All Things Freedom of the Seas!

We will be sailing on FOTS in January. This is our first RCCL cruise. One of my favorite cruise treats is purchasing a week long spa pass to enjoy saunas, steam rooms, thalassotherapy pools, etc. Is anything like this available on FOTS? IF so, where and when do I purchase it?

We will be sailing on FOTS in January. This is our first RCCL cruise. One of my favorite cruise treats is purchasing a week long spa pass to enjoy saunas, steam rooms, thalassotherapy pools, etc. Is anything like this available on FOTS? IF so, where and when do I purchase it?

Sauna and steam room are free on Freedom. Other spa services can be purchased at the spa.

Ship time is the time zone of the departure port. In Freedom's case it is EST when sailing from Florida. All itineraries reference ship time.

For example when Freedom ports somewhere like Cozumel, the local time will be 1-2 hours behind ship time (depending on DST) so you should make sure your watch or phone stays on ship time because if the ship leaves Cozumel at 4pm ship time and you get to back to the port at 4pm Cozumel time, Freedom will be long gone and as the captain says, you should then have iTunes play "All By Myself"... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a million. Very clear now. We are on a Western Med cruise so don't think there is any time difference between all the ports but will double check that.

Thanks a million. Very clear now. We are on a Western Med cruise so don't think there is any time difference between all the ports but will double check that.

This is something the cruise directors usually mention in their evening show on the TV.

We're on the 12/4 sailing....6 days. Anyone know the entertainment schedule.? Thx

We are aboard 2-weeks before you.

The following is the entertainment staff I was told will be on board during my week:

Alfred and Marina Ice Act – Star Act

Andy Cruickshank Schooner Bar Enterainer

James Brown Pub Guitarist

Michele Balan Comedian

Drew Thomas Magic Illusionist

Shades of Buble Vocal Group

Ross Bennett Comedian

Typically many of the entertainment stays aboard and performs multiple weeks, so it's a possibility you'll have some of these people on your sailing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't remember if someone answered this already and I cannot find anything when I do the search. Is Sabor open on Freedom at embarkation? I had seen a post about someone saying the had lunch in Sabor on embarkation day but my old brain can't remember which ship!

I don't remember, but there was a guy making Quac on the promenade when you walk in, we made a reservation with him, he will probably know. If its open, I'll bet there won't be a lot there. A good alternative to the WJ rush.

That's what I was thinking also. We have done Giovanni's on embarkation on Oasis & Allure but I heard that is not an option on Freedom. I like the quieter venue to start us off on a more mellow note. It is really terrible though, every yr. my memory gets shorter We have been on Freedom 2x already and I could have sworn we had lunch in Giovanni's on embarkation day and I guess it must have been on Oasis because everyone on here told me it couldn't be Freedom. Sabor was not on Freedom last time we cruised on her.

That's what I was thinking also. We have done Giovanni's on embarkation on Oasis & Allure but I heard that is not an option on Freedom. I like the quieter venue to start us off on a more mellow note. It is really terrible though, every yr. my memory gets shorter We have been on Freedom 2x already and I could have sworn we had lunch in Giovanni's on embarkation day and I guess it must have been on Oasis because everyone on here told me it couldn't be Freedom. Sabor was not on Freedom last time we cruised on her.

If the weather is nice Johnny Rocket's wouldn't be a bad place, not as quiet as Sabor, but a nice view of the port.

Edited by BillOh

We are sailing on Freedom 1/7/17 and I just went into our cruise planner to book some dining.

The menu for Giovanni's is still showing the 8oz filet. I know their website is known for being wrong so can a recent cruiser chime in on this? Is there still filet on the menu or not? It was seriously our best dinner ever and I will miss it.

Looks like freedom is getting all new deck chairs today!

We saw them being loaded yesterday as we were getting off. Someone said they are replacing the old plastic strap lounges with the mesh lounges. That will be a nice change!

We saw them being loaded yesterday as we were getting off. Someone said they are replacing the old plastic strap lounges with the mesh lounges. That will be a nice change!

That's correct, they're very nice mesh loungers- a great upgrade from the plastic ones. I'll try to snap a picture of one later.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Can anyone tell me how many formal nights there are on the 6night western itinerary, and what night/s they are? Guessing 2 and nights 2 and 5 just like a 7 night, but I have no idea?

Two formal nights, but we won't know for sure until we get feedback from someone on the same exact itinerary.