Which ships have the nicest Promenade Decks?

Grannycb

Interesting that this thread has been raised from the dead twice!! :D:eek::p

There's no question in my mind that the nicest promenade decks are the wide teak decks on the Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity.

Patty

Lol, I didn't notice the date. It is from the dead!! :eek: :cool:

Are the windows ocean view rooms?

Actually, on the other side of the windows is an interior hallway that runs alongside one of the restaurants and some of the bars/lounges. The Oceanview rooms, however, have very similar portholes. This is a view from the inside...

P1030327_zpse70f8ad0.jpg

• 1 month later...
The best wrap around promenade deck would have to be the NCL Spirit. It is a typical promenade deck with loungers etc. BUT it has Henry's Pub - a small area with just a few bistro tables. Nice spot for a glass of wine after a couple of laps ;)

Love the wrap around teak deck on NCL Spirit. :)

16 cruises and never been on a ship with a Promenade Deck. My guess is that they were on ocean liners and not cruise ships. Enjoy what you get!

Huh? :confused:

Is Royal Caribbeans Voyager and Freedom class ships the only one that has an inside Promenade?

Also Oasis Class.

To answer the original question, I think Royal Caribbean has the best promenade decks - specifically on Radiance, Voyager and Freedom Class ships. That's because they go out to the bow helipad. Majesty of the Seas also has a really nice promenade. The older Princess ships are decent as well.

Royal Caribbean has a promenade deck outside that goes around the entire ship. On both sides and fwd and aft there are lounge chairs for relaxing. Also on Voyager and Freedom class ships there is an inside Promenade, which is over two hundred feet long. There are shops, bars, food, etc. There are chairs where you can sit and just people watch. At night the indoor promenade lights up with parades and other type activities.

cheers

Is Royal Caribbean the only Cruise line with an inside Promenade? We did the RC Freedom class and it was Great.

The best wrap around promenade deck would have to be the NCL Spirit. It is a typical promenade deck with loungers etc. BUT it has Henry's Pub - a small area with just a few bistro tables. Nice spot for a glass of wine after a couple of laps ;)

I have to agree. The Spririt has a great Promenade.

There's nothing so relaxing as a stroll around the promenade deck. We've been on ships with no outside promenade and others with lovely ones. Which ships do you feel have the nicest promenade decks?

Wow you sure got a lot of sass for just asking people's opinions.:eek: My suggestion for next time it's that you simply provide a statement as that's the best way to get opinions on cc.:D

If I remember correctly, the Carnival Magic had a full promenade (all around the ship on one level) with several of the lounges spilling out onto it.

The decks were wide, plenty of points of ingress and egress to the inside, and plenty of seating and tables.

• 1 month later...
ALL HAL ships have wrap around treak Promendade Decks that are wonderful. One of the many features we love on HAL ships. On some ships ("S" class) four times around is a mile; other ships (Vista Class), three times around is a mile. .... aprroximately. :)

Agree enjoy the lounge chairs on HAL ships... spent many a relaxingt afternoon on the main deck in a lounge chair.

• 3 years later...

I just got off a cruise in Alaska with Celebrity where is no promenade deck.  I forgot how much I missed those decks.  I found the "circulation" on the ship to be difficult with lots of dead ends.  The promenade deck really helps to get from one place to another.

Next time I think I will make a point of booking with Holland since it seems they still have their teak promenade decks. 

On 3/10/2016 at 1:06 PM, Susieq0102 said:

Are the windows ocean view rooms?

I would hope NOT!! 😮You'd never have any privacy when you opened your curtains! I believe the walking deck is on Deck 4 on the Dream. I hesitate to call it a true Promenade; it doesn't wrap around at either the bow or the stern. 

For me, nothing beats the Promenade deck on QM2. Feels like an ocean liner because it IS an ocean liner.

Well darn. I just saw that this was another "brought back from the dead" thread. 

Edited by mom says

53 minutes ago, quack2 said:

I just got off a cruise in Alaska with Celebrity where is no promenade deck.  I forgot how much I missed those decks.  I found the "circulation" on the ship to be difficult with lots of dead ends.  The promenade deck really helps to get from one place to another.

Next time I think I will make a point of booking with Holland since it seems they still have their teak promenade decks. 

You may want to take note of the dates on the posts that state all HAL ships have teak promenade decks. I am pretty sure that the new Pinnacle-class HAL ships (Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam) have the artificial rubberized surface for their promenades. This is pretty much the standard nowadays--but back when this thread was started the HAL claque wouldn't dare anticipate having new ships constructed to 21st century conventions.

P&O's Aurora, a "one off" ship built with world cruises in mind.

Interestingly,  Saga passengers were asked what items they would like to see on the new Saga  ship, arriving this July. The suggestion of a walk round promenade deck has, I believe, been acted upon. 

• Like 1