All Things Freedom of the Seas!

I need to confirm whether or not Freedom has Freestyle soda machines. And if it does can someone who recently cruised say if they are kept in reasonable working order? I just bought a refreshment package but if there are no machines or they have a lot of issues I will cancel.

I can tell you with confidence that yes there are freestyle machines and they are located on the RP. If I recall, there used to be machines on the pool deck a few years ago, but not anymore.

The freestyle machines worked perfectly in November, in fact I was able to make my favorite concoction on several occasions (sprite zero with peach :))

I don't think you should you consider cancelling before you board, if they are not working properly once onboard you can always just ask for a refund.

I'm sailing soon, with a RR package so I will report back on how they are working :rolleyes:

I can tell you with confidence that yes there are freestyle machines and they are located on the RP. If I recall, there used to be machines on the pool deck a few years ago, but not anymore.

The freestyle machines worked perfectly in November, in fact I was able to make my favorite concoction on several occasions (sprite zero with peach :))

I don't think you should you consider cancelling before you board, if they are not working properly once onboard you can always just ask for a refund.

I'm sailing soon, with a RR package so I will report back on how they are working :rolleyes:

Can you also check as to whether there is still a piano up in the crown some place??????

The machines all worked great for me, but that was nearly 2 years ago. I hope you do some kind of review when you get back, I need a Freedom refresher.

I saw this morning on the RCCL website that the deluxe Drink Package was $44 and that was without a discount. Have they reduced the $55 deluxe drink package to $44 as the regular price?

I doubt they lowered the price. I think it's more likely that the sale banner did not show up properly.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Freedom Dec. 4th,and my husband went to use the ones on RP. The regular diet coke was out! We were still in port! Really? Saw alot of people frustrated by this- they did not get any till 2-3 days later. He had the premium drink package-or would have cancelled. Did they pick some up at our first port-GC?

We were on Freedom Dec. 4th,and my husband went to use the ones on RP. The regular diet coke was out! We were still in port! Really? Saw alot of people frustrated by this- they did not get any till 2-3 days later. He had the premium drink package-or would have cancelled. Did they pick some up at our first port-GC?

My experience has been that every department has a schedule of when they are allowed to go to "supply" and replenish. Sometimes,it is two or three days away from when they run out. We have seen this multiple times in bars when bar tenders could confirm a wine or liquor they were out of at that specific bar is actually in the supply area but they weren't slotted to pick up for a couple of days. The better managers will find a way to transfer between bars, windjammer, pool but others won't take the initiative.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I need to confirm whether or not Freedom has Freestyle soda machines. And if it does can someone who recently cruised say if they are kept in reasonable working order? I just bought a refreshment package but if there are no machines or they have a lot of issues I will cancel.

I'm finding this post a bit late, but I found them in good working condition on my Freedom trip in 2015. So far, the only bad experiences I had was Allure in 2013 when the machines were new for that ship. Lots of maintenance issues. (reviews a month later indicated I had a bad week)

Freedom had a great amount of machine per passenger and they were all in good shape all week. The only issue I had was related to the fact that they want to make sure we don't defraud them of 5 cents worth of soda :) My wife sent me to refill her glass with specifically, Minute Made Light Lemonade. I used one of two machines in the WJ and selected her drink. Within 1 second of starting the pour, it switched to EMPTY TRY ANOTHER SELECTION. Well, my wife didn't want another selection. When I tried the machine next to it, which had plenty of that selection, it wouldn't let me, it made me wait 15 minutes. :mad:

Diet Coke is by far the most used drink from my observation and if any goes empty its that one. (Try Coke Zero ;)) I'm betting the replacement cartridges were being loaded on the ship that day, but most people hit the PR first.

• 2 months later...

I was in Curacao last week and saw construction material being placed for expanding their pier. The tourguide we had that day said it was to attract today's bigger ships. I haven't looked but with Freedom moving to San Juan, is Curacao on any of her itineraries yet?

I was in Curacao last week and saw construction material being placed for expanding their pier. The tourguide we had that day said it was to attract today's bigger ships. I haven't looked but with Freedom moving to San Juan, is Curacao on any of her itineraries yet?

Bill it is... it's one of the ports on our itinerary in April 2019 on Freedom.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

It's been 2 years, but the Freestyle machines were the best maintained of all the ships I have been on that had them - Allure, Jewel, Oasis, Freedom, Majesty and Adventure. I thought there was enough machines that there usually wasn't much of a line.

It's been 2 years, but the Freestyle machines were the best maintained of all the ships I have been on that had them - Allure, Jewel, Oasis, Freedom, Majesty and Adventure. I thought there was enough machines that there usually wasn't much of a line.

Yes, we were on Freedom in March and I agree. They were well maintained and rarely any wait to use them.

Robyn, think I saw that you were in 6338 in Feb? Have that middle hump booked for 14 days this Dec. Anything I should know? Looks like a great hump cabin.

BTW, diet Coke ran out on our last trip.

• 3 weeks later...

Pssst .. What is a hump Cabin?

Robyn, think I saw that you were in 6338 in Feb? Have that middle hump booked for 14 days this Dec. Anything I should know? Looks like a great hump cabin.

BTW, diet Coke ran out on our last trip.

"Hump" is the name given here on Cruise Critic to those staterooms on the part of the ship that protrudes outward from the side of the hull.

The advantage of the "hump" is the deeper balcony (long enough for a full lounger) and the view of the view down the side of the ship. These were on Freedom (9638 I think)c2f1af3431dbd0d79e841c7929d64841.jpg37591eccb74a5447305d83bc63a9d335.jpg

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

The advantage of the "hump" is the deeper balcony (long enough for a full lounger) and the view of the view down the side of the ship. These were on Freedom (9638 I think)

Hump balconies on Voyager/Freedom class ships are the same size as other side-facing balcony staterooms in the same category.

We are on her 10/18 and go to Curaco (st. Thomas, st Maarten and the ABC's)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums