any ideas as to how good this location is?

We have the option of My Time Dining too. Is this recommended and how does it work please?

Lots of questions there but appreciate any answers you experienced cruisers can give me. Thanks.

That's awesome! Was it automatic or did they call you??

I called them asking what it would cost to upgrade. They told me promenade view for $12 or oceanview guarantee for no additional charge. They actually assigned the room just a few hours later even though she said it could be as late as 3 days before sailing. We're on the 3rd deck, but that's where we started anyways so no loss there.

Hi All. We are doing our first cruise ever on Freedom in the Med in May 2017. The info here is great. However I am confused by the amount of bars and restaurants and cafes as to what places are free to eat in and which places are extra. Would someone be good enough to compile a little list of the free eating places please? We have the deluxe drinks package, which includes drinks up to 12 dollars each I think. Will I manage to get a cocktail for less than that price onboard?

Was also wondering if many adults do the surfrider, climbing wall and ice skating activities or is it mainly teens and young adults?

We have interior cabins on deck nine starboard side. They are 9289 and 9290. Category L. Any ideas as to how good this location is?

We have the option of My Time Dining too. Is this recommended and how does it work please?

Lots of questions there but appreciate any answers you experienced cruisers can give me. Thanks.

I have not yet been on freedom but will be in 3 weeks. The specialty dining restaurants are giovannis table, chops grille, and sabor. Ben&jerrys ice cream is an extra charge. The pizza place on he promenade is included. Most cocktails fall under he $12 limit, and I believe you only pay the difference if it is more expensive.The windjammer buffet and main dining room are included. My time dining is nice because depending on your port times you can make a different reservation each night or show up when you're ready to eat and wait for a seat.

Hope that was helpful :-)

Thanks lingading.

Other questions: What exactly is ship time? How does it differ to port times and what times are itineraries written in? Also, is there the possibility of disembarking and reembarking as you want on port days or only at the start and end of the day?

There has never been any news of that there is anything broken?? Like I said in a post yesterday, I just got off Freedom and the captain ran her the whole trip with all 5 engines at full speed...

Thanks lingading.

Other questions: What exactly is ship time? How does it differ to port times and what times are itineraries written in? Also, is there the possibility of disembarking and reembarking as you want on port days or only at the start and end of the day?

Ship time is the time zone of the departure port. In Freedom's case it is EST when sailing from Florida. All itineraries reference ship time.

For example when Freedom ports somewhere like Cozumel, the local time will be 1-2 hours behind ship time (depending on DST) so you should make sure your watch or phone stays on ship time because if the ship leaves Cozumel at 4pm ship time and you get to back to the port at 4pm Cozumel time, Freedom will be long gone and as the captain says, you should then have iTunes play "All By Myself"... :-)

Thanks lingading.

You can come and go from the ship as many times as you want while it is in port.