All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Does the cabin bathrooms have shampoo, conditioner, body soap, hair dryer?

The hair dryer is connected into the vanity and is only about 500 watts!!! It's not much use to anyone with thick hair or longer than your ears! :rolleyes: :eek:

This is my first cruise ever!

Question about excursions: Have you ever tried to do 2 in one day? In Coco Cay I saw a short snorkel excursion that leaves early morn and then the jet ski excursion that we could book for 1:30 without overlapping the times and giving us the 45 minute buffer that RC requires. Is that too much physical activity in one day?

Question about food: If you reserve at Sabor, (or any specialty restaurant) is there a way to order so you can receive a few selections from the appetizers, main course, dessert? or are you only given one choice from each? Also are their drinks included in our drink package or are those extra?

Question about excursions: Have you ever tried to do 2 in one day? In Coco Cay I saw a short snorkel excursion that leaves early morn and then the jet ski excursion that we could book for 1:30 without overlapping the times and giving us the 45 minute buffer that RC requires. Is that too much physical activity in one day?

Question about food: If you reserve at Sabor, (or any specialty restaurant) is there a way to order so you can receive a few selections from the appetizers, main course, dessert? or are you only given one choice from each? Also are their drinks included in our drink package or are those extra?

Drink package applies in specialty restaurants. (And coco cay BTW)

Last time in Giovanis table, table we were able to order several appetizers entrees, and desserts. I have heard that in chops, you can order more ran on appetizer, but only one entree.

No reason you couldn't book two excursions. Depending on the jetski excursion they can be very exhausting. But if it is a 30 to 60 minute follow the leader, you should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I recommend actually NO excursions in Coco Cay. It will give you more time to relax and explore on your own and eat that fabulous BBQ lunch at your leisure.. You must check out Barefoot Beach. Way less crowded that's the first area you come to. Otherwise, if you just really WANT to do an excursions, I would just do the Jet Ski or the Para Sailng.

Sabor I though went to a la carte pricing. If it's still a flat fee you get anything you want. Drinks at restaurants are included in your drink package, subject to the limitations of your specific package

This may have been asked already but does the ultimate beverage package include the Starbucks coffee from Cafe Promenade?

Yes, it includes specialty coffee drinks at Cafe Promenade.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what kind of Internet access is available if you don't buy the wifi? And what it would cost? I have a 17 year old daughter who will be in Europe and a 19 year son at home on his own who I would like to have contact with but the wifi is $182 canadian for the week.......for just sending a couple emails a day that sounds excessive.

Does anyone know what kind of Internet access is available if you don't buy the wifi? And what it would cost? I have a 17 year old daughter who will be in Europe and a 19 year son at home on his own who I would like to have contact with but the wifi is $182 canadian for the week.......for just sending a couple emails a day that sounds excessive.

There is no internet access on the ship without some sort of purchase.

I believe the least expensive purchase is around $40 for one 24 hour period.

Another option is to seek out free or inexpensive hotspots when you are in a port.

$30 per day. If you're just sending email, I would compose it first, and use the Internet Cafe here on board to send when you're ready, so you're only paying by the minute. It won't be nearly as much. You can also connect to wifi elsewhere while in port.

$30 per day. If you're just sending email, I would compose it first, and use the Internet Cafe here on board to send when you're ready, so you're only paying by the minute. It won't be nearly as much. You can also connect to wifi elsewhere while in port.

I don't think any ships still have by the minute pricing

I don't think any ships still have by the minute pricing

I know this has probably been covered here before, but are there C&A discounts for the packages?

We'll need 2 devices for our FOS cruise next month. First week we'll be Emerald, second week Diamond.

I know this has probably been covered here before, but are there C&A discounts for the packages?

We'll need 2 devices for our FOS cruise next month. First week we'll be Emerald, second week Diamond.

Yes, there are C&A discounts for the internet packages. I don't know the Emerald discount, but the Diamiond discount has been $30 per person.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a medical emergency on Freedom on April 19 cruise. Young lady was running across floor of ice rink during "Quest" and fell and hit her head on whatever flooring material is on top of the ice. Medical team arrived within minutes and mover her into a backboard and then onto a gurney after immobilizing her head. Kudos to the medical team for responding so quickly and hoping they took good care of her. Heard later on that she was released from care the next day after observation.

Had a medical emergency on Freedom on April 19 cruise. Young lady was running across floor of ice rink during "Quest" and fell and hit her head on whatever flooring material is on top of the ice. Medical team arrived within minutes and mover her into a backboard and then onto a gurney after immobilizing her head. Kudos to the medical team for responding so quickly and hoping they took good care of her. Heard later on that she was released from care the next day after observation.

Hence the reason the reason the CDs say not to run, not worth it for a 50 cent medal.

the dessert? or are you only given one choice from each?

As I recall, A dessert tray is brought to the table. It contains ( I think ) 6 items, each, with 4 of each.

We booked Sabor for first night for a 25% discount, per person.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Please tell me if the TV's on the FOS can be connected to my iPad using a HDMI cord? We typically spend time in our cabin & balcony so I would like the option to view movies on our TV, if possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe they do. Depending on when you cruise is, don't count on the ability to stream movies over the internet, as I do not think FOS has been fitted with Voom Internet capabilities yet. You would have to have your movies downloaded on to your device prior to arriving on the ship. They other obstacles may be that the remote control may not allow you to change tv inputs? Samsung's peel app is the best IR remote control app that I have found to circumvent hotels and cruise ships from limiting tv usage.