All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Looks like freedom is getting all new deck chairs today!

Great. Majesty had them on the main pool deck and IMO they were much more comfortable. Now lets hope they last a long time. They only negative I could see is if a 400 pound person puts their elbow through one getting up. (on the old ones there elbow would slide through.

Less then 3 months to my 6 night!

Curious, in the Solarium i know there are two hot tubs. Later in the night are both/one open? Or do they cover/close off them at night?

This is a sore subject with me, but they are usually open, but some Royal employee has the job of waiting till your comfortable and then comes and tells you to get out because he needs to do maintenance. We like to soak before dinner and have been chased out of more hot tubs than we have taken cruises.

This has a been a sore point for me, but I must say, No problem on Majesty this year.

Can anyone tell me how many formal nights there are on the 6night western itinerary, and what night/s they are? Guessing 2 and nights 2 and 5 just like a 7 night, but I have no idea?

According to their website it's 2 formal night -3 casual and 1 smart casual, but I don't k ow what nights I imagine night 2 and 4?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by mcatmcat

Hi everyone,

This will be our fist time Royal Caribbean. Was just wondering if there is any 24 hr. dining other than room service. The only post I could find was from 2008 and I know things change often on ships. Any info would be great.

Thank you.

If you are asking about Freedom, then Cafe Promenade is the venue open closest to 24 hours. I believe it closes for an hour or so in the middle of the night.

Edited by clarea

Hi everyone,

This will be our fist time Royal Caribbean. Was just wondering if there is any 24 hr. dining other than room service. The only post I could find was from 2008 and I know things change often on ships. Any info would be great.

Thank you.

Also room service is available 24/7 but during certain late night hours there is a fee during that time frame otherwise free.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Freedom did get all new deck chairs. Loading them took hours and may have been part of the delay in debarkation. Crew were still unpacking the new chairs several days into the cruise in some areas. They did seem nicer than the older chairs, but a crew member mentioned he was concerned that they might not last as long because the fabric didn't appear to be replaceable.

I can't remember if someone answered this already and I cannot find anything when I do the search. Is Sabor open on Freedom at embarkation? I had seen a post about someone saying the had lunch in Sabor on embarkation day but my old brain can't remember which ship!

Yes, Sabor was open on embarkation day. They were offering 2 free drinks along with a 20% discount. The meal was excellent. Highly recommended.

My thoughts exactly, Deb. I'm glad we chose that route. Just know that the first night isn't the only night you can get discounts. Representatives of all the restaurants walk around offering specials and taking reservations.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We have 4 kids and Im just curious what you had for staterooms.

-Sean

We have three. 8, 11 and 13. We have always stayed in a FO. We started on the Allure (11500). We then did Freedom in (8500). Independence (8200). Then, we tried the Family Panoramic on Navigator (1804). Wow!! The views are incredible!! As you can tell, these are all forward. We love the movement. Negligible as it may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by 54cruzin

It appears, from photos, that the exterior promenade continues outside the MDR hump over the water. Is that area accessible?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is a bit out over the water and you can continue to walk all the way to the stern and across to the other side of the ship.

Yes, it is a bit out over the water and you can continue to walk all the way to the stern and across to the other side of the ship.

Thanks, it will be nice to be on a ship again with a traditional promenade.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk