Latest Glimpse of Solstice...here!

editor@cruisecritic

Arno I'm not happy you are not on the Equinox TA. Not happy at all.

The Canadian dollar has dropped 30 % in value making the cruise $ 3000 more than what we had planned...and the stocks that were going to pay for the B2B are now worth half as much. Now if the fare were to drop by 30% I'd rob the cookie jar to go.

The deposits that were returned from the cancelled cruises will be used to buy cruise stock... if they rebound we'll rebook, if they go down further I'll order a cruise video with the proceeds.

Did anyone read today about RCCL - including ALL their owned lines will be dropping some of their fuel charges based on closing crude prices of a certain monthly date? Makes them the first to do so. My next cruise is not until February with them but I am on Oceanic next month - Amazon. Lets see shat happens with that one.

According to the Port Everglades website, Solstice is due in Port Everglades at 5:15 AM EST on Nov. 4.

Hypo

Can you post the link to it. Thanks

You can keep an eye on the whereabouts of Solstice as she crosses the Atlantic using this link:

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=9HRJ9

Not sure how long that link will work, but if it doesn't go to this site, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and enter "9HRJ9" (currently listed as ship unknown) in the call sign search and it should come up. It also shows some other info underneath like sea state/temp etc and you can zoom the map in and out. They don't always seem to report each day, but Solstice is doing that pretty regularly at the moment.

Phil

You can keep an eye on the whereabouts of Solstice as she crosses the Atlantic using this link:

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=9HRJ9

Not sure how long that link will work, but if it doesn't go to this site, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and enter "9HRJ9" (currently listed as ship unknown) in the call sign search and it should come up. It also shows some other info underneath like sea state/temp etc and you can zoom the map in and out. They don't always seem to report each day, but Solstice is doing that pretty regularly at the moment.

Phil

Looks like at the noon report she's right in the middle of the Atlantic.:cool:

It must be really exciting aboard the ship right now - staffers prepping for their first guests, workers finishing up last minute details, a veritable hive of activity and anticipation for their arrival in Fort Lauderdale. I would imagine everyone aboard in every department has to be filled with pride at showing off their new vessel to the rest of the world!

I recieved my Cafepress shirts.

The spaggetti strap for me is fine, but the imprinted logo on Franks polo is placed lower than it should be, kind of starts at the 3rd button instead of higher. I hope they respond in time to have it redone.

I have been looking into St. Maarteen all day. It seems there is nothing else to do there except beach, nudist beaches and nothing else. I know lots of us live in Florida and we have beach all the time. can anyone advise on anything else to do there? What are your plans?

The more I look into St. Kitts, the train around the island really priovides great scenery. Has anyone been on it?

Hugs

Daph

What kind of activities do you like to do? There are a few things to do on St Maarteen/st Martin, I'm just not sure how active you want to be.

Sunny

It must be really exciting aboard the ship right now - staffers prepping for their first guests, workers finishing up last minute details, a veritable hive of activity and anticipation for their arrival in Fort Lauderdale. I would imagine everyone aboard in every department has to be filled with pride at showing off their new vessel to the rest of the world!

They are going to have than - when everything is finished- an additonal diploma in buliding industry.

Archived